**** Unknown (Coming Soon) **** (Miles Morales)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited December 2015 in MPQ Character Discussion
Pre-release ability precis:
    Invisibility/Damage - 8 AP - Creates an Invisibility tile and X [Charspecific] tiles. While Invisibility tile is on the board, this ability becomes: Remove Invisibility tile, deal damage + bonus for each [Charspecific] tile.

Tile gen/AP Gain - 7 AP - Creates [Charspecific] tiles. PASSIVE Gain Red/Purple AP when matching a [Charspecific] tile

Damage/Stun - 6 AP - Damage and Stun target opponent

Link to full character thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36799

Comments

• Artean
      Artean Posts: 31
      Calling my shot. NIGHTCRAWLER
    • eShock
      eShock Posts: 42
      Charspecific ... web tiles? So spiderman or venom are my guesses, with the abilities leaning more towards spiderman.
    • Blahahah
      Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
      Hmm... Invisibility?
      Can't be nightcrawler... Or spiderman for that matter. Neither have shown such abilities to my recollection.

Honestly given his red is a stun, his yellow resembles a certain rubber man, and his purple gives him invisibility...

Super Skrull?

Red looks like Thing's "clobbering time", Yellow reminds me of "imaginaut", and the purple reminds me of Invisible Woman's ability.
      Plus it makes sense given his moves that the moves looks like they have some self-synergy, just as Kl'rt combines the powers of the fantastic 4.
    • Pylgrim
      Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
      I was thinking Kitty Pride but the suggestion of Spider-Man makes more sense. The invisibility can be justified as Spidey clinging to the ceiling, unseen ("no one ever looks up").
    • STOPTHIS
      STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
      Miles Morales seems like a decent bet. He can turn invisible and has a stun.
    • udonomefoo
      udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
      STOPTHIS wrote:

This is my bet.
    • TheWerebison
      TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
      STOPTHIS wrote:

I didn't know that about him. Pretty awesome. Given that there's character specific tiles, they could easily be web tiles. I like the idea of Super Skrull, but this does seem to make the most sense so far.

edit: Shame this is specific to Miles. I'd want them to convert 3* Spidey into an "LSpiderman".
    • Marc_Spector
      Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
      Hmmm... I'm imagining/hoping for a "BAMF!", or a "THWIP!", or a "MY NAME IS NFL SUPERPRO, THE MOST SUPERIOR OF ALL PROS!"

.....I don't know of any specific sound-effects associated with the latter. -.-
    • Blahahah
      Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
      STOPTHIS wrote:

I didn't know that about him. Pretty awesome. Given that there's character specific tiles, they could easily be web tiles. I like the idea of Super Skrull, but this does seem to make the most sense so far.

edit: Shame this is specific to Miles. I'd want them to convert 3* Spidey into an "LSpiderman".

Like what... Golden Spiderman? Symbiote Spiderman? "Superior" spiderman?
    • TheWerebison
      TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
      Blahahah wrote:
      STOPTHIS wrote:

Like what... Golden Spiderman? Symbiote Spiderman? "Superior" spiderman?

Oh no, I just mean I would like them to turn 3* burst heal Spidey into a spry attack Spidey. IF this 4* is Spidey.
    • morph3us
      morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
      IceIX wrote:
      Tile gen/AP Gain - 7 AP - Creates [Charspecific] tiles. PASSIVE Gain Red/Purple AP when matching a [Charspecific] tile

[Charspecific] = Web tiles?
    • LovelyMagickUnicorn
      LovelyMagickUnicorn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
      Spider-Man's Iron Spider Iron had a stealth thing didn't it? That could work with the invisibility thing. A new character would be nice too though. But I suppose it wouldn't really matter to me since I don't have the roster space or HP for new characters.
    • Spiderman... Bet!?
    • Definitely Spider Man - symbiote? Or Miles Morales? Or Spider Gwen?!

char spec tile screams WEB TILES!!!

Finally!!! Spidey's back.

Miles Morales I think will be the best addition, in line with the All New All Different Line Up.
    • Definitely Spider Man - symbiote? Or Miles Morales? Or Spider Gwen?!

char spec tile screams WEB TILES!!!

Finally!!! Spidey's back.

Miles Morales I think will be the best addition, in line with the All New All Different Line Up.
      Or 2099. I think I remember him having stealth abilities.
    • Phaserhawk
      Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
      I want to say Miles Morales, but colors seem off as well as the yellow skill

I think this is Iron Spider but could very well be miles too

Both miles and iron spider can camouflage. And both have dmg stun so purple and red suited to both. But yellow seems like the waldoes or the mechanical arms of the iron spider as they passively help
    • Chrono_Tata
      Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
      I'm thinking Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales) as well. Iron Spider would be interesting, but it's a character that's specifically tied to the Civil War comic story line which isn't very relevant to anything right now. (The upcoming Civil War movie looks like it's not going to feature Spider-Man). With Miles recently getting his own series post-Secret Wars, it makes a lot more sense to be him.
    • BlackBoltRocks
      BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
      Hmm if it's Miles, i would have expected a Black ability to correspond to his suit. Then again, 3* Spidey doesn't have a Red ability

Oh yeah i just remembered. How's his name going to be like? Miles Morales (Spider-Man)? Spider-Man (Miles Morales)? I'm assuming you can use both Pete and Miles on the same team, like Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson, so yea

Finally, for those not sure about his powers: "He also has two abilities that the original Spider-Man did not have: the ability to camouflage himself, including his clothing, to match his surroundings, and an electrical "venom strike" that can paralyze almost anyone with just a touch" (taken from Wiki). This certainly corresponds to his Purpink and Red abilities
    • _Ryu_
      _Ryu_ Posts: 149
      Marvel Wiki says
      Miles Morales also has two abilities that the original Spider-Man did not have: the ability to camouflage himself, including his clothing, to match his surroundings, and an electrical "venom strike" that can paralyze almost anyone with just a touch, including the electrically powered Electro.

I think we have a winner!
    • BlackSheep101
      BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
      _Ryu_ wrote:
      Marvel Wiki says...
      Read this part way through the thread. Was happy to see it quoted here at the bottom. I'm sold on Morales.

I like this character design. Our other invisibility users haven't been very focused on offense. I also like that this guy does something when matching web tiles, and that that something is acceleration.

If it is Miles Morales, I'm betting he will be Spider Man (Miles Morales), precluding him from being in the same fight with 3* spidey.
    This discussion has been closed.