**** Unknown (Coming Soon) **** (Miles Morales)

Comments

• elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    What about Dr. Strange? Color scheme fits. AP generator powers makes mores sense with Strange as does invisibility. Miles can camo but to my knowledge not straight up become invisible. Plus Strange's new series just started and Miles' stand alone series doesn't start till early next year. Not that I would mind Spidey-miles.

They'll probably save Doctor Strange until his movie comes out.

thats a long time to save him
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I agree they will wait until the film is closer for Dr. Strange....I also think he will probably be the next 5* if/when they make more. Hopefully his films, and some others, will mean some new villains too...Klaw from Panther film would be cool.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    The purple kind of reminds me of Ant-Man. And if we learned anything from Ant-Man, it is that 16 AP is way too high of a cost to actually make the damage useful on the invisibility tile. Still, he does have AP generation unlike Ant-Man. You wouldn't want to leave him for last because you could end up being unable to kill him between invisibility and stuns.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like they're trying to remedy that with his passive; even if the board gets to be bereft of purple you can still generate it by matching web(?) tiles.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Miles Morales seems like a decent bet. He can turn invisible and has a stun.

IceIX said in the recent podcast thingy there would be new characters coming and at least one was represented in the All New All Different Avengers.

Iron Man, Thoress, Captain Falcon, Kamala Khan, Sam Alexander (Nova), Miles Morales (Spider Man) and Vision.
    Only two of those aren't already in the game and Nova isn't exactly the stealthy type. Pretty clear it's gonna be Miles.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    No one thinks this is venom? Devour and stun...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It could be Miles and a 4* Peter Parker. Superior, Black Suit, Iron Spider, Big Time, Captain Universe...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Pre-release ability precis:
      Invisibility/Damage - 8 AP - Creates an Invisibility tile and X [Charspecific] tiles. While Invisibility tile is on the board, this ability becomes: Remove Invisibility tile, deal damage + bonus for each [Charspecific] tile.

Tile gen/AP Gain - 7 AP - Creates [Charspecific] tiles. PASSIVE Gain Red/Purple AP when matching a [Charspecific] tile

Damage/Stun - 6 AP - Damage and Stun target opponent

If this is a character that already exists and needs to be fixed...it would be great if you took these skills and simply made the lower level character a Lazy version of this.
    • GreenMachine
      GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
      Has anyone noticed a tweak in the appearance of web & web-locked tile design? If my eyes arent playing tricks on me, then I'd say that's a strong indication this character may be part of the Spidey family.
    • My guess is spiderman, during "the big time" story he developed a stealth suit to help defeat the hobgoblin.
    • 20three
      20three Posts: 371
      Still waiting for Eddie Brock.

I think he was somehow able to turn invisible in the Nintendo 64 game, so it's possible.
    • ScrawL
      ScrawL Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
      If it is Miles Morales, I'm betting he will be Spider Man (Miles Morales), precluding him from being in the same fight with 3* spidey.

Oh, no, that wouldn't/shouldn't be the case at all -- they're completely different characters, and've teamed up in the past (and currently - in Secret Wars)
      Spider-Men_Vol_1_2_Pichelli_Variant_Textless.jpg
      Well idk totally awesome hulk and regular hulk can't be on the same team. It acts like they're the same person just different versions. I'm not sure if it's supposed to because I thought in the interview about totally awesome hulk, they talked about the different hulk teams. Hmm. Any idea?

And as for the new character, you guys are always great at figuring out who it is. I'm thinking you guys are right, Miles Morales is a great guess.
    • So, it most definately is Miles Morales. From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_(Miles_Morales)

He also has two abilities that the original Spider-Man did not have: the ability to camouflage himself, including his clothing, to match his surroundings,[13][29] and an electrical "venom strike" that can paralyze almost anyone with just a touch
    • Jarvind
      Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
      One question I haven't seen come up, which would be huge for how powerful he'll be:

Will he generate red and purple per Probably-Web-Tile matched? Or will it be like Doc Ock's where it generates a set amount per match, regardless of whether you match 1 or 3 Probably-Web-Tiles?
    • Pathmaster
      Pathmaster Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
      While I agree that it is most likely Miles Morales, one other possibility could be Reptile. All new all different Avengers, check. Power set, possible check as they have given this kid the power to take on any dinosaur characteristic.
    • So how long until they announce the character? This thread has been up for almost 2 weeks.

I haven't followed new releases before, but I'm excited at the possibility of Miles.
    • Raffoon
      Raffoon Posts: 884
      I'm guessing Miles too. To those who say Venom: How could you have a Venom without a black ability?
    • ScrawL
      ScrawL Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
      Marvel future fight just released a bunch of spidey-verse characters with Miles right in the front. A lot of time these Marvel games promote certain characters, movies, TV shows, etc. Around the same time I've noticed so that's a good indicator it that it very well could be miles.
    • While the moveset definitely fits miles Morales persona, I can't help but shake when you mention rivalry: red skull, green goblin,shadow king, dormammu, black heart comes to my mind
    • Even sabertooth
    This discussion has been closed.