So do others think the PvE that finished was broken?

Options
I don't usually play much of the pvp events, here and there just to grab some of the low end prizes.
Not to say those aren't acting a bit broken too but since that last update the PvE became broken for me.
Typically I finish in the top 10 to top 30 with occasional top 50 when I sleep in lol.
My best guys i think are normally suited enough to win. Highest being being im40 lvl 97 then spidey@85
Thor 85, mag now 85, blah blah blah. My characters worked well together. Have lots at max skill lvls and some
i am still lvling.
Now the only time I needed boosts were during missions lvl 200 plus. Certain pve characters I could take at higher
lvls without boosts.
Once that update came out for whatever reason (never mind pricy boosts) all missions went to 200 and up. Most of which were 230. Now I didn't play the whole cycle thing every 8 hours. I had my own strategy that worked really well and didn't require tanking either( Btw I tried tanking lots to no effect) . But once that update happened, it was like stuck at those broken lvls. Every new sub and every cycle changed nothing and I wasn't about to uses boosts for every single fight.
So I completely fell apart in th pve. But meanwhile new players that had 1 or 2 star rosters jumped in super late in the event with a mixed bag of guys that ranged from lvl 20 to 50 one star or 2 star(mostly 1 stars) finished in top 10. Some looked like they even made top 3. How does that work for the guys that play and work hard and build up guys when noobs come in and get cake walk pve missions with mad points and win a tournament that basically screwed over so many people with better teams.
The scaling of these pve missions were gross. Seems like a broken system. Broken is more of a light term. Needs a bigger
word like a no fun screw you kind of system.

I understand the devs are working to make it "funbalanced" and with all honesty thorvine was a bit broken lol but come on.
The entire event became broken for most half way through. I went from jumping around 8 to 16th place all the way to 496 I think lol. Meanwhile these chump teams are flying high while I debate how to keep having fun in a broken event.

Right now I am sitting on a fat pile of iso and hp playing the waiting game to see how bad my poor 355 spidey is going to be "funbalanced".
I was already screwed once by an update. Finally got a red skill rags and dumped 5000hp to make it lvl 5 and 7 hours later, poof funbalanced.

I just hope that this is fixed in next event because I'd like to keep playing and keep finishing in top 10 again. I just am getting tired of the crazy mess things are becoming.

Comments

• They've already said a few days back that the scaling system did not work as expected, due to the difference between the large player population and the smaller internal test, since the system takes both yours and everyone else's battle results to calculate mob levels.

They just didn't want to change it in the middle of the event since anything else would introduce way too many uncertainties.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeah, they've already told us that it didn't go as intended.
  • Hmmm well i hope the next event fairs better for everyone. I'd like to have fun again lol
    and I'm sure others would too.
    I do like challenge but i hate seeing something break apart for me while so many noobs win because of it lol
    looking forward to eventually getting and playing with a daredevil. I'm liking the hood daredevil and obw team idea.
    not sure how well it would work though. Just like the idea of stealing all that ap and making a nightmare team for defense.
  • Yes it was broken but there were workarounds. You could take advantage of the Patch bug to drop up to 16 friendly strike tiles with best there is and berserker rage up until this morning when they forced the update, and of course tanking helped immensely with the scaling issues until the update as well. Anyone quick to update this round wound up at a huge, almost impossible to overcome disadvantage in the event.
  • SandsTheMan
    Options
    As a European (UK) who went to bed in a Daredevil cover place with some optimism, was gutted to wake up this morning to see a top 250 finish. Also, really gutted to now see I was punished for having a high level roster, making the game tougher for me than those with low level characters.

Yes, all missions were do-able with my a-team, but once they were out with 0 health packs, not a chance against 230 enemies
  • Eidolone wrote:
    They've already said a few days back that the scaling system did not work as expected, due to the difference between the large player population and the smaller internal test, since the system takes both yours and everyone else's battle results to calculate mob levels.

They just didn't want to change it in the middle of the event since anything else would introduce way too many uncertainties.

I keep seeing people post something like this. Where did the Devs say this? What are they doing about it? I play pretty much only for PVE and having every enemy be level 230 made this unplayable. That combined with the nerf made me stop playing. I'd like to know when the PVE thing has been fixed so I can start playing again
  • Eidolone wrote:
    They've already said a few days back that the scaling system did not work as expected, due to the difference between the large player population and the smaller internal test, since the system takes both yours and everyone else's battle results to calculate mob levels.

You mean that would make it actually fun?

Let me translate it to business term: canceling the event as it should have happened is non-denyable failure of someone. And that someone is bound to lose bonus, maybe his job. So a better tactic is to go just go ahead. Raged forum posts and negative reviews are something that can be explained, denied or just put on someone else's table, creating th out of jail free card.

Certainly the bloke sitting on the cancel switch might got away with it anyway, the penalties may be only in his fears. But it's more than enough to do the unfortunately common thing and walk the CYA highway.

The "too many uncertainties" for ya.
  • As a European (UK) who went to bed in a Daredevil cover place with some optimism, was gutted to wake up this morning to see a top 250 finish. Also, really gutted to now see I was punished for having a high level roster, making the game tougher for me than those with low level characters.

Yes, all missions were do-able with my a-team, but once they were out with 0 health packs, not a chance against 230 enemies

See? Those who quit early got the same with less effort and frustration. Don't support the broken thing with your assistance -- then it might get better.
  • timber wrote:
    Eidolone wrote:

I keep seeing people post something like this. Where did the Devs say this? What are they doing about it? I play pretty much only for PVE and having every enemy be level 230 made this unplayable. That combined with the nerf made me stop playing. I'd like to know when the PVE thing has been fixed so I can start playing again

From IceIX's earlier post a few days back:
    IceIX wrote:
    Brutus wrote:
    IceIX,

Since hindsight is a wonderful thing, in your opinion should the changes have waited till the end of this PvE event to give people a chance to play with the changes?

With the changes to Wolvie and Thor and the boost cost it appears some match ups are almost impossible to win.

Will the difficulty of the current event be scaled down till people have had a chance to adjust their rosters? I mean fighting a lvl 230 everything isn't easy when Thorverine was OP but now it's almost not worth bothering.

Thoughts?

-Brutus
    We won't mess with the scaling algorithm during the event, too risky. And we could have waited till the end of the event, yes. But R47 was also needed for support for a couple of other upcoming things (nothing major, just support) so we needed to make sure it was out before those things go live. If we didn't, we'd end up with a situation where people that haven't updated quite yet can't use content that people that have updated can.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We're trying something different with the Oscorp Heroic Mode that's about to start - looking forward to hearing how it plays for you.
  • We're trying something different with the Oscorp Heroic Mode that's about to start - looking forward to hearing how it plays for you.

So my 3.5 hour assumption was an overestimate? Nice.
    Hope this 1 took a turn for the better.
  • Give everyone a free daredevil. I'm going to keep saying it until it happens, because this event was incredibly unfair and poorly thought out.
  • We're trying something different with the Oscorp Heroic Mode that's about to start - looking forward to hearing how it plays for you.
    I'm hoping it goes better than thick as thieves since I'm assuming you guys won't be here to fix it tomorrow
    Well, the reviews are starting to come in. Still looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts? icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm thinking this statement should be changed slightly.

"Were trying a different way to piss you off during the new Oscorp Heroic Mode that's about to start - not looking forward to reading 10 pages of complaints and dissatisfaction.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Options
    We're trying something different with the Oscorp Heroic Mode that's about to start - looking forward to hearing how it plays for you.

I'm thinking this statement should be changed slightly.

"Were trying a different way to piss you off during the new Oscorp Heroic Mode that's about to start - not looking forward to reading 10 pages of complaints and dissatisfaction.

Exactly. I am not happy with this event since the last one felt more like work than fun. Killing your characters off just to make the game playable and fun just isn't.

I understand having a challenge but really?
  • Visual explaination.

DEVS
    deadpool-xmen-troll-cool-face-marvel-comics.png

PLAYERS
    mobius-wheelguy4.gif