**** Unknown (Coming Soon) **** (Miles Morales)

Comments

• _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Time has come for what everybody had waited since day 1... a usable Spidey!

I really like the use of the special tiles for him, gaining his colors by matching them and/or destroy them for extra damage. A cheap red is also welcomed to rapid fire it and mirrors spideys enhanced agility to pound his enemys.

Would also be happy if it would was Black Spider-Man, but Miles too is a good option for him. So make it happen!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming it is web tiles being created, if he's pushing them out with any kind of speed, Venom is gonna become fun to own.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    If it is Miles Morales, I'm betting he will be Spider Man (Miles Morales), precluding him from being in the same fight with 3* spidey.

Oh, no, that wouldn't/shouldn't be the case at all -- they're completely different characters, and've teamed up in the past (and currently - in Secret Wars)
    Spider-Men_Vol_1_2_Pichelli_Variant_Textless.jpg
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    If it is Miles Morales, I'm betting he will be Spider Man (Miles Morales), precluding him from being in the same fight with 3* spidey.

Oh, no, that wouldn't/shouldn't be the case at all -- they're completely different characters, and've teamed up in the past (and currently - in Secret Wars)

Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho are also completely different characters, but they're banned from teaming together.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards

My assumption is mechanics based. Having a 4* and a 3* spidey generating web tiles with different colors that will now create AP and boost damage sounds hard to balance.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    My assumption is mechanics based. Having a 4* and a 3* spidey generating web tiles with different colors that will now create AP and boost damage sounds hard to balance.
    Prohibiting characters from pairing up because they work well together, is a bad precedent.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Prohibiting characters from pairing up because they work well together, is a bad precedent.
    Speaking of which, I heard a rumor that Professor X (Charles Xavier) is getting an in-game rename to Black Widow (Charles Xavier).
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only thing that doesn't fit Miles is that there's no delayed damage a la icon_ms_marvel.png's Sonic Boom for Venom Blast (which is basically its defining characteristic in the comics -- he hits you, then a few seconds later the energy burst happens). Still, it's almost certainly him.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    My money is on Miles or Iron Spider for sure, I knew it as soon as I saw the announcement last night. Would be nice for a new character but meh...he seems pretty BA from the description. Would be awesome if we could pair him with 1* or 3* Spidey for web tile awesomeness...It should be allowable since they are different people, 1*-3* Spidey's are all Peter Parker (would not work with Iron Spider as he was Parker too) so Miles would fit nicely.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    stowaway wrote:

Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho are also completely different characters, but they're banned from teaming together.

IceIX confirmed that that is for yet-to-be-revealed-by-Marvel canonical reasons. My guess is that Cho literally has or is borrowing (or bequeathed) Banner's Hulk powers/gamma-energy at the moment, hence both of them not being able to be The Hulk at the same time. If that's the case, it'd be no different than Thoress not being able to group with Thor, as there's only one Mjolnir. As Peter and Miles are completely different people (with one literally mentoring and grouping with the other frequently), there's absolutely no reason they couldn't be on the same team.
  • Awesome, Miles Morales! I wonder if his red will leave a count down tile for the stun to hit.
  • Miles Morales is definitely a good guess.

Other good guesses would be: Eddie Brock - Venom
    Reasoning: The Venom in the game is the Mac Gargan Venom. OG Venom could use the symbiote to turn invisible, and like the other web-crawler people, would create web tiles.

This could also work as the Flash Thompson Agent Venom (both Flash and Eddie Brock were able to better use the Symbiote's abilities than Mac Gargan.)

Big Time Spiderman:
    During the Big Time event (when Phil Urich came back as the new Hobgoblin) Peter created a suit that had a stealth mode. Currently, this suit is in the possession of the clone of Peter, Kaine, who is the current Scarlet Spider
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    It very much seems to be a Spidey. I very much would like it to be Miles. I don't want another Peter. I want to use three Web Tile generators together.
    Thousands of blackberry trees.
    But... The colors and the damage+stun fit good old Spider Woman.
  • Berserk Al wrote:

But not the invisibility. Granted, it could be something like, "jumps to the shadows/leaps from the shadows for a devastating attack".
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    Berserk Al wrote:

But not the invisibility. Granted, it could be something like, "jumps to the shadows/leaps from the shadows for a devastating attack".

She does have pheromone manipulation so she could "manipulate" the enemy into thinking she's not there. Kind of a stretch but could work.
  • Mavrek32 wrote:
    Berserk Al wrote:

She does have pheromone manipulation so she could "manipulate" the enemy into thinking she's not there. Kind of a stretch but could work.

I thought that turns men on and repels women?
  • _Ryu_ wrote:
    Marvel Wiki says
    Miles Morales also has two abilities that the original Spider-Man did not have: the ability to camouflage himself, including his clothing, to match his surroundings, and an electrical "venom strike" that can paralyze almost anyone with just a touch, including the electrically powered Electro.

I think we have a winner!

Nuff said!

It is MILES MORALES! And should be Miles Morales (Spider Man). Right right right?

Venom is not far away from visiting and staying in a 4* land. Long live the web.png tiles!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Honestly, I don't want another Spider Man. I would love to see new characters, not new versions of the same character (even if they are 2 different persons, they impersonate the same hero - Spiderman - in different versions). There are a lot of heroes/villains we don't have in the game.

I find the 3* Spidey ok, and I use him as a stunner and protector. Wolverine Patch + Loki + Spidey works really well together.

According to the abilities and your comments, I guess Miles does fit the "suit", and watching the Marvel Comics it seems a new Spider-Man issue just launched on 2nd of december: http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57137/spidey_2015_1 , following the life of Peter Parker at the right beginning. In the description there's something about Sand Man too.

And now that I mention his name and looking at the abilities, I would rather see Sand Man with those colors instead of Spidey. I don't know if Sand Man would fit a 4* level, but the abilities could go his way. He's made of sand and can become "invisible" whenever he want by just becoming one with his "nature". Then he can jump from where he wants, therefore taking his opponent by surprise (invisibility/damage). Sand Man's power also come from the quantity of sand he is able to gather, and his specific tiles can be Sand Tiles (they never said it couldn't be new specific tiles). And it makes more sense to match Sand Tiles to grow his strength, or destroy Sand Tiles to regain his form and deal damage, than matching Web Tiles which are needed for all Spidey's abilities in the game.

Maybe I'm just over-fetching here. But I would rather want a new character than a new Spiderman, and Sand Man isn't so bad...
    Any thoughts?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whomever it is I like the moveset.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    And now that I mention his name and looking at the abilities, I would rather see Sand Man with those colors instead of Spidey. I don't know if Sand Man would fit a 4* level, but the abilities could go his way. He's made of sand and can become "invisible" whenever he want by just becoming one with his "nature". Then he can jump from where he wants, therefore taking his opponent by surprise (invisibility/damage). Sand Man's power also come from the quantity of sand he is able to gather, and his specific tiles can be Sand Tiles (they never said it couldn't be new specific tiles). And it makes more sense to match Sand Tiles to grow his strength, or destroy Sand Tiles to regain his form and deal damage, than matching Web Tiles which are needed for all Spidey's abilities in the game.

Honestly I really like your thinking on this one. Overwhelmingly unlikely but it really makes sense the way you laid it out.
This discussion has been closed.