**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Comments

• SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Honestly I think he is one of the few characters that you want a second copy of the obvious 5 blue for winifite and then a 355 as an enhancer. If you are going 5 yellow I don't see why you are going to want 5 blue over 5 purple because if you are causing enough match 5's that 5 blue is worth it then you are destroying a ton of special tiles and likely your invisibility tile fairly often and on the flip sidfe if you are littering the board with the special tiles from yellow it will potentially conflict with however you are generating the cascades. You want 5blue for a board or strategy that is changing offten and 5 purple and 5 yellow for stable boards so I don't see any real benefit in trying to force both to go together. For me 550 for Winfinite and 355 for my real PX. Just my 2c
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Went 5/3/5, tried it out a bit in Oscorp Heroic... No complaints so far...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    There's no GSBW/SW in Oscorp Heroic
  • Quebbster
    simonsez wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    He's doing just fine without them.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

GSBW is a reinforcement in the third sub. Enjoy!
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    If yellow power created tiles when any power was fired, Carnage-style, I would accept arguments for 5 in yellow but since you still need someone else within your team to fire a power to cast yellow then you don't really have any autonomy. Just bring someone else who creates strike/attack tiles and let Prof's purple at 5 improve them fast.
  • Omega Red wrote:
    If yellow power created tiles when any power was fired, Carnage-style, I would accept arguments for 5 in yellow but since you still need someone else within your team to fire a power to cast yellow then you don't really have any autonomy. Just bring someone else who creates strike/attack tiles and let Prof's purple at 5 improve them fast.
    You can even bring a strike/attack tile TU like Mohawk or the ever cheap Punisher (yeah, I know).
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    I REALLY wish they would make one small change and have his purple trigger his yellow. A small change that would make him able to have a DPD vs a wide variety of opponents instead of essentially just Carnage Electra or Patch. It would also make it way more enjoyable for those times where he is the last man standing and you are just buffing a protect tile to infinity and waiting for miracle match 5's and match damage to down the opposition.
  • I'm seeing a problem now where mastermind stops executing after a certain amount of times. I don't have a count yet, but anyone else notice this new bug? My last 4 match 5s in ddq wave 4 did not execute. I do about 10-12 match 5s with each wave 4. I feel like d3 is imposing a limit on this power. We need it back! To be clear, px was not stunned or down.
  • simonsez
    I'm seeing a problem now where mastermind stops executing after a certain amount of times. I don't have a count yet, but anyone else notice this new bug? My last 4 match 5s in ddq wave 4 did not execute. I do about 10-12 match 5s with each wave 4. I feel like d3 is imposing a limit on this power. We need it back! To be clear, px was not stunned or down.
    All passives are broken in wave nodes.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Stanley71
    Stanley71 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Did they raise ProfX blue?
    I use very often PX/GSBW/SW and always purple was strongest color.
    But now PX blue is strongest color icon_rolleyes.gif
    (GSBW and SW are 166 and PX is 200)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like they did. Stealth buff to PX is stealth nerf to Charlie's Angels. If you didn't underlevel your GSBW/SW or don't have a PX dupe, gotta hope to Champion SW or GSBW. My SW and GSBW are 140 and PX is 160. It worked before, but will not now. Luckily, if I take up my SW and GSBW, it'll work again. Or I can just use my PX dupe for less damage.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    They definitely did; My 166 Prof X now does 79 blue damage. I was hoping by keeping him in the back (right) position, GSBW/SWitch's purple would still be top color at 79 damage, but ProfX's blue must have a hidden decimal point above those two and generates blue when his passive goes off.

Not an issue though once I add a few covers to a champion'd GSBW/SWitch; I'm glad I kept ProfX @ 166!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last I'd heard was that character tier comes before team position as a tie-breaker.
  • simonsez
    Last I'd heard was that character tier comes before team position as a tie-breaker.
    That's been broken for a while now. If it's a tie, all of these "strongest color" sorts of abilities are choosing a color randomly. Refer to threads in bugs.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    It looks like 3* and 4* characters have the same tile damages at the same level. So if 3*BW is at level 166, make sure PX is at 165 or less.
  • Quebbster
    Is Professor X worth champing? Mine has 13 covers and is at level 229, so I can max him out for 150K ISO (which I don't have but should be able to get before the cover expires). I got one cover from a heroic token last week, and he's a PvP reward soon, so I should be able to get him to 272 at least with little difficulty. The question is if it is a good idea?
    I do play winfinite on occasion, but I don't really roll Chuck out unless at least one of the girls is boosted. I did have fun doing a winfinite variant in the Gauntlet though where Magneto took the place of Black Widow - he was more than happy to spend the blue AP the Professor generated.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Is Professor X worth champing? Mine has 13 covers and is at level 229, so I can max him out for 150K ISO (which I don't have but should be able to get before the cover expires). I got one cover from a heroic token last week, and he's a PvP reward soon, so I should be able to get him to 272 at least with little difficulty. The question is if it is a good idea?
    I do play winfinite on occasion, but I don't really roll Chuck out unless at least one of the girls is boosted. I did have fun doing a winfinite variant in the Gauntlet though where Magneto took the place of Black Widow - he was more than happy to spend the blue AP the Professor generated.

Depends how you're going to play him, I think. I have him at 146, and am keeping that one for winfinite purposes, but recently started on a dupe that I plan to (very eventually, given I only have six covers so far) champion for purposes of other strategies.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

I have championned him and I like that I did for several reasons. First, he many good builds that you can change depending on what you need. It's also great when he's 270+ because he will probably tank 2 of his colors + TU's, that means his purple becomes really deadly once he goes invisible. One cascade can boost several tiles in one turn.

The damage you can do when he's tanking his colors and with 5 in purple, it becomes easily 4000/5000 a turn and you're taking zero damage yourself. You need a special tile generator of course, Beast/Psylocke/Blade do very well with him.

He's the best at special tile boosting, leaving him underleveled is really a shame because you are gimping him for winfinite icon_e_sad.gif