**** Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) **** Updated (1/10/19)

Comments

• Anyone with a near maxed chars of Mr Fantastic and Carnage have any input on if that's a good combo? he seems like he'd be the perfect meatshield to go with carnage
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just change his black to a passive like OBW, except just operating off the fantastic 4 character matches.

Imaginaut - passive
    Flavor text here. (PASSIVE) Friendly matches made by Fantastic 4 Characters do an extra 146 damage and generate an 1 additional ap.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 204 additional damage.
    Level 3: Deals 263 additional damage.
    Level 4: Generate 2 extra AP.
    Level 5: Deals 509 additional damage.
    Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 522 additional damage, 1 extra AP
    Level 4: Deals 522 additional damage, 2 extra AP
    Level 5: Deals 912 additional damage, 2 extra AP

A bit of a damage boost and Ap generation would at least give the guy a nice.

If not extra damage creating protect.pngstrike.pngattack.png on certain match colors would at least add some utility.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    So is ol' Reed the agreed upon worst 4*? I've got him rostered with one blue cover but I'm thinking of selling him off and giving his space to Chulk. I don't have the spare HP to buy a new slot and I definitely want Amadeus.
  • So is ol' Reed the agreed upon worst 4*? I've got him rostered with one blue cover but I'm thinking of selling him off and giving his space to Chulk. I don't have the spare HP to buy a new slot and I definitely want Amadeus.

If you only play pvp need not think twice to discard it. However it can be essential 4 * in pve. You can have bad luck just be it the essential when the rewards are some that you want. The recommended rule is cross out the 2 * and 1 *. I have six 2 * and four * 1. Normally I only use two 2 * in pve and the rest is for DDQ, team up and off-season (pvp / pve). Furthermore, Starlord is worse. Mr. fantastic is still useful with some combinations like: IW / RR / HT or IW / RR / Thing. He also plays well with Carnage.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinicius18 wrote:
    He also plays well with Carnage.
    People keep saying that, but I've never once seen anyone actually doing it. Kinda like how everyone assumed AntMan would be an awesome Carnage companion, but even buffed, battling with them is usually a complete trainwreck.
  • simonsez wrote:
    vinicius18 wrote:
    People keep saying that, but I've never once seen anyone actually doing it. Kinda like how everyone assumed AntMan would be an awesome Carnage companion, but even buffed, battling with them is usually a complete trainwreck.

RR for pvp can forget. No one will respect it in its present form. To play alongside Carnage triumph is to take the first blue. Thus the enemy is in stun mode and leads attack tiles from damage. Then you can use Symbiote Scythes that will generate more attack tiles and RR can recover your blood to match the enemy in yours special tiles. The third member could be up to Antman with his yellow and purple available. RR is easier to heal and cause more damage to the tiles of strikes Ants! Ants! Ants! The screen would be covered with special tiles and Imaginaut would cause great harm. Also the blue shields of RR would minimize blood loss. It is a longer match that would be impossible to be played against minions and ninjas.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    vinicius18 wrote:

yeah, the AM/Carnage never really panned out, mostly because to utilize AM it is so slow, and one match and its gone not to mention AM's other skills get clogged up by Carnage's attack tiles.

Mr. F and Carnage is legit, but the reason you don't see it, is why would you given IMHB, JG, IM, RH, Cyc, Deadpool and everyone else that is better as a duo then those two.
    However, it is a fun duo and they compliment very well. Rember it's every tile destroyed heals Mr.F so if the AI matches two of your attack tiles RR heals twice. Imaginaut has two colors in red and green that carnage chases and the blue is uncontested and shields give you reduced damge. If you ever come against one, take out Carnage first, you will never kill Mr. F until you can stop the incoming tiles.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since it seems that the only use ever for this character is along Carnage to live forever, does it mean that his "best" build is 3/5/5 instead of 5/3/5?
  • simonsez
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Since it seems that the only use ever for this character is along Carnage to live forever, does it mean that his "best" build is 3/5/5 instead of 5/3/5?
    I'm 553 for extra protect/stun. Also, if you have OML, that's the black you should be using.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I dont think he is that bad, but mainly because imaginaut carries over and doing 4k with thing compensates.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering the best use for Mr.F is his 1 on 1 battle in DDQ; what is his best build for that?

And by best I mean which of his skills are most necessary to win that fight?
  • simonsez
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Considering the best use for Mr.F is his 1 on 1 battle in DDQ; what is his best build for that?

You might not get agreement on this. Last time around I had people saying 5 black to max damage, but when looking at the rosters of people who actually won, more of them had max stun.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Pwuz_ wrote:

Stun. The heal isn't bad, but without imaginaut it'll be a pain.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    I've posted this a few times now: the best team for Mr.F to me is Mr.F, X-Force and Deadpool. Sure, they are not the best team for PvP or even PvE. But, we can finish matches with everyone at full health a lot of the times and that's even when fighting the Dark Avengers. It's not such a big deal that they're all quite slow.. in a long match, you'll be able to heal them up one by one.
    I use the X-forces a lot with Daken or Grocket and it works very well. I can see Mr F filling a similar role in a pure 4* team.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    I have him at lvl 130, 3/2/5. In all honesty, will raising him to 170-180ish be enough to beat his DDQ Clash? I just can't bring myself to take him much higher.

I'm kind of hoping there was such a low success rate last time that they change the matchup
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    bobbyfish wrote:
    I have him at lvl 130, 3/2/5. In all honesty, will raising him to 170-180ish be enough to beat his DDQ Clash? I just can't bring myself to take him much higher.

I'm kind of hoping there was such a low success rate last time that they change the matchup

Last time I won Doom with a 190 4/2/4 after like 30 tries, so I guess because your black is 5 you have a better chance of success than I had, you should be able to win, if you are reeeeaaaaally lucky, like three cascades lucky with the black tile out.

Now my MrF is still 190 but 5/3/5 so I guess I will need just like 10 tries or so icon_razz.gif

PS: I really hope they see DrDoom is to strong for MrF and they change him, they changed Carnage for ProfX, so maybe we are lucky...
    PS: I think that by the end of the day in my bracket we were like 7 people who won the fight. All except one had cover maxed 200+ level MrFs (one had something like a 150 4/2/3 MrF, I guess he had the most epic cascade ever)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    isn't the key to that one blue and stunning doom? 4 blue takes the stun to 2 turns, and 5 blue = 3 turns. I've completed every 4* ddq at my 145 level EXCEPT MFer. 5 black is ok, but keeping doom stunned as much as possible is the key, which requires blue. I've pulled many MFer covers, but only 3 blue. a 4th or even better, a 5th, are really helpful in the ddq fight. 5 blue and it becomes so much easier I think. 3 blue is tough.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Interesting feedback, hopefully the 3* nerf helps as well.

Seems like a waste of ISO but then if it gets me an LT every few months it's an investment. I'll try a few at 160ish and see what it's like. I didn't even try this last time as I only had a couple of covers
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    isn't the key to that one blue and stunning doom? 4 blue takes the stun to 2 turns, and 5 blue = 3 turns. I've completed every 4* ddq at my 145 level EXCEPT MFer. 5 black is ok, but keeping doom stunned as much as possible is the key, which requires blue. I've pulled many MFer covers, but only 3 blue. a 4th or even better, a 5th, are really helpful in the ddq fight. 5 blue and it becomes so much easier I think. 3 blue is tough.

The problem is that it is very hard to double cast. First, you have the problem that his blue stun is to expensive, you need three matches for every stun. Then Doom is also actively going for blue, and when he has enough, all blue tiles turn into black, so no more blue :S

The only way to win is have the imaginaut tile and have cascades in your favor. Maybe 5 blue will make a difference, but when I had 4 blue, it was not enough (as I said I managed to have a couple of cascades with the black tile out).

PS: Yeah, 3 nerf maybe will help in this duel. Purple damage was massive, just firing it once with 4 tiles was enough to kill my 190 level MrF

PS: And iceman stuns for four turns for 6 AP. I don't understand how two mediocre shields can be two AP and an extra turn of stun.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, but those shields heal him when the opponent matches them away!

Yeah... I hope they tone down his match up. I have a lot more covers this time around, and I'd like them to be worth *something*.