I got Silver Surfer, now everything is to hard :-(

az98
az98 Posts: 30
edited December 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Im a relatively new player (2 months now) I have 3 maxed out 2* (Storm, Thor, Black Widow) I got lucky and got a Silver Surfer. Now my PVE events are mostly level 120s+ and my pvp events are against full teams of levels 166s 3*s.

I feel ive gotten screwed by getting Silver Surfer. I wish I never got him and instead got a 4*. I dont want to sell him because he is so rare, but my progression has seriously been hindered. The only thing he has enabled me to do now is to complete the Deadpool DQ which I never could do before. Im guess im relegated to slow PvE progression, and doing DDQ, but this really sucks icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    I'd sell him. And I recommend not opening Legendary Tokens until you have a decent roster of 3*s.

Sorry man.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Wow...this REALLY shows how broken the scaling is....a new player is forced to sell a 5* so they can keep playing....LAME!!!!
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I am on my third roster since the game started. This roster was started last year about this time. Max 2 with a good 3* start. I had several 4* and 2 5*. At first with one 5* it seemed okay. After I added second the scaling hit. I dumped both fives and my fours. Rebooted. And back to having fun. If your only two months in be patient. The big shiny stuff will come. Lots of ISO for you means max characters faster. Just my thoughts.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    az98 wrote:
    Im a relatively new player (2 months now) I have 3 maxed out 2* (Storm, Thor, Black Widow) I got lucky and got a Silver Surfer. Now my PVE events are mostly level 120s+ and my pvp events are against full teams of levels 166s 3*s.

Here is how the AI calculates your roster level for pve scaling:

(255+94+94)/3 = 148

Essentials are usually set at 60-80%, or 89-118. Normal nodes are set at 80-120%, or 118-178.

So yes, you're going to have a HARD time clearing nodes if you're relying on 94s. I STRONGLY suggest you sell your SS, because otherwise your roster progression will stall.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    It's understandable that you're excited, but please call your doctor if this condition persists for a few more hours.
  • az98 wrote:

I feel ive gotten screwed by getting Silver Surfer. I wish I never got him and instead got a 4*. I dont want to sell him because he is so rare, but my progression has seriously been hindered. The only thing he has enabled me to do now is to complete the Deadpool DQ which I never could do before. Im guess im relegated to slow PvE progression, and doing DDQ, but this really sucks icon_e_sad.gif

I have the same problem now that I have Old Man Wolverine, Amadeus Cho and Ghost Rider to say the least. The PVP events need to be more balanced based our roster and who we are using. Maybe the program should even have a feature to wait and show our competition after we selected our players for the match. Even before I had those 3, the players I was put up against were double mine sometimes.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep the SS - you will regret selling later. Don't level him, don't play him in your regular PVP and PVE and the scaling will go back to normal. Tip for future - don't open Legendary Tokens yet - your roster is not ready for them. Keep building up the team and good luck.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    az98 wrote:

If it can help, I sold my SS black despite I had a full covered 3 star roster at lev.128.
    Was I wrong? I don't know, but my PVE and PVP had become unaffordable so I sold it and everything turn back to normal, starting from the next pve....Now I'm levelling my roster up...at the moment I am at lev.152.. If I should find a new 5 star, maybe this time I will keep it.....Anyway, in your case, only one cover of a 5 star is pretty useless icon_e_smile.gif