What's the point to keep bottom tier 4*?

theo199
theo199 Posts: 79
edited December 2015 in Roster and Level Help
... if I don't play hard PvE?
I mean 2 new 4* per month and 1000 HP per slot = 24000 HP per year for what? 2 or 3 really useful 4*...
What's your advices?
Thank you.

PS/ That would be selling Baglord, Elektrap, M. Not So Fantastic, Hulk Dog, Inefficient Woman, Dumb Dino, ...

Comments

• DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    There is still the weekly 4*DDQ that requires to have 4* characters rostered...
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    I'd suggest that you should hold onto them if only for when they might be essentials on the PVE side, cause you'll be able to earn a CP from the essential node (with a bit of grinding).

So if you're into the 4* transition, legendary tokens can be a good way to get covers. This is why I'm holding onto as many as I can.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • For essential events is the answer. Even if you don't play pve competitively, at some point they will introduce a new character that you will want so bad that you'd slap yourself for not having that one essential 4*. And the legendary DDQ node which gives a LT, so it's another potential good pull (maybe even a 5*). If you don't play pve that much, or at all, then get rid of the 2*s whose are much easier to get a full set in a week.
  • Thank you for your advices.
    From my point of view, DDQ 4* is a joke. It is just an isos vacuum cleaner for a RNGesus cover (and RNGesus loves Baglord, you know that).
    I play PVE only to earn some isos so I hardly complete each node, so not even hitting that same RNGesus LT.
    I just can't grind, we should be paid for doing that.
    The node with the CP... I'm laughing too, are you really grinding 5, 10, 15x the same node for 1 CP? Sounds a little bit masochistic too me.
    I'll be honest. Time is money. I completed JG and HB with real money while using my real time in more important things to me (real life for example...).
    And about special events, I've almost quit the game during the Galactus one, remember? I'm sure you too. So I don't even care about these events anymore now. The server(s) should thank me for that.
    Wathever. I saw here then any reason to keep those bottom tier 4*. And that's great. I'll keep my HP for useful 4* (remember, 24000 HP per year for only buying new slots!).
    Despite of playing like this (only PvP), I've got an OML with 3 covers, so that's not impossible, just for information.
    Regards.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I subscribe to the fictitious belief that some day, legitimate character balancing will happen, giving each character under some circumstance at least a small amount of usefulness. Nor, am I holding my breathe.
  • Hendross wrote:
    I subscribe to the fictitious belief that some day, legitimate character balancing will happen, giving each character under some circumstance at least a small amount of usefulness. Nor, am I holding my breathe.

Yeah look at what they did to 4* Wolverine... He's a 3.5* now.
    I love hope and optimism but better be realistic here...
  • Hendross wrote:

I remember all the whining about them doing this with 3*s, retooling bad ones to make them more useful overall.

People didn't like that, because it was one more character they had to find and cover up.

It is hard to please people.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some math fun: If you don't have Mr Fantastic on your roster now, you can't play his essential nodes in ISO-8 Brotherhood. That's one CP a day you miss out on, for a total of 7 throughout the event. That's the same amount you get for buying a Stark Salary.

Personally I love having quirky characters to play with, but I also earn enough HP from PvE and PvP that I can afford to roster all new characters.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    recent experience with 'baglord' in the venom heroic - when he's boosted, his red/purple actually packs quite a punch. he was one of my main characters I used in that event. I'm kinda like quebbster in that I like to successfully use characters others hate on. (well, 4*s - the lower 3*s I hardly ever use)

more pragmatically, missing 1 essential over a 7-day release event is huge points.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Besides the essential nodes, I like to keep the lower 4*s around for those trivial nodes. I like to make them feel useful. icon_rolleyes.gif