Couple of questions for the Vets on here.

Apox1134
Apox1134 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
edited December 2015 in Roster and Level Help
A little background first. I am a pretty deep 3* rostered player. I have most either fully covered and I am optimizing them or I am missing a couple of covers here and there. I placed 2nd in the TAHulk event and hopefully am on track to place 1st or 2nd in the Miles event. Currently sitting in 1st but Christmas may end up being my undoing. So on to the questions.

I have my highest level characters sitting at 143. I over leveled a few early before I learned of scaling from the folks on this forum. Does the scaling change that much between where I am at and 166 in PvP/E? Is it better to just level everyone to 143 then slowly level them to 166? Say going in increments of 2 or 3 levels. Or is it better to level one to 166 and then the next?

I have maybe 10 4*s and only a couple are even usable in any real capacity. Should I just sell off any 5*s I may accidently pull? Currently the idea of pull a 5* both terrifies me and enrages me as I feel it's a real waste of my CP/Legendaries I earn. With Legendaries being the only real way to pull a 4* with regularity.

Okay sorry if that's a rambling post. Just wanted some feedback as no one I know plays.

Comments

• Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Apox1134 wrote:
    I have maybe 10 4*s and only a couple are even usable in any real capacity. Should I just sell off any 5*s I may accidently pull? Currently the idea of pull a 5* both terrifies me and enrages me as I feel it's a real waste of my CP/Legendaries I earn. With Legendaries being the only real way to pull a 4* with regularity.

It sounds like you're close to where I am, though I've taken a bunch of 3* to 166 as none of the 4* are near ready. I've had the luck of adding an OML to my roster, and left at 255 I haven't noticed a massive up-tick in my scaling (used him on easy pve nodes, not used in pvp yet). This of course means that when boosted I have lvl 290 3*s, so this may keep things in check.

I would recommend taking a 'team' of 3* to 166, rather than one at a time.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am just starting to level my 4* above 166 point. When all were at 166 and I've added SilverS the scaling didn't change for me.

I think the issue is visible when you have lvl 94 roster. But 5* (and 4* for that matter) are not meant for players that low. So they should not open LTs. Players gimping their rosters for PVE gains pay the price here and i am fine with that.
  • Even before the 5* scaling issue being fixed, only people with big softcap should feel the difference. I have a dozen 166s for quite some time and have the three 5*s rostered (unleveled, 255) and I have never seen a single enemy above 300 on pve. Meanwhile, a mate has a ton of 270s and always see the dreadened 395s on pve.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Personally I would go ahead and start bumping them to 166. Once you get past a certain threshold level wise, you become a "juicy queue" and are more likely to get hit a bunch in pvp. However if you only play pve then it's really up to you. Though in my opinion and experience the scalling difference between where u are now and maxed 166s is negligible.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Purely from a PvP point-of-view , I say level what you got else you're going to get rolled.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Answer definitely depends on whether you're doing PvP or not. But I will say that I jumped straight from hard-120 to a range of 140-166 players. I was getting top-10 before that, and I'm still there (with occasional top-2 incursions). Levels jumped a fair bit, but I was able to handle it.

And PvP has been a night-and-day difference. Before, had only hit 800 once. Since, I've hit 1k almost every event and even 1300 a couple times (though I've leveled up two PvP teams to 200-ish before getting quite that high).
  • Apox1134
    Cool thanks for the replies. I am going to start leveling at least my Lcap, IF, and Luke Cage. Then move on to the others, I do want to be competitive in PvP. It seems like the fastest way to make the 4* transition.

With scaling it effects everything correct, including DDQ? If so I may have to also think about leveling my DDQ go to team as well. I think my biggest problem has been I got lucky (if you call it that.) early on with a few XFW draws off standard tokens. Then made the mistake of leveling him to 100+ while still in one star land.

One more question, why does my fully covered 3* Thor only go to level 164? Like it says level cap 164, visual glitch or something else? I know I have seen 166 Thors out there or at least I thought I have.

Again thanks for the imput everyone. Hoping to be a more active member of the community and not just ask random questions.
  • Apox1134
    Ah okay I see what you mean. It wasn't what I was talking about but I double checked just now and what I was talking about seems corrected now. I was not talking about the mac level button. For the longest time it said max level 164 and level cap 164. Above the leveling buttons. It seems to have been something that got corrected in the last week. Maybe with the patch. Thanks though that was a helpful thread to read anyway.