**** Miles Morales (Spider-Man) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in Character Details
Miles Morales (Spider-Man) icon_miles.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 13934 Tile Damage: 73/64/11/82/11/10/4.0x
    Hide & Seek - 7 purpletile.png AP
    Miles Morales vanishes into the environment, his amazing spider-powers camouflaging him. Creates a Purple Invisibility tile targeting Miles Morales.

This power becomes Surprise!
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Also creates 1 Web tile.
    Surprise! deals bonus damage for each Web tile on the board.
    Level 3: Creates 2 Web tiles.
    Level 4: Creates 4 Web tiles. Surprise! deals additional damage.
    Level 5: Hide & Seek costs 1 AP less and creates 5 Web tiles. Surprise! deals additional damage.
      ALT: Surprise! - 8 purpletile.png AP
      Spider-Man takes advantage of his foe's confusion and swings into battle! Deal 1005 damage. Remove any friendly Hide & Seek Invisibility tiles.

This power becomes Hide & Seek.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: 1005 damage / 274 for each Web tile. Level 3: No upgrade Level 4: 1654 damage / 274 for each Web tile. Level 5: 2576 damage / 274 for each Web tile.
      Max Level
        Level 3: 1991 damage / 543 for each Web tile. Level 4: 3276 damage / 543 for each Web tile. Level 5: 5104 damage / 543 for each Web tile.

Power & Responsibility - 8 yellowtile.png AP
      Spider-Man leaps into action, using his webs to save innocent bystanders, their gratitude inspiring him to get back into the fight. Creates 1 Web tile.

(PASSIVE) Whenever a Web tile is matched, gain 1 Purple AP.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Creates 2 Web tiles. Level 3: Creates 3 Web tiles. Level 4: Creates 4 Web tiles. When a Web tile is matched, gain 1 Purple and Red AP. Level 5: When a Web tile is matched, gain 1 Purple, Blue, and Red AP.
      Venom Blast - 6 redtile.png AP
      Spider-Man backflips over his enemy, tagging them and delivering a Venom Blast from his fingertips. Stuns the target for 1 turn.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Stuns the target for 1 turn and deals 201 damage. Level 3: Stuns the target for 1 turn and deals 448 damage. Level 4: Stuns the target for 1 turn and deals 850 damage. Level 5: Stuns the target for 1 turn and deals 1654 damage.
      Max Level
        Level 3: Stuns the target for 1 turn and deals 886 damage. Level 4: Stuns the target for 1 turn and deals 1682 damage. Level 5: Stuns the target for 1 turn and deals 3274 damage.

Older speculation thread here.

Comments

• 7 AP for 4 Web Tiles?

Venom's gonna have some snacks with Miles' help, that's for sure...
      • Huatimus
        Huatimus Posts: 115

So just to clarify, whenever a Web tile is matched whether friendly/enemy team?
      • IceIX wrote:
        Level 3: No upgrade

Huh?
      • star29fish
        star29fish Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
        Deadpooool wrote:
        IceIX wrote:

Huh?

Meaning they are making you put 4-5 covers in it.
      • Unknown
        edited December 2015
        Don't really get what roll he fits. His nuke needs 22 ap to do high damage. His red is only a 1-turn stun at best with minimal damage. His yellow is only 4 web tiles for 8AP that could be generated anywhere, and gives blue, not yellow, at max.

Underwhelming, once again.
      • IceIX
        Huatimus wrote:

So just to clarify, whenever a Web tile is matched whether friendly/enemy team?
        Either team.
      • IceIX
        star29fish wrote:
        Deadpooool wrote:
        IceIX wrote:

Huh?

Meaning they are making you put 4-5 covers in it.
        Hide & Seek gets an upgrade at Level 3, but Surprise which is attached to it does not. So there is still an upgrade for that level, but it's for the main power, not the alt.
      • Stax the Foyer
        Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
        colwag wrote:
        7 AP for 4 Web Tiles?

Venom's gonna have some snacks with Miles' help, that's for sure...

Does Venom's Devour TU instakill with sufficient web tiles on the board?
      • eidehua
        eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
        I'm thinking this is pretty cool spiral out of control style character, abilities feel kind of similar to 4thor where you wanted to build up charged tiles and do a lot more dmg with red and refuel your skills. It's a lot safer than charged tiles too, since either enemy or ally match will net you that extra AP. I think if that last yellow upgrade rewarded yellow and not blue it would be rediculous, but as it stands its still pretty good. Seems like you only need to focus on yellow matches. So he is also a slow build up character like 4thor, maybe not as good as pre-nerf 4thor but better than 4thor now and seems to be in a good spot. As in not top tier, but solid.
      • For me, optimal build seems to be 5/3/5. I like how his redflag.png is like Gamora's but with a stun attached to it
      • NRG521
        NRG521 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
        Seems like 355. Skip the nuke and use purple to hide from damage throughout the match while accelerating ap with yellow and spamming for decent damage and stun with red. I see him as a frustratingly durable support character in that regard. Maybe 445.
      • notamutant
        notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
        This is a tough character to choose best build. My feelings revolve around the overabundance of purple users and lack of yellow actives that are good. I think on defense the optimal offense build will be bad. I say go 3/5/5. Team him up with Jean Grey or Iceman. With Iceman, you can end up stunning everyone. You can use MM's purple as a combo move for ap creation and invisibility and not attack. Save red right before an enemy gets off a big move.
      • I would go either 3/5/5 or 4/4/5. His red has a decent AP to damage ratio at 545.
      • Phaserhawk
        Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
        I'm thinking 4/4/5 or 3/5/5. The tile bonus dmg is the same across all levels and red will be a nightmare at 5. Yellow needs at least 4 otherwise its worthless. It will come down to how important free blue is to you over the purple dmg
      • Jonny1Punch
        Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
        Personally I'm very dissappointed.

Appears to be another highly underwhelming 4* below the power tier we need to have right now. Unless 4* are permanently buffed soon I'm putting him in the junk bin with totally terrible hulk. Don't mean to be negative but PVP is already saturated with 5* monsters and far superior 4*.

We need each new character to be either really fun to play as or serving a purpose in the competetive meta somehow. This guy is neither based on 1st impressions : (
      • Pongie
        Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
        edited December 2015
        I'm thinking more 5/3/5. The yellow is a passive and the active just creates more web tiles. Rather max is other two damage abilities
        Phaserhawk wrote:
        I'm thinking 4/4/5 or 3/5/5. The tile bonus dmg is the same across all levels and red will be a nightmare at 5. Yellow needs at least 4 otherwise its worthless. It will come down to how important free blue is to you over the purple dmg

Yellow at 3, you're only losing the 1 red ap on each web tile matched and less web tiles created. How often are these matched? I would not go chasing yellow just to create web tiles. Purple is better because you collect and double cast it (14 AP). Create web tiles first, then deal 7.5k.

edit: actually I'm i reading purple wrong? At 5, does Hid & Seek create any web tiles? Or is the creation tiled to Surprise? The alternate Surprise is when there's an invisible tile?
      • Ram51
        Ram51 Posts: 117
        How about 5/5/3 and pair Miles with Hulkbuster?
      • GuntherBlobel
        GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
        I like the little buff this adds to Spider-Man (Classic) when playing the two together. Lvl 5 Power & Responsibility seems to be made to go along with All Tied Up for a stun-lock team. A nice replacement for Web Bandages, for sure.
      • Pongie
        Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
        Ram51 wrote:
        How about 5/5/3 and pair Miles with Hulkbuster?

Then on defense the AI will hardly save the red ap for hulkbuster
      • Phaserhawk
        Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
        Pongie wrote:
        I'm thinking more 5/3/5. The yellow is a passive and the active just creates more web tiles. Rather max is other two damage abilities
        Phaserhawk wrote:

Yellow at 3, you're only losing the 1 red ap on each web tile matched and less web tiles created. How often are these matched? I would not go chasing yellow just to create web tiles. Purple is better because you collect and double cast it (14 AP). Create web tiles first, then deal 7.5k.

hmmm. I see your point. You could go purple battery. In DDQ4* I agree 5/3/5 best build. A 5/5/3 build would make him strong with IMHB or Cyclops but a 3/5/5 or 4/4/5 makes him better with JG, ICe or Red Hulk. Those are the top 5 4*'s so it would be preferance