** Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) **

Comments

• Now here's the question, would you say Daken has the stronger base strike tile until Wolvie goes past 69? His times used to be twice as strong but now the number of tiles increase almost twice as fast but require red still. At

At 5 green, Daken is still pushing out 2 times per match. That may create a faster start now with certain builds.

Testing the new wolverine, he can fill the board with strike tiles, Daken is faster but wolverine give more damage.

Also i eat my words this new wolverine is viable lucky for my, mine is 5/5/3.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I have my Wolvie also at 5/5/3 so I'm happy, but I will be looking for a Green Thor to hang onto. My Thor is currently 4/5/4 and I always regretted, now I don't regret as much but still want him 3/5/5 and if they respec the way they said, then I'll need another green cover.

For those who don't know, D3 while not 100% sure, was leaning strongly towards having you swap covers. Example, your Thor is 5/5/3 and now you want to build 3/5/5. If you get a red or yellow cover, it will be as it is now, you can bring that into your collection to start a 2nd build or sell, but if you got a green cover it would give you the option to upgrade your green to 4, but you would have to reduce red or yellow down to 4, the sooner this comes the better

How strong did they lean towards a cover exchange solution? I really hope they will make that change soon, although you should always be able to switch your covers. Better yet, the color-coded covers should instead be just "covers", meaning that you just need a single cover to level any ability. Ie, skip the color-coding. That, in combination with a possibility to lower one ability in order to raise another ability, will give the game a much needed flexibility when it comes to building your characters "right" and it also gives people a fair chance to try out the different abilities. Have to rebuild characters completely from scratch is nothing other than complete h*ll.

As for a Wolverine build, I'm very unsure...the healing is much needed and still keeps him alive a lot longer than other characters. I don't want to be forced to always have a heal character in the team, so it's nice that Wolvie can heal himself. Totally agree that they have to skip that "under 50% health" requirement. Why should Wolvie stop healing when he's at half health? Still, the yellow ability is good and I think it needs to be maxed. The green is also good and I think it needs to be maxed, because you need it to hurt as much as possible and you want the strike tiles to be as dangerous as they can ever be. As for the red ability, on level 3 and on max level, it would deal about 2240 damage (if my calculations are correct) which is still quite a lot. I really don't think 2884 damage is necessary. Sure, it's good, but necessary? So I guess I'm leaning towards a 5/3/5 build...but on the other hand, my level 57 Wolvie will give me a much needed boost of 350 hp if I sell him, which is another roster spot, so...maybe sell him after the ongoing Wolvie tournament?
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    I have a Wolverine at 5/3/5 and max lvl.
    Im wondering if its worth rebuilding him at 5/5/3, or...

Could someone tell me the max dmg on 5red max lvl and the max heal at 3yellow max lvl.. Than I would have some numbers to compare ^^
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Wolvie was perfectly reblanced but for 1 thing, the heal on yellow should not have the 50% requirement. I think if you are going to make Wolvie have an active heal, then he should be able to heal anytime you match yellow, then yellow covers will dictate how much health will be recovered per match and it should be made signifcant between covers so as to let the old 5/3/5 people feel good about that build (i lucked out and had a 5/5/3
    or another heal for those 5/3/5

Yellow
    1: Match yellow heal x if below 50% health
    2: Match yellow heal x+y if below 50% helath
    3: Match yellow heal x+y+z if below 50% health
    4: Match yellow heal x+y if below 75% health
    5: Match yellow heal x if below 100% health

or

1: Match yellow heal x if below 25% health
    2: Match yellow heal x if below 33% health
    3: Match yellow heal x if below 50% health
    4: Match yellow heal x if below 75% health

This would fix all of new Wolvie's issues and make all happy
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think Wolvie was perfectly reblanced but for 1 thing, the heal on yellow should not have the 50% requirement. I think if you are going to make Wolvie have an active heal, then he should be able to heal anytime you match yellow, then yellow covers will dictate how much health will be recovered per match and it should be made signifcant between covers so as to let the old 5/3/5 people feel good about that build (i lucked out and had a 5/5/3

Yellow

or

+1
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

Yellow

or

I think the character should always have a firm connection to the comic original, and since Wolverine always heals minor damage instantly and major damage over time, I think it should be something more like this:

Yellow (always active and will always heal you when you match yellow)
    1: Match at least three yellow to heal 5% of max health (100 health if max health is 2000).
    2: Match at least three yellow to heal 10% of max health (200 health if max health is 2000).
    3: Match at least three yellow to heal 15% of max health (300 health if max health is 2000).
    4: Same as level 3, but heals 20% of max health if you match at least four yellow (400 health if max health is 2000).
    5: Same as level 3 and 4, but heals 25% of max health if you match at least five yellow (500 health if max health is 2000).

This is a balanced solution, since the healing still requires yellow to even activate, and the opponent can match yellow himself to deny you getting yellow. This way, you will be able to heal often (like it should be), the healing makes a significant difference but isn't so crazy that it will throw everything off scale.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think he should heal everytime he matches yellow, not when he is below 50%. Something easy like this:

1. Match yellow heal 5% health
    2. Match yellow heal 6% health
    3. Match yellow heal 7% health
    4. Match yellow heal 8% health
    5. Match yellow heal 10% health

This is very easy to undestand and you get a bonus if you have 5 yellow.
  • Phaserhawk
    edited February 2014
    Daige wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Yellow

or

I think the character should always have a firm connection to the comic original, and since Wolverine always heals minor damage instantly and major damage over time, I think it should be something more like this:

Yellow (always active and will always heal you when you match yellow)
    1: Match at least three yellow to heal 5% of max health (100 health if max health is 2000).
    2: Match at least three yellow to heal 10% of max health (200 health if max health is 2000).
    3: Match at least three yellow to heal 15% of max health (300 health if max health is 2000).
    4: Same as level 3, but heals 20% of max health if you match at least four yellow (400 health if max health is 2000).
    5: Same as level 3 and 4, but heals 25% of max health if you match at least five yellow (500 health if max health is 2000).

This is a balanced solution, since the healing still requires yellow to even activate, and the opponent can match yellow himself to deny you getting yellow. This way, you will be able to heal often (like it should be), the healing makes a significant difference but isn't so crazy that it will throw everything off scale.

That's not bad either, we have similiar thinking. The plus to mine is you can heal easier, but the plus to yours is when you heal you heal for more.
  • Phaserhawk
    Polares wrote:
    I think he should heal everytime he matches yellow, not when he is below 50%. Something easy like this:

1. Match yellow heal 5% health
    2. Match yellow heal 6% health
    3. Match yellow heal 7% health
    4. Match yellow heal 8% health
    5. Match yellow heal 10% health

This is very easy to undestand and you get a bonus if you have 5 yellow.

I like your thought, but that seems a bit underwhelming, my thought was to make 5/3/5 viable again hec even 3/5/5 as you could be a heal tank that charges red, instead of the pretty much mandatory 5/5/3 after nerf. IMO you should want to have 5 in ever color, and have to choose what fits your play style, not a mandatory, like Ares, love the guy but 4/4/5 is the only optimal build, as with Wolvie 2.0 5/5/3 is the opitmal build, but why can't 5/3/5 be good as well, the only way is to have bigger changes than you are suggesting
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    2 Star Rarity (Uncommon)

Feral Claws - 7 Green AP
    Wolverine's rage builds. He deals 31 damage and adds 1 Red Strike tile plus 1 for every 5 Red AP you have.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.

Adamantium Slash - Red 14 AP
    Wolverine rips the enemy to shreds, dealing 250 damage.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.

Healing Factor - Yellow Passive
    (PASSIVE) Every turn there are 10 or more Yellow tiles, Wolverine's healing factor restores 21 health.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Requires 9 or more Yellow tiles.
    Level 3: Requires 8 or more Yellow tiles.
    Level 4: Recovers 5 health if there are fewer than 8 Yellow tiles.
    Level 5: Recovers 21 health in all circumstances.

This post needs updating. Can someone fix it?
  • My Wolverine is at 2/3/3 and I just got another red cover, and I was wondering what the optimal build is/if I should use the cover?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Wolverine is at 2/3/3 and I just got another red cover, and I was wondering what the optimal build is/if I should use the cover?

I think hivemind has decided on 5/5/3: yellow isn't as consistent anymore since its only for below 50% hp, and red/green offers a significant amount of damage with each level.
  • Phaserhawk
    My Wolverine is at 2/3/3 and I just got another red cover, and I was wondering what the optimal build is/if I should use the cover?

yeah. 5/5/3 is pretty much the only way. before 5/3/5 was best but 5/5/3 was still viable if you played the board right, but now, 5/5/3 is it.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    My Wolverine is 4/4/4. What should my last cover be? I'm most likely going to get one of each from the current Lone Star Skirmish.

I don't care enough to even consider starting over to build a 5/5/3.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    My Wolverine is 4/4/4. What should my last cover be? I'm most likely going to get one of each from the current Lone Star Skirmish.

Respec is coming out (hopefully monday), so you can rebuild a 5/5/3.
  • vudu3 wrote:

As for now, go for 5/4/4 if you get the green cover, but 4/5/4 is also okay. And as already pointed out, we will soon get the chance to modify our characters so hold out (it requires that your character is maxed out with 13 covers, and then next you get a cover that you want to use, you can do that is you agree to lower another ability one step, which is actually great).
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    That's great news because I also screwed up my Iron Man (M35). Thanks for the help!
  • vudu3 wrote:
    That's great news because I also screwed up my Iron Man (M35). Thanks for the help!

I'm rebuilding both IM 35 and Modern Storm for the THIRD time (they're soon complete). Yeah, I've lost a LOT of iso because of this.

I'm also rebuilding Wolverine and Thor, but for those I got a hefty payback: 22000 iso and 675 hero points (combined, that is...and it was some time after the nerf, as compensation).
  • I currently have a 3/3/3 wolvie with two yellow cards. Should I use them and wait for the repec abiltity or just sell and hold out until I can build a 5/5/3?
  • I currently have a 3/3/3 wolvie with two yellow cards. Should I use them and wait for the repec abiltity or just sell and hold out until I can build a 5/5/3?

The only reason I can see NOT to use the covers is if you have no plan to use the character or level him up until you get the 5/5/3 covers. In that case, you'd be better off selling the two yellows for the minimal ISO and letting him collect dust until you're ready to use him. Since that's a pretty specific scenario and only costs you a couple hundred ISO, I'd say use them!