LT Vault to solve the problem

Options
phoenixrising2791
phoenixrising2791 Posts: 130
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I think that to "somehow" solve the issue of the LTs probability, they should make an LT vault instead..... This way your probability of getting different characters increases since others will be crossed out.

Well, this will be very applicable to 2-3* transition and 3*-4* since they just have a couple of 4*s in hand.. but to the veterans, maybe there will be a POOL of covers you will be allowed to choose to draw from... Say, you can choose which covers you would want to be drawn before they get into the vault. Out of 300 possible covers (5 covers to max each color x 20 4* characters x 3 color combo), you are allowed to pick, say 200. Then that will be the basis of the VAULT on which covers you can draw from.

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think that to "somehow" solve the issue of the LTs probability, they should make an LT vault instead..... This way your probability of getting different characters increases since others will be crossed out.

Well, this will be very applicable to 2-3* transition and 3*-4* since they just have a couple of 4*s in hand.. but to the veterans, maybe there will be a POOL of covers you will be allowed to choose to draw from... Say, you can choose which covers you would want to be drawn before they get into the vault. Out of 300 possible covers (5 covers to max each color x 20 4* characters x 3 color combo), you are allowed to pick, say 200. Then that will be the basis of the VAULT on which covers you can draw from.

Yep, such an obvious and easy to implement fix that would immediately decrease the impact of bad luck for people at every stage of the 4* transition, without removing chance entirely, nor taking away profit from D3. It's been suggested several times, but each time the thread gets boggled down when people with average or good luck (and a huge capacity to miss the point) come to say that if you are complaining about bad luck is your fault for not understanding how chance works and that the system doesn't need to change.
  • phoenixrising2791
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:

Yep, such an obvious and easy to implement fix that would immediately decrease the impact of bad luck for people at every stage of the 4* transition, without removing chance entirely, nor taking away profit from D3. It's been suggested several times, but each time the thread gets boggled down when people with average or good luck (and a huge capacity to miss the point) come to say that if you are complaining about bad luck is your fault for not understanding how chance works and that the system doesn't need to change.

Right! But we can't deny the fact that, if there's a CHANCE of LUCK to others, most have BAD LUCK. It is reality and I think the DEVs are still doing some evaluation to this. I am hoarding my CPs until the % of 4* continually decrease because of the recent releases. Currently at 4.5% chance to get a 4* and 3.3% for 5*. Waiting for Chulk and GRider to be included... so it'll be 4.1% hahaha. Well, nevermind. It is a GAME of LUCK
  • ICE brought it up in another thread that the vault is the only other solution but people would still have bad luck from the vault as well. There would still be covers for Mr.F, SL, and IW but at least you couldn't get the same cover 3 times, at least it's different.

I like vaults even when ddq lets me down. At least I can see hope in the vault.
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    The other problem that ICE brought up was that a vault would have to be completely reset everytime a new character was added to it and of course it cannot take your current roster covers into account. So even if you had a season-long vault, at the beginning of the next season, all chances are back to equal.
    The net benefit would very likely be negligible unless you open a lot of LTs within a season.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Platzy wrote:
    The other problem that ICE brought up was that a vault would have to be completely reset everytime a new character was added to it and of course it cannot take your current roster covers into account. So even if you had a season-long vault, at the beginning of the next season, all chances are back to equal.
    The net benefit would very likely be negligible unless you open a lot of LTs within a season.

Another reason to release characters less frequently
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    Platzy wrote:

The solution would be having a small vault (10-20 items) with a fast refresh.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What's interesting and sorta why some topics shouldn't be moved too prematurely is that this idea isn't new and IIRC ice even responded to this.
    I can't find it but i think it was something to do with 'oh we want you guys to have better chances at all colors or something or what if some characters aren't in.

A legendary vault that refreshed bi-seasonally, or seasonally would likely be fine.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They need to slow down on releases IMO.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    New characters = new roster slots = new cover buys = profit that is just the reality of the world so it is pointless to talk about having less releases. It's clear by their pattern that we will get a new character every 2 weeks with a bonus character approximately once a month so 3/month. I have no doubt the numbers show D3 this is the right amount and the numbers don't lie...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New characters also give you something to play for. If you have all the characters in the game, then all that's left is leveling them to max. Then what? You'll never need to open a token again once you fully cover everyone. Then it's just ISO for levels and you're "done". Games like this don't survive when players become "done".
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The tokens are fine, they just need to rework 4 ddq to make it more playable and give a cover for that character. It's not like they're gonna stop making 4 stars anytime soon.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Platzy wrote:

That is as much as a solution as rotating 3* in tokens was. And by that I mean, it is NOT a solution.
    You're only changing the situation from:
    WhinerA wrote:
    I've wasted so many CPs and LTs getting nothing but ****
    StatsGuyA wrote:
    Oh well, y'know, wait it out, you'll have better luck later

To
    WhinerB wrote:
    I can't spend any of my CPs or LTs cause I've gotten vaults with nothing but ****
    StatsGuyB wrote:
    Oh well, y'know, wait it out, you'll have better vaults later
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Platzy wrote:

That is as much as a solution as rotating 3* in tokens was. And by that I mean, it is NOT a solution.
    You're only changing the situation from:
    WhinerA wrote:
    I've wasted so many CPs and LTs getting nothing but ****
    StatsGuyA wrote:
    Oh well, y'know, wait it out, you'll have better luck later

To
    WhinerB wrote:
    I can't spend any of my CPs or LTs cause I've gotten vaults with nothing but ****
    StatsGuyB wrote:
    Oh well, y'know, wait it out, you'll have better vaults later

I don't see the problem. Even if you get a "bad run" of vaults, you will not be losing your painstakingly acquired tokens, as it happens in the first scenario, so when a good vault finally comes around you could empty it. That's why I've always proposed that this vault should have a quick refresh... maybe as little as 5 days, to coincide with a new 4* DDQ. They could then "feature" the required character in the vault like they do in the PVE vaults they do from time to time.
  • Honestly having a bad vault is a blessing in disguise. You wont waste CP on a bad vault since you know what you're getting and its all trash.