**** Miles Morales (Spider-Man) ****

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Its a shame web tiles don't count as actual special tiles.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I'm still not sure who Miles is a supposed to be a "rival" of, at least in regards to someone already in the game. Do they mean the Peter version of Spidey? Those two characters get along great.

Rivals as two popular characters who will only get used in essential nodes and character specific PVP's?

The previous comments are right I think, the usefulness of web tiles would mean you have to team him with either of the two 1* characters (Venom and Original Spiderman) or 3* Spiderman, and I don't see too many people trying that once they've got a usable 4*'s.

I guess we'll have to wait until the next PVE to see how a covered up loaner does in the intro fights. Maybe he'll be better in execution then in theory.
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Miles, Invisible Woman, Venom...IW's yellow tile will target Venom, thus protective him while an invisible Miles spams Web tips for him to devour.

Looks like a pretty damn good team to me if used right.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    bpcontra wrote:
    Miles, Invisible Woman, Venom...IW's yellow tile will target Venom, thus protective him while an invisible Miles spams Web tips for him to devour.

That's probably what I would go with but if the enemy team match that yellow invisi tile or you don't get the yellows to show on the board then people will soon be eating health packs to make the venom combo useful.
  • Tatercat
    Azoth658 wrote:
    bpcontra wrote:

That's probably what I would go with but if the enemy team match that yellow invisi tile or you don't get the yellows to show on the board then people will soon be eating health packs to make the venom combo useful.

To be fair, I never had bothered with Venom, so I hadn't realized he can down a target with 6 or more web tiles on the screen when he Devours. I don't think I've ever even seen that pulled off in two years+ of playing this. That team does seem like the most likely way to trigger that effect, but there's two many team combos out there that could wipe them before you pulled it off. Player Controlled Venom can never get to the levels that the AI Game uses him at when competing against 4*'s.

Which, of course, means we'll probably seeing the Miles/IW/Venom team at level 395 in the next Simulator or Gauntlet. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Tatercat wrote:
    Which, of course, means we'll probably seeing the Miles/IW/Venom team at level 395 in the next Simulator or Gauntlet. icon_e_wink.gif

That would be so very cruel and likely as the last node on a gauntlet icon_razz.gif

Although I am fully expected a 4* Agent Venom that has really good synergy with Miles on it's way.
  • Tatercat
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Although I am fully expected a 4* Agent Venom that has really good synergy with Miles on it's way.

Now THAT has possibilities.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    For PvP sure, he's (probably) got no place. He looks like he'll be a pretty good 3rd wheel battery for other things though.
    As purple/red batteries go, he looks really slow to me, compared to ones we already have.

I thought RHulk blew at release, so at this point I reserve the right to be horribly wrong again. On paper though it seems like he should be at least decent.

I think being able to semi-spam tiles and get credit when the AI matches is a decent combo for AP generation.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought RHulk blew at release, so at this point I reserve the right to be horribly wrong again. On paper though it seems like he should be at least decent.

I think being able to semi-spam tiles and get credit when the AI matches is a decent combo for AP generation.
    RHulk is a great example of a good, fast battery. 7 purple immediately gets you 7 green. But with this guy, 6 purple just means you've got to wait for one of the 5 web tiles to get matched, and even when they do, you just get AP one at a time. It could take a really long time to get back that 6 AP. At the very least, the AP should get generated upon any web tile destruction, not just direct matches.
  • Exactly! Rulk, IF, Hood, Cyk3, 4Cyke, SW, OBW, KP ... Miles is not pvp material and even less pve material.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Exactly! Rulk, IF, Hood, Cyk3, 4Cyke, SW, OBW, KP ... Miles is not pvp material and even less pve material.

I don't know why you would say even less PvE material. Being able to choose 3 team members instead of 2 actually makes him viable. Combine him with Iceman for near constant stun of high level enemies. Throw in Venom for finishing blows. It takes a few turns to get going, but once you start, the enemy won't have a chance. Throw down a Miles yellow, then an Iceman purple and hope for couple web tiles to turn blue and match. Stun with both red and Iceman blue. Keep the extra blue AP rolling in with Miles yellow. Devour when you have enough black. Or even Hulkbuster instead of Venom for an alternative black and red outlet. Use overdrive and you have 1.5 stuns from Miles, combined with his cheap attacks to double up on the strike tiles.
  • bpcontra wrote:

Not looking at numbers, but it should be pretty easy to cover him *period* as a lvl 1...he maxes at 40. And in theory you don't even need to level him so anyone else can tank for him (on offense).
    - Unreall
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm worried about facing the 1* Venom, Spidey and Miles team in Gauntlet with Venom eating us lol
  • Tatercat
    New 4* Venom has been announced and it is classic Eddie Brock version. None of his powers lay down web tiles, so he's not likely to be paired with Miles here like 1* can. Not sure how they'll play off each other yet in versus situation.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    New 4* Venom has been announced and it is classic Eddie Brock version. None of his powers lay down web tiles, so he's not likely to be paired with Miles here like 1* can. Not sure how they'll play off each other yet in versus situation.
    Miles should be weaker against Venom because of his web tiles counting as special tiles for Venom's green. Honestly, both of these new characters don't appear to be worth fighting for, unless Venom does crazy damage. Both are too situational.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we are all struggling as his yellow and purple are actually at odds. Yellow wants your tiles destroyed, purple wants as many as possible on the board.

Since PvP is my main focus He won't enter top 5 so the next question does he make a top 5 better?

IMHB. He gives you 2 off color actives and accelerates IMHB, but his yellow isn't worth giving up JG's green so pass. 5/5/3 would be best build

JG--3/5/5 would probably be the best build. He could accelerate her purple and his red would chip away, but he isn't as big as IMHB

Cyc--5/5/3. They really clash colors but you could position Cyc so Purple is generated which accelerates and creates web tiles to feed both guys, but not sure I wouldn't just go with Rulk

RH--4/4/5 probably works best here since you don't need blue. This would be an annoying team as Rulk's red could trigger web tile matches and would give you an outlet for yellow and red.

Ice-man--not sure on best build here as miles purple does dmg but IM's sets up green. So 3/5/5 or 5/5/3 but probably 3/5/5 since yellow could accelerate

As I see it. I'm probably going to go 5/3/5 or 4/4/5 the more I think about it. I don't see myself running IM with him and accelerating IMHB isn't a big deal. I think Miles red is cheap enough you don't need the red acceleration and purple at 5 does drop it 1AP.

4/4/5 vs 5/3/5

Faster red at cost of purple speed and dmg. When in doubt go dmg
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    If yellow would give some AP back immediately it would be more interesting, as is, I think 5/3/5 is the superior build.

I like him, he is not top 5 but he seems fun to play, and this game seriously needs fun now...
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Initial impressions from on paper stats:

Purple:
    Good. Invis tiles are great for non-pvp play and they can certainly slow down a match in pvp. This skill spams a LOT of web tiles on the board and has potential to deal decent spike damage when combined with yellow. This is a lot like Faptain's red+yellow but trading damage for versatility. It deals 9991 damage which isn't a lot for 14 purple+8 yellow but both the invis tile and promise of future AP generation are nice kickers.

Yellow:
    Weak. This skill is completely worthless until 4 covers and even then I think 5 is a must to try and justify the cost. 8 AP seems high regardless because of the time it'll take to match those web tiles assuming they aren't destroyed by board clear. The fact that 4* and 5* tier MPQ lacks good yellow spenders is the only reason this skill can be used. Most team compositions lack a good yellow spender these days unless it's OML or 4* Cyke.

Red:
    Terrible. I think this skill makes sense on what a 6AP skill should be capable of doing but the end result is just too weak. Health pools are too bloated in 4* and 5* tier for this skill to be useful. Even non-true healing 3* characters can largely shrug it off. IMO this skill needs to do one of the following:
    A) Stun the entire enemy team and deal 3274 damage
    B) Stun one character for 2 turns and deal 3800 damage
    C) Stun one character for 1 turn and deal 3000 damage + 300 damage for each web tile

Initial Build:
    5/5/3 or 5/3/5. Tough call. The thing with 14 purple + 8 yellow is that the AP investment makes this skill a finisher. Meaning you might not get much advantage out of the yellow AP gain benefits. If that's actually how the character plays out then 3 yellow is sufficient. On the other hand the best strategy could be to fire yellow ASAP and try to benefit from the AP gain over time. The red is best for it's stun. At 3 red you'll only fire it out of desperation to setup and alpha strike against someone like Rulk. At 5 red you won't feel bad using the skill more regularly.

Overall:
    Lower mid-tier. I want to love this character because I'm a BIG fan of bringing back the web tile mechanic to the end game. This character just doesn't seem fast enough or deadly enough to make a real impact on pvp. He's got some great defensive support skills but none of them really push the limits. Since offense is greater than defense in MPQ you really need to push the numbers on this type of character to make them viable.

When it comes down to it 4* Cyke is a better example of being an AP battery while dealing high damage and The Thing is a better example of defensive support. Miles acts a combination of these two characters but feels like he does both roles too poorly. He's probably just below Nick Fury in terms of rank but above the truly bad characters.

In PvE he strikes me as a fun addition to the game. Invis tiles can be great for those tough matches and having access to a stun is useful when preparing for an alpha strike. On a causal front he should be able to trigger Venom's Devour skill easily. Miles/SW/Venom vs that boosted solo hulk pve node? yes please, lol.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    This is the fix for 3* Spiderman if you are looking for it.

When web tiles are on the board, change one of his abilities (probably his stun) to do damage (to stunned characters).
      All Tied Up - Blue 5 bluetile.png
      Spider-Man slings webs, stunning the enemy for 1 turn. He then adds a Yellow Web tile to the board.
        Level 2: +1 turn of stun if 3 Web tiles exist Level 3: +1 turn of stun if 2 Web tiles exist Level 4: +1 turn of stun if 1 Web tile exists Level 5: +1 or +2 turns of stun when 1 or 2 Web tiles exist.

If any of the enemies are stunned, this ability becomes...
        Nowhere to Go - Blue 5 bluetile.png
        Spider-Man swings in for an attack on his enemy, dealing X damage to all stunned enemies. He then adds a Yellow Web tile to the board.
          Level 2: +X damage if 3 Web tiles exist Level 3: +X damage if 2 Web tiles exist Level 4: +X damage if 1 Web tile exists Level 5: +X damage if 1 Web tile exists or +Y damage when more Web tiles exist.

Changing web bandages to:
          Web Bandages - Yellow 12 yellowtile.png
          Spider-Man webs makeshift slings, healing his team for 142. If 3 or more Web tiles exist he heals his team for an additional 149.
            Level 2: Increases base healing to 199. Level 3: Increases base healing to 256. Level 4: Increases base healing to 312. Level 5: Increases base healing to 369.
          Max level 141 5/5: Heals for 2314 with an additional 934 with 3 Web tiles.

I would also add the following:
            Web Shielding - Purple PASSIVE
            Spider-Man's senses tingle and he moves to protect his team. If there aren't any friendly Purple Protect tiles, he creates one and adds a yellow Web tile to the board when his team matches a Purple tile or a web tile. New Protect tile Strength is based on the number of Web tiles in play.
              Level 2: Creates up to 2 Purple Protect tiles. Level 3: Increases base Protect Strength by 25% Level 4: Creates up to 3 Purple Protect tiles and buffs a random protect tile by 10% if 3 or more Web tiles exist. Level 5: Increases base Protect Strength by 25%, buffs a random protect tile by 15% if 3 or more Web tiles exist.
            Max Level 141 5/5: 104/133/163/193 Protect tiles depending on Web tiles on board.

I just fixed 3* Spidey. You are welcome.

Edit:

What's with max level 141? Can we fix that in the 3* post?
          • OzarkBoatswain
            OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
            Worst 4* apart from Devil Dino in my opinion.