Shields back up to 2x price :(

Options
optimiza
optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Come on guys, didn't you see that very few people used them the last time you did this? Also, why didn't we get a warning?

Comments

• optimiza wrote:
    Come on guys, didn't you see that very few people used them the last time you did this? Also, why didn't we get a warning?

When did we ever get a warning for things like this? We got lucky and now get character re balance notification. One step at a time.
  • i really dont like how they keep changing the prices, one moment its double, then its back to normal, then triple, then over 9000...

seriously, just pick one **** price and stick with it.
  • It goes with the tourney type. It will pro infamy keep on switching out.
  • L45TN7 wrote:
    i really dont like how they keep changing the prices, one moment its double, then its back to normal, then triple, then over 9000...

seriously, just pick one tinykitty price and stick with it.

Nah, they need to see how the hamsters respond to different stimuli. icon_razz.gif
  • Spiderman as a prize serves as a bait for them to check if a good character is enough for players to accept the new shield prices. I for one won't be using them. The upcoming nerf to Spiderman and the fact I lost 300HP in the last event from accidental purchases has left me without much to spare.Additionally, the Wolverine tournament ends 7am so I would need 200HP which I am never going to pay since in that time I may drop to the range I want to avoid anyway, so shields are useless to me.

A 50/150/400 would be more reasonable, but I stopped expecting reasonable things from the game. I will try to go to 500 (I am 370 now) for the HP if I see it's not too hard and then just let go. I started rebuilding Thor (not sure I will ever use him though) so even top 75 is fine. Either way, I don't expect to hang around for long.
  • Blue-purple spidey is a good bait indeed...
  • I'm taking the bait, though I don't know how I'll fare, realistically, what with having basically no team that fits this tournament. Probably a waste of HP, but I've used few or no shields in the recent ones, so I don't mind. Will shield as high as I can lurch and see what it gets me.

I'd be happy paying 100/150/200, personally. I'm sure everyone has their own idea of reasonable, but 50 is, if anything, too low for what the three-hour shield does. Problem is, I'm not at all ok with paying 400 to skip out for an entire day in stealth mode. Perhaps 3hr @50's justifiable on the basis you'll probably use more than one, I don't know. Unfortunately, if your idea of reasonable is much lower than Demiurge's stat-crunching tells them is working, you're about to be priced out of top 5 placements for the time being. Trying to snipe good placement late is still an option, obviously (I flipping accidentally won yet another Patch in Army of One round 2 just by grabbing the 50HP progression), but now the only people you'll be hitting are the others trying the same thing, I think you'd find trying to win something worthwhile off the now relatively sedate Lightning Rounds less stressful.
  • More proof they just want anyone not happy to quit.