Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    200, 1-50 win 1 daredevil cover, prog rewards have also lots of goodies.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Hi, sorry for asking. Too many pages to check.

What is the size of each bracket in Heroic mode?

Just curious. Considering if should take part....
    Bracket size is 200
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Hi, sorry for asking. Too many pages to check.

What is the size of each bracket in Heroic mode?

Just curious. Considering if should take part....

The progression awards are worth it, though the actual finishing rewards are ****. (1 Red DD cover, heroic token, or the usual motley of recruit tokens)
    Progression offers a Yellow Storm**, the other two DD covers, some heroic tokens, and the very end is a set of all 3 Wolv**** covers.
    Lots of ISO all over the event though.
  • The progression rewards are great. It's a shame that I'd sooner be able to re-beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja before my decently-leveled roster could have a shot at dealing with the 230 goons, unless I spend 20 minutes getting lucky with blue and using Spiderman's stunlock to whittle everything down bit by bit. I think that, unless the event changes, I might be lucky to hit 200 points? This is assuming I can beat even one mission using the generous heroic HAMMER boost they've provided me with.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I'd sooner be able to re-beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja

so six months, then?

That mode was hard!
  • Omg, that's actually not so bad! 1/4 can get prizes!

Now if only I can get past that first stage.... -_-'
  • bahukma wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I'd sooner be able to re-beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja

so six months, then?

That mode was hard!

Hahah, sounds about right, I broke a keyboard out of frustration on the boss in the Fire Lake (it was the nearest thing I could slam down, since I didn't want to dent something with a 360 controller), given half of MN mode was basically abuse I-frames plus instantly charging up those ultimate attacks, but the other half was putting up with bosses like him that violently giblitize you. Huh, kinda reminds me of these countdown tiles that one-shotted the loaned 77 DD.

Oh, and the fact that after you killed him, if you slipped up on getting across the fire-lake and died, you had to kill him all over again. :T
  • This Heroic Mode is possible -- I'm six-for-six so far with only one character KOed, and no HP-priced boosts used -- IF you have the two 3*s leveled up and skilled up, if you astutely turned down the rather small sale offer on 2* Limpverine, and if you leveled up your Storm Classic or maybe Hawkguy.

Without trying to sound elitist, it's silly for almost anyone who doesn't fit the above to even try, and that locks out a helluva lot of players. This will, obviously, go a long way to soothe the nerves of those who were already screaming about the rich getting richer.
  • I believe they'll come out and say just what they said last event. Oh this isn't what we intended blah blah testing blah blah. In short, suck it up.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    F@#K YOU D3. You completely handicap us in this event, insanely hard champs, only have hard to come by characters with buffs, the one champ that would help OBW is banned, F%CK YOU!!!!!!!

I mean seriously, you have 2 out of the 3 Black Widows in the event, but the one that can help you ban, you guys absolutely suck
    Thanks for breaking multiple forum rules, what with unconstructive posting, avoiding language filters, and direct attacks. Please enjoy some time off from posting.
  • IceIX
    I've been meaning to ask, what exactly was the point of the Worldwide Intel in the Thick As Theives event? I don't recall there being an award like there was in the Hulk event...
    It unlocked the additional missions in the main portion of the event.
  • I haven't played this event yet, but the heroic modes were always meant to be more difficult than a normal PvE event.

The last two were the same way. We just had Rags/Thor/Wolverine and boosts to trivialize them.
  • Selective moderation for the win. Yay.
  • Hey, just noticed something that may be somewhat helpful.

I'm grinding the first match over and over to see if it ever gets to 0, so far 4 matches at 1 and still offering 1 point, so dedicated grinders (or people w/jrpg backgrounds) could place ok I think.

Also, my enemies levels are fluctuating. They started at 17, then jumped to 28, now down to 21.

For those against 230 enemies, just keep checking, maybe they'll go down for you too.
  • @Toxic

I wouldn't add Rag to that list.

Can you remember the Hulk events with him at 230? Because I won't be forgetting how he was before the nerf any time soon. I still get nightmares....

I'm grinding the first match over and over to see if it ever gets to 0, so far 4 matches at 1 and still offering 1 point, so dedicated grinders (or people w/jrpg backgrounds) could place ok I think.

Also, my enemies levels are fluctuating. They started at 17, then jumped to 28, now down to 21.

For those against 230 enemies, just keep checking, maybe they'll go down for you too.

Trust me. Grinding 1 pointers is a BAD idea and you WILL regret it.
  • IceIX
    mechgouki wrote:
    Selective moderation for the win. Yay.
    Have to start somewhere. I've got quite a moderation queue to work through.
  • I am still looking in the eyes of those lvl 230s soldiers and pyro of the starting mission, them staring back with malevolence.

Wondering if I should try at all, or bother. How sad.

Trust me. Grinding 1 pointers is a BAD idea and you WILL regret it.

Oh I know, I just want to see IF it's possible. I got to thinking about it, and I'm not sure I even want a DD (aside from being a collector). He seems to only be moderately useful in PvP and only then against teams who don't have a lot of tile destruction methods.
  • OMG ICE9 IS PAYING ATTENTION TO ME!!!! 0_0!!!!!!!!!!!!