**** The Hulk (Totally Awesome) ****

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    Powers at 5/4/4 level 70 (the loaner from his noncompetitive PvE)

Mastermind Excello: 2071 damage + 90 per blue AP. Still a 3x3 block.
    See The Math Of It: 2-turn countdown, 3 charged tiles, destroys 3 green tiles. Upgrades to 4 green tiles at 5.
    Hot Dog Stand: Heals Hulk for 774 health, creates 3 blue tiles. Upgrades to 1086 health at level 5, still with 3 blue tiles.

I'm torn between 5/3/5 (because See The Math Of It just doesn't scale very well with covers) and 5/5/3 (because Hot Dog Stand's only gains are healing, so you get as much extra blue from 1 cover as from 5).
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    The description of Mastermind Excello should mention that it doesn't build AP.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler

See The Math Of It: 2-turn countdown, 3 charged tiles, destroys 3 green tiles. Upgrades to 4 green tiles at 5.
    Hot Dog Stand: Heals Hulk for 774 health, creates 3 blue tiles. Upgrades to 1086 health at level 5, still with 3 blue tiles.
    So that mean Green at 270 lvl - 4100-4300 dmg + 170-190 per blue
    Blue doesn't dealing any damage which writing in description icon_rolleyes.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    SolidQ wrote:

It says in the description that destroyed tiles deal damage.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    SolidQ wrote:

It says in the description that destroyed tiles deal damage.
    Tile dmg not working, it's zero dmg
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SolidQ wrote:

So that mean Green at 270 lvl - 4100-4300 dmg + 170-190 per blue

It's usually multipled by 1.98-1.99.

So 4101-4121, + 178-179. Which puts it around 9491 max (30 blue AP), which seems kinda weak compared to the AoE greens of equal cost (Iceman, JG, RHulk), unless this is also AoE, but I didn't think so.
  • CrookedKnight
    I'm sure they're considering the targeted 3x3 tile destruction to be as valuable as a good chunk of damage. For my part I agree - it gets rid of any one special tile of your choosing (potentially much more if you're fighting somebody who spams them like Storm or Blade), can set up controlled cascades, etc.
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    Stats please!!!!

Just got his first cover...

?????????
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it intended that Hot Dog Stand can only be used once per battle?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    seems kinda weak
    Think of him as a 4* SW. Quickly feeds an ability that isn't all that great.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:

Seriously, I only got hot dog stand to work once and not when I needed it. Having so few blue tiles is not easy.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    pheregas wrote:

Seriously, I only got hot dog stand to work once and not when I needed it. Having so few blue tiles is not easy.

I guess the lesson here is if you want him to use his Hot Dog Stand, bring Doom along.
  • CrookedKnight
    Or bring Daken and start spamming Chemical Reaction.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated OP with full stats
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Updated OP with full stats

Thanks, IceIX!

Typo in the green description, BTW! (applies)
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    At first glance I would go 5/3/5 since that cheap heal (even though its conditional) is just too good to pass up. 1 extra green tile and 1 less turn on the countdown isn't enough for me to take blue to 5.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    At first glance I would go 5/3/5 since that cheap heal (even though its conditional) is just too good to pass up. 1 extra green tile and 1 less turn on the countdown isn't enough for me to take blue to 5.

I can see an argument for 300 health > 1 green tile but I'm looking at 5/5/3 all the way. Think at minimum you want 5/4/4 to get the CD to two.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    I can see an argument for 300 health > 1 green tile but I'm looking at 5/5/3 all the way. Think at minimum you want 5/4/4 to get the CD to two.

Agreed. I personally would want his blue @ at least 4 for whenever I or the A.I. have to use it. I think either 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 seem just fine.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Typo in the green description, BTW! (applies)
    Fixed, thanks!
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    Mastermind Excello has underwhelming damage (342 to 793 per AP) but since he comes with his own green AP generator I'll forgive it. The selected tile destruction is very nice as well. It can destroy multiple enemy tiles and you can also set it up for a free match. Or you can destroy blue tiles for his black power.

See the Math of It -- I like this a lot. It shakes the board up and you'll often get a free match from using it. Its random placement is a downside. The charged tiles will let you cast it a lot. Cheap too.

Hot Dog Stand -- well... it's only 5 AP, but it's not spammable since it will create enough blue tiles to prevent it from being cast again. The extra blue tiles would go well with his blue power, but it usually won't create a free match since there will be so few blue tiles on the board. I don't know why they added in the stun -- it's not that bad (see 3* Cyke) but it seems unnecessary. It restores around 12% of his health at 5 covers, 7% at 3 covers. Playing three matches in the node with the loaner Chulk, I never had a situation where I both needed the health and had a board where I could use it.

I'd go 5/5/3. He won't be the main damage dealer in your team, but he's a good assistant, which is thematic.