Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• mechgouki wrote:
    @Toxic

I wouldn't add Rag to that list.

Can you remember the Hulk events with him at 230? Because I won't be forgetting how he was before the nerf any time soon. I still get nightmares....

No, I meant players could use THEIR Rags to trivialize matches against Heroic enemies. The events were before the nerf that made him sub-par.
  • IceIX wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    Selective moderation for the win. Yay.
    Have to start somewhere. I've got quite a moderation queue to work through.

That's an understatement. Hehe. Good luck sir.
  • Hey, just noticed something that may be somewhat helpful.

I'm grinding the first match over and over to see if it ever gets to 0, so far 4 matches at 1 and still offering 1 point, so dedicated grinders (or people w/jrpg backgrounds) could place ok I think.

Also, my enemies levels are fluctuating. They started at 17, then jumped to 28, now down to 21.

For those against 230 enemies, just keep checking, maybe they'll go down for you too.

Trust me. Grinding 1 pointers is a BAD idea and you WILL regret it.

Oh I know, I just want to see IF it's possible. I got to thinking about it, and I'm not sure I even want a DD (aside from being a collector). He seems to only be moderately useful in PvP and only then against teams who don't have a lot of tile destruction methods.
    He's also useless against anyone that makes strike tiles/protect tiles/etc. of the same color as his traps, as they will just override the trap.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    OMG ICE9 IS PAYING ATTENTION TO ME!!!! 0_0!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imma laugh when he ends up giving you a timeout :p
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    I am still looking in the eyes of those lvl 230s soldiers and pyro of the starting mission, them staring back with malevolence.

Wondering if I should try at all, or bother. How sad.
    Checking into this, that shouldn't happen and didn't in testing. Definite bug.
  • Has anyone tried retreating multiple times to lower the enemy levels?

I wiped on the 3 rd level three times, used 8 health pack(3 from daily). The level does not seem to go down from wiping.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    I am still looking in the eyes of those lvl 230s soldiers and pyro of the starting mission, them staring back with malevolence.

i was about to say i was staring down some 201's or something to that effect myself but i just went into my processes, forced MPQ to stop and restarted the game looking at 55's now. hopefully that info helps someone else.
    Im on android ver 4.2 if that matters to anyone.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    IceIX wrote:
    Il Palazzo wrote:

I'm glad to have at least the acknowledgement that this shouldn't be happening. I think the scaling is broken and is a bug.

Do you know if there will be a patch soon?
  • Only 2 missions in and already getting enemies I can't beat. Simply not enough damage dealing options.
    By the time I have enough AP to set off a power that helps everyone is basically dead.
    Was looking forward to this event but I just don't feel like grinding 10 minutes per match only to have the next match get exponentially more difficult.
    It's a shame too as those progression rewards looked sweet.
  • It's the weekend. There will be no patch, unless they can make a change on the backend.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordWill wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Il Palazzo wrote:

I'm glad to have at least the acknowledgement that this shouldn't be happening. I think the scaling is broken and is a bug.

Do you know if there will be a patch soon?

Of course there will be a patch. but it will be funbalancing Spidey
  • Hey IceIX, why is the roster for this event so limited? You guys managed to lock out a significant portion of your population from playing this at all.
  • Oh I know, I just want to see IF it's possible. I got to thinking about it, and I'm not sure I even want a DD (aside from being a collector). He seems to only be moderately useful in PvP and only then against teams who don't have a lot of tile destruction methods.
    Don't destroy tiles and don't place strike tiles, particularly on red. So, you know, everyone anyone uses.
  • Oh Yes!!!! now i got chance to earn xforce wolverine without getting to the 1st spot... Thanks Dev and IceX xD
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Derethus wrote:
    Hey IceIX, why is the roster for this event so limited? You guys managed to lock out a significant portion of your population from playing this at all.

Promote diversity by rewarding people with diverse rosters and encouraging players to try different characters, I'm sure. All of the heroics have been like this.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Oh I know, I just want to see IF it's possible. I got to thinking about it, and I'm not sure I even want a DD (aside from being a collector). He seems to only be moderately useful in PvP and only then against teams who don't have a lot of tile destruction methods.
    Don't destroy tiles and don't place strike tiles, particularly on red. So, you know, everyone anyone uses.

Captain America or other tile destroyer/denier probably the best counter toward DD matching tile skill... Time for the star to shine icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Well I am a tad disappointed. I really wanted to play this weekend. I put a lot into the last tourney and was looking forward to fun gaming. Oh well.

I hope they can figure this out soon.
  • I can't even beat the second level still and the soldiers and Daken have gone down from 117 to 80 (but their health was still around the 5000 mark) and I still got floor wiped. icon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe if I wait until 1.5 hours before finishing time net week they'll be down to a point at which my weaker heroes stand a chance at one or two more victories, but I'll see. icon_neutral.gif
  • Derethus wrote:
    Hey IceIX, why is the roster for this event so limited? You guys managed to lock out a significant portion of your population from playing this at all.

It was the same way for previous Heroic events. I'm assuming it was to increase the challenge and encourage players to try new characters.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:

They look so mad. I'm just pretending not to see them at this point. Keeping a low profile.