**** Miles Morales (Spider-Man) ****

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    I'm thinking more 5/3/5. The yellow is a passive and the active just creates more web tiles. Rather max is other two damage abilities
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I'm thinking 4/4/5 or 3/5/5. The tile bonus dmg is the same across all levels and red will be a nightmare at 5. Yellow needs at least 4 otherwise its worthless. It will come down to how important free blue is to you over the purple dmg

Yellow at 3, you're only losing the 1 red ap on each web tile matched and less web tiles created. How often are these matched? I would not go chasing yellow just to create web tiles. Purple is better because you collect and double cast it (14 AP). Create web tiles first, then deal 7.5k.

edit: actually I'm i reading purple wrong? At 5, does Hid & Seek create any web tiles? Or is the creation tiled to Surprise? The alternate Surprise is when there's an invisible tile?

First use makes you invisible and web tiles. Second use unloads dmg no web tiles
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know, the more I read it, the more it sounds like the first cast (Hide & Seek) only creates the invisible tile. It's the second cast (Surprise) is what creates the web tiles. Then depending if the invisible tile is still out, or not, you get the extra bonus damage.
  • LovelyMagickUnicorn
    LovelyMagickUnicorn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Pongie wrote:
    I don't know, the more I read it, the more it sounds like the first cast (Hide & Seek) only creates the invisible tile. It's the second cast (Surprise) is what creates the web tiles. Then depending if the invisible tile is still out, or not, you get the extra bonus damage.

Well let's take a look shall we...
    IceIX wrote:
      Hide & Seek - 7 purpletile.png AP
      Miles Morales vanishes into the environment, his amazing spider-powers camouflaging him. Creates a Purple Invisibility tile targeting Miles Morales.

This power becomes Surprise!
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Also creates 1 Web tile.
      Surprise! deals bonus damage for each Web tile on the board.
      Level 3: Creates 2 Web tiles.
      Level 4: Creates 4 Web tiles. Surprise! deals additional damage.
      Level 5: Hide & Seek costs 1 AP less and creates 5 Web tiles. Surprise! deals additional damage.
        ALT: Surprise! - 8 purpletile.png AP
        Spider-Man takes advantage of his foe's confusion and swings into battle! Deal 1005 damage. Remove any friendly Hide & Seek Invisibility tiles.

This power becomes Hide & Seek.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: 1005 damage / 274 for each Web tile. Level 3: No upgrade Level 4: 1654 damage / 274 for each Web tile. Level 5: 2576 damage / 274 for each Web tile.
        Max Level
          Level 3: 1991 damage / 543 for each Web tile. Level 4: 3276 damage / 543 for each Web tile. Level 5: 5104 damage / 543 for each Web tile.

First we have the description for Hide & Seek, letting us know the basic information. At the bottom it states; This power becomes Surprise!, which simply states that the power changes. Other powers that change might do this as well, but in this case I think it's done slightly differently. Anyway, following that statement we are given the improvements that are given to Hide & Seek with each additional cover, which starting at two covers we start generating Web tiles.

I think that pretty much tells you all you need to know, and if not just consider the fact that Surprise! deals damage, and none of the upgrades which include damage increases mentions any web tile generation.
      • AaronTheLuigi
        AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
        His Purple changes on each ability cast, right? i.e. If you activate Hide & Seek and lose the Invisibility tile the skill is still Surprise! until it is cast again? Or does the ability revert to Hide & Seek once the Invisibility tile leaves the board?
      • notamutant
        notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
        His Purple changes on each ability cast, right? i.e. If you activate Hide & Seek and lose the Invisibility tile the skill is still Surprise! until it is cast again? Or does the ability revert to Hide & Seek once the Invisibility tile leaves the board?

No, the tile itself causes ability change, not casting of the skill.
      • OnesOwnGrief
        OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
        5/5/3 pending... That's the build I'm going with depending on how he synergizes.
      • OnesOwnGrief
        OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
        Take note that web tiles are created during Hide & Seek. Surprise does NOT clear web tiles. All matching web tiles feed Miles AP, if this counts on line clears from match fours, even better. He's gonna be a pain with actual support character and another 4* web tile character.
      • Katai
        Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
        I'm leaning 5/4/4 only because I can't figure out what to do with the blue AP. I guess you can feed 4Thor? So many blues in this tier are passive, so the blue AP is nearly useless.
      • ScrawL
        ScrawL Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
        colwag wrote:
        7 AP for 4 Web Tiles?

Venom's gonna have some snacks with Miles' help, that's for sure...
        And 5 web tiles for only 6 AP at max power level
      • Azoth658
        Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
        This is a definite 4/4/5 for me. The web tiles and AP generation even if the enemy matches is awesome.

For those hard PVE nodes matching Miles with Venom could really save the day although that would gear me more towards a 5/4/4 build to really get the web tiles that little bit faster. Hmm decisions...
      • Sandwichboy
        Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
        5/5/3 for sure. Red doesn't do nearly enough damage to be all that useful even with the low cost, but the synergy of filling the board with web tiles and getting constantly fed red, purple and blue ap...yeah, he's gonna be Iceman's new best friend. Though I'd be very interested to see how he pairs with a mostly covered Surfer.
      • Malcrof
        Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
        On the web tile matching for AP, is it each tile, or each match... like other abilities, if you match 2 in the same 3 match, you only get 1 (doc oc for example) , is this going to be the same way?
      • Wobby
        Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
        Malcrof wrote:
        On the web tile matching for AP, is it each tile, or each match... like other abilities, if you match 2 in the same 3 match, you only get 1 (doc oc for example) , is this going to be the same way?

It shouldn't be like Doc Ock.
        Whenever you make a match that includes enemy special tiles, add a Black Attack tile to the board of strength 27.

His ability doesn't talk about how many tiles you match, just the match itself.
      • Who are you guys trying to fool? You're not gonna use him, you gonna keep using your Jean HB 4cyke Rulk Thing XDP KP Carnage Iceman and maybe even Thoress Fury WXF Antman Falcap X-23 and bench Miles together with IW SL Elektra Reed CHulk GR.
      • simonsez
        simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
        ShionSinX wrote:
        Who are you guys trying to fool? You're not gonna use him, you gonna keep using your Jean HB 4cyke Rulk Thing XDP KP Carnage Iceman and maybe even Thoress Fury WXF Antman Falcap X-23 and bench Miles together with IW SL Elektra Reed CHulk GR.
        Exactly. The "best" build is just whatever 13 covers you get first.
      • GrumpySmurf1002
        GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
        ShionSinX wrote:
        Who are you guys trying to fool? You're not gonna use him, you gonna keep using your Jean HB 4cyke Rulk Thing XDP KP Carnage Iceman and maybe even Thoress Fury WXF Antman Falcap X-23 and bench Miles together with IW SL Elektra Reed CHulk GR.

For PvP sure, he's (probably) got no place. He looks like he'll be a pretty good 3rd wheel battery for other things though.
      • Blahahah
        Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
        ShionSinX wrote:

Actually, there is a team I had him imagined on, but I agree its hard to rationalize giving him a spot when Jean exists
      • Azoth658
        Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
        ShionSinX wrote:

Maybe for PVP but in PVE where you want to gen AP as quick as possible Miles could be a very strong addition to the roster.

But your right in that PVP teams always stay the same until a new ridiculous character comes in or one creates a new epic combination team.
      • simonsez
        simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
        For PvP sure, he's (probably) got no place. He looks like he'll be a pretty good 3rd wheel battery for other things though.
        As purple/red batteries go, he looks really slow to me, compared to ones we already have.
      • elusive
        elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
        Does his art look... off to any of you? I think it's the proportions. Maybe the legs. And is it bad that I tend to judge the characters on artwork more than abilities?