Seriously a Thor tourney?

Someone else can make 1 with details. More just needed 1 ASAP to complain in. Seriously what kinda horse **** is this.

Comments

• Yep, sitting this one out. No incentive to play.
  • I sold my thor because he was 5/4/4.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
  • NotYou13
    NotYou13 Posts: 104
    Awesome. I just sold my Thor too because it was built incorrectly following the changes.
  • I think I said three times
    sell wolvie if you have patch/xforce because that's next tourny
    dont sell thor, because he'll pop up in a tourney soon and there is no replacement cover

:p, also

boosted thor=prenerf thor
  • That's pretty hilarious icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Nerf Wolverine and Thor, offer a bigger reward for selling those two, give them both a tourney.

I wonder if they planned to make people see that they didn't nerf them that badly or if it's just a cruel joke
  • I have no one to blame but myself. icon_e_smile.gif
  • whorst wrote:
    That's pretty hilarious icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Nerf Wolverine and Thor, offer a bigger reward for selling those two, give them both a tourney.

I wonder if they planned to make people see that they didn't nerf them that badly or if it's just a cruel joke

No joke, just cruel.
  • LOL! Oh, Devs... Why do you always make yourself a punching bag. Glad that I didnt sell my Wolvy or Thor covers.
  • I opened the tourney looked at one match where a level 85 Thor had over 15K hit points and said **** that and left.
  • It is kind of funny. YOU THERE! You don't have enough salt in that wound let me heap some more on there! Bahaha. I don't think it's that big of a deal, mostly because I have no shot at the IW for winning it and everyone has tonnes of GSBW covers. Frankly, I was surprised at the lack of backlash over the last 2 "elite: rich get richer" tournaments. By which I mean the Wolverine and Avengers Elite.
  • The devs for this game are amazingly out of touch.
  • Blackflag wrote:
    The devs for this game are amazingly out of touch.

It's almost amazing that I consider that a true statement despite how often they make appearances and read the forums.
  • It's insulting. They're doing this so you don't sell your Thor for the increased payback (which is still painfully low). Same with the best there is. We're not stupid, stop treating us that way devs.
  • Of course they're going to do a boosted Thor tourney. It's to sell you on the idea that Thor is still useful. Otherwise, people would just assume he's worthless and not play him. Think of him as a new character. They want people to figure out how he works. I'm not saying it's going to make people who are mad about the change feel better. But it does make sense for the devs to do it.
  • C'mon, you guys should have known this was coming.

What did Cable used to say? Something along the lines of
    "You don't need a crystal ball to see into the future."
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    edited January 2014
    They're obviously encouraging players to try out the new versions of the characters so they aren't just dismissed.

Plus, they are buffing the most popular 2* characters and giving out 3* rewards, so people can make the 3* transition that have those covers.

And after all of that, they are gathering data on how people are using the characters with their new abilities by forcing people to use them.
  • /facepalm

Good thing I didn't sell mine, but I feel for you others who did.

Then again, I couldn't compete in the Punisher tournaments so icon_razz.gif
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    Of course they're going to do a boosted Thor tourney. It's to sell you on the idea that Thor is still useful. Otherwise, people would just assume he's worthless and not play him. Think of him as a new character. They want people to figure out how he works. I'm not saying it's going to make people who are mad about the change feel better. But it does make sense for the devs to do it.
    This is where lack of communication really hurts.

They offer increased sell back price for half a week, and then when people bite, they drop a Thor tournament on them.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    C'mon, you guys should have known this was coming.

What did Cable used to say? Something along the lines of
    "You don't need a crystal ball to see i to the future."

When they announced the increased sale prices the very very 1st thing I said was ,
    Watch, I'm gonna sell them and they are gonna be immediately feature in events.

Despite this, I made the mistake if putting my faith in the devs to take a proper course if action, so I sold then to have ISO to level up a different character, you know, play with someone besides Thor and wolvie?
    I thought creating a diversified roster was the ENTIRE GOAL. Apparently that was just more horse **** because all they are doing us cramming Thor and wolvie down our frkn throats!!!!

Why do I continue to trust you and let you get my hopes up? Why do I keep thinking you will take this once great game and move it in the right direction or at least implement 1 good event only to have my hopes and dreams crushed into oblivion. Why oh fkng why.
  • Also it's hard to show a character's usefulness when they're buffed. They could have simply had a PvE event where you were required to use them unbuffed for some of the missions.