Regarding PvE Event Issues as a Whole

Options
I've seen a lot of people complain about cheaters, poor scaling, and overall the dissatisfaction with the Thick as Thieves events. I'm making this post to voice my own concerns, set the record straight, and maybe even make a few good points to the people involved with MPQ who read the forums.

I enjoyed Thick as Thieves, in general. While I felt it was a little more difficult than I liked, I believed it should have been. I've not even been playing this game for a month, and that comes to the ultimate point of this post: I shouldn't have done as well as I did.

In the last sub-event (the name of which escapes me), I placed 3rd. In Thick as Thieves overall, I placed #28.

I genuinely do not agree with this having been possible for someone who has

A. Not spent a single HP I bought on packs of any kind (only Roster slots)
B. Not even played a month
C. Not yet reached Level 40 with a single character

Admittedly, I am very good at plotting out Matches in this game (having been a huge fan of the first 2 Puzzle Quest games), so I think with my current Roster Top 100-200 would have been acceptable, considering Bracket sizes seemed to be in the 2000s or so.

The biggest problem, from what I have read here, was the sheer difference in enemy levels that existed from scaling issues. This sort of built on itself, because it meant the only reliable way for many people to compete was repeatedly retreating to bring down levels to a managable fight. That is a horrible way for an event to proceed, a timesink that brings no one any benefit (no one makes money, no players enjoy it), and a very poor option for those who were facing down Level 230 enemies.

I have since been informed that, yes, Invisible Woman can reach Level 230, so it's not a case of enemies factually reaching a level Characters cannot. That doesn't, however, excuse such a massive gap people had to overcome.

Fixing the scaling so all players have fairly balanced enemy levels relative to the characters they are fighting with (not just their roster as a whole) is absolutely necessary. It is the only way to ensure fair competition in PvE Events. Everything else you could fix about them is secondary.

For reference, here's the important parts of my Roster (As of today, IE after rewards):

1/2/4 38 OBW
5/3/5 33 M. Storm
5/5 31 Juggernaut
3/5/5 30 M. Storm (I had way too many covers of her from standard packs)
4/3/3 30 M. Thor (just got recently)
2/2/3 30 C. Storm
0/1/2 28 Patch Wolverine
5/5 25 M. Widow
5/5/3 21 M35 Iron Man

I didn't include my spares/lower than Level 20 characters (Daredevil, etc) or characters with only 1 cover (XForce Wolverine), as I really never used them.

Comments

• Devs please read this post. Especially the bolded parts, read them twice.
  • 100 points for you.

And a moment of silence for your limited days on top. As you get better, you'll rank worse. Because that makes sense.