Earnable ISO 'hard' numbers in a week

For lack of a better title >.>

I'm doing some general calculations on how much ISO I can farm in a week and wanted to share the "hard" numbers part of it, along with some conjecture. I'll be looking at two things that appear consistently in a week of MPQ: Deadpool Dailies and PvP featured character events. I'll provide a breakdown.

"Hard Numbers" = For this case, I'm assuming the player is already capable of earning the rewards. In this case, the player has all featured 3* characters over a week, and in PvP, the ability to break 1k progression and secure a top 5/10 rank.

Deadpool Daily (ISO numbers):
500 - Node completion reward
200 - Partial Node completion reward (wave)
1000 - Node completion reward
2000 - Progression reward for a full clear of regular DDQ
500 - Sell price of the 3* cover reward

Total - 4200 ISO

PvP
100 - 50 point progression
250 - 200 point progression (2* cover sell price)
1000 - 500 point progression
500 - 800 point progression (3* cover sell price)
1000 - 850 point progression
1000 - 950 point progression
1000 - 1000 point progression (4* cover sell price)
6500* - Top 5 placement + selling 3 3* cover rewards
3000* - Top 10 placement + selling 2 3* cover rewards

Total - 11350 (If Top 5), 8350 (If Top 10)

Total Earnable "Hard" ISO in a week:

Some math:
1 week = 7 days = 7 DDQs
7 x 4200 = 29400 ISO

1 week = At 'least' 2 PvPs
2 x 11350 (Top 5) = 22700 ISO
2 x 8350 (Top 10) = 16700 ISO

29400 + 22700 = 52100 ISO (Both Top 5s in PvP)
29400 + 16700 = 46100 ISO (Both Top 10s in PvP)

Conjectures:
- For people with a solidly decent roster, that means at minimum, players can earn 46k ISO a week.
- Realistically, players that consistently play each day and participate in the other parts of the game (Alliances, Daily rewards, token pulls, PvE Events) should be earning 10k+ ISO.
- Hardcore grinders can earn much more

What/Why other ISO earning parts of the game are not included:
PvP rewards for winning a match
- Inconsistent rewards. Too much variance in 70/140/250 ISO rewards.

Tokens
- Inconsistent pull rate. I'm only looking at consistent numbers.

PvE
- Too much variance due to progression requirements/nodes/event duration.

Lightning Rounds
- Too much variance with participation rate/progression/ranks to confidently break down and make a number.

Hope this is useful for those figuring out how long it'll take to accumulate ISO. Not perfect, but enough to have a foundation to work off of. If there is a better breakdown/calculation of obtainable ISO, let me know.

Comments

• TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you're playing pve and/or LRs at all, the real numbers are way higher actually. problem is, you're also using iso boosts in pvp pretty consistently so that pretty much takes up the match awards, which you also left out, so that works. to score high in pvp also takes lots of iso in skips, which is not accounted for (and I've already taken up the match rewards). i can burn thousands in skips each event - of course that is searching for CCs for hops getting to 1300, but to find matches in the 50s between 700-1000 pts takes some skipping. also, your pvp assumptions don't add up - you assume 1K pvp scores and t5/10 placement. t5/10 placement takes anywhere from 1300 to 2000 depending on brackets. 1K might get you t50, might get you t100. I've actually heard of brackets where barely over 1K did not finish t100.

overall it sounds like a lot of iso, but reality is that it will level a 4* maybe 10-15 levels.
  • zeekezeeke Age Unconfirmed Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Numbers seem a bit on the low side. I've been playing for 770 days on a semi high level, top 50ish alliance. I'm not grinding PVE, mainly a PvP player but I usually hit the high ISO nodes. Also don't play that many lightning rounds. Also ISO paid in skip tax is not included, below its net ISO gained.

My numbers come out like this for day average:

Pre DPDQ: 10429 ISO/ day = 73k / week
    Post DPDQ: 15045 ISO /day = 105k / week
  • PongiePongie Posts: 1,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    I average about 100k a week too and I hardly hit top 50-100 for pvp. I don't have the time to play lightning rounds (though I should be) but I do play pve (enough to earn legendary token).
  • WarbringaWarbringa Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those numbers assume you are generally a heavy/competitive player I would argue. I am a very casual player and I only average between 35,000 to 40,000 ISO per week on average unless I participate heavily in a PvE or PvP. I usually spend about an hour to two hours a day playing (30 minutes DDQ, 30 minutes per clear on PvE or 30 minutes per shot at PvP). It takes me about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks I have found to level a 3* character from lvl 110 to 166 for me which is slightly more than 100,000 ISO I believe. I normally don't fall in top 100 in PvP or PvE anymore unless I really try. I originally leveled all my 3* to 110 and since have been increasing them one by one to 166. I used to make top 100 in both PvE and PvP without trying easily 6 months ago but now I have to "grind" to do so. Grinding, to me, is spending two hours or more on this game daily.
    DDQ shouldn't take more than 15-20mins (not counting the clash of Titan. That could be 5mins or hours on end). A full pve clear is 20-30mins x3 for the day (only grind on new releases, which is an extra 2-3 hrs). Initial climb of pvp is less than an hour (you can break this into two sessions overnight by floating between 400-600), and the hops are under 10mins.

If you take out the grind, each day is only about 2-2.5 hours.

Which is kind of why I don't do lightning rounds. Need the break in between PVP events.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    Which is kind of why I don't do lightning rounds. Need the break in between PVP events.
    Lightning rounds are very relaxing IMO. As long as you are online when they launch (which admittedly can be tricky), you can then beat up 8-10 easy seed teams. each rewarding you at least 100 ISO and the match taking a minute or two.
    Quebbster wrote:
    As long as you are online when they launch (which admittedly can be tricky), you can then beat up 8-10 easy seed teams. each rewarding you at least 100 ISO and the match taking a minute or two.

That's the thing, when I remember and join sometimes the seed teams are there and I clear the 3. Half the time though, none of the seed teams are there.
  • Milk JugzMilk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way I play I can level a 4* from 150- champ in 8-10 days. It costs approximately 340k iso to do that. I'm almost earning in a day what you figure in a week. Your numbers are low. Though I finish progression in every pve, 575 for 10cp in pvp (most of the time), my alliance ALWAYS plays EVERYDAY so that's 2k a day, and deadpool everyday (every mission). 
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    The way I play I can level a 4* from 150- champ in 8-10 days. It costs approximately 340k iso to do that. I'm almost earning in a day what you figure in a week. Your numbers are low. Though I finish progression in every pve, 575 for 10cp in pvp (most of the time), my alliance ALWAYS plays EVERYDAY so that's 2k a day, and deadpool everyday (every mission). 

The last post in this thread was made over a year ago, and quite a few things have changed - when this thread was started the Alliance bonus was just 200 ISO a day instead of 2000 and clearance levels weren't a thing yet. I Think the 10 ISO "prize" was still in PvE too.

A lot has happened to increase the ISO flow in the last year...

Yes, those figures were out dated. When I am playing both pve and pvp, I can get up to 50k/day now. If shield intercepts are offered, this can add another 5-10k/day. Shield ranks are proximately 1/week so that's another 50/7=~7k/day. Boss events and when I take it casual in pve, then it drops down to 35-40k/day