Jean Grey (Nerf)[Rumor Mill]

2»

Comments

• hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    The only thing I would do with her is flip the green dmg with the purple and vice/versa.

They seem to be preferring counter characters rather than nerfing. Look at Ghost Rider, his black is a massive counter to any AoE character, too bad it's not cheaper, Deadpool is another counter to her, cheap purple to block her purple if she was primary, and his passive is great against any of her AoE.

Not to mention since 4* buffing is on the horizon, I don't think they are going to touch many of them until then.
    When/where was this stated? I must have missed it.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    The only thing I would do with her is flip the green dmg with the purple and vice/versa.

They seem to be preferring counter characters rather than nerfing. Look at Ghost Rider, his black is a massive counter to any AoE character, too bad it's not cheaper, Deadpool is another counter to her, cheap purple to block her purple if she was primary, and his passive is great against any of her AoE.

Not to mention since 4* buffing is on the horizon, I don't think they are going to touch many of them until then.
    It's coming, but you have to pay for it
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    It's coming, but you have to pay for it

I thought they were going to make it so that we will receive random buffage from opening tokens.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

It was in when the Silver Surfer was released. They didn't want to do it right away because it would have further gapped 3* and 4*, but they knew once enough people got 5*'s maxed and covered it would happen, I have a feeling sooner than they thought too.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    No responses or upvotes to my well written response? Everyone just walks away and ignores I said anything? I feel like the red headed step child on the forums. *sigh*

Jean Grey's AOEs are only good when she has levels on the other characters, otherwise, she is just alright. Since the game is still all about Hulkbuster, and her colors work well with him, it's probably why we see so much of her. The 5 match safety from the AI is just the icing on the cake.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think she needs a nerf. I don't have her on my roster at a usable level so i can't speak for how she is on offense. I do see her a fair amount in pvp paired with hulkbuster and don't usually have too hard a time beating that combo and the featured 3*.

Not sure but i would probably hate to play. Thing/Deadpool with Carnage.