Hi Everyone -

Just wanted to share a brief update that we moved to a new editor for our forums with the Rich Editor experience (previously WYSIWYG). We believe this will provide a better experience for all forum visitors in the long run. If you are interested in learning more about the new editor, please visit the URL below.

And please let us know if you find any bugs/issues with the new editor by emailing us at [email protected] and we will pass along this feedback to the team.

Thank you!

https://blog.vanillaforums.com/rich-editor-enhancing-your-forum-posting-experience

Speed up matches!

MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
Is there a way to speed up matches? Some of them take incredibly long.. longer than say, a quick step outside break!

Comments

• frymanmanfrymanman Age Unconfirmed Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I agree, overall fights seem to move a little slowly, especially the mana flowing to your cards/planeswalker animation. Just seems to drag the fight out far longer than needed when you have to wait through it every turn.
  • carlito666carlito666 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 69
    Even in real life some matches in mtg takes a lot of time. I have no problem with slow matches.
  • Well at least make the opponent's turn faster because it takes forever for the opponent to switch the tiles.
  • GundamYGundamY Age Unconfirmed Posts: 182
    Malcrof! You're playing Magic the Gathering too? I guessed MPQ has really gone downhill from here...
  • DrDoMeDrDoMe Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Yes, this game is way too slow, and I think the main problem is animation times. In combat, specifically:

-Cards drawn and played pop up on screen too briefly for me to totally grok a new card but way longer than necessary for me to recognize one I already know. Speed this up, since I will probably examine a new card later anyway
    -When three monsters die in combat, each is removed individually. I can see this being necessary for triggers, but it's way too slow when they just need to go away.
    -Same thing happens every time a new creature takes the first spot, each boost triggers in sequence.
    (In both of the above situations, you could perform a check for any trigger complications and if there are none, perform all these animations in parallel.)
    -At the end of a fight, the victory screen hangs around way to long, as does each reward thingy. Your cool art and animations are great, but they don't justify the delay the 50th time.

I also think you should look at gameplay tweaks to speed up play. Right now this is a hack-fest. But even just crisping up the UI speed would help a lot.