European friendly tournament or bracket

Can devs do something for european players. We just cannot win top prizes when tournament ends at 5am ,6am. It is really frustrating. Maybe devs can create bracket based on geography? Then it would be fair I guess. What are your opinion about it?

Comments

• Yes please.
  • It's 11pm here and I am about to head to bed... with alarm set up for 4am of course icon_neutral.gif

This is not the first time it is suggested, let's hope we get better results this time icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Go Europe! (UK especially icon_twisted.gif )
  • Agree on this
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    I have to say that living in the Hong Kong timezone, these tourney times are amaaaaaazing!

Wake up, have my morning coffee, grind a little bit. Let my health regen, and then finish off at lunch time just as the tourney is ending.
  • Yeah, I'm european and this tourney times are f***** me
  • Where I'm at in the U.S. The tournament ends at 11pm. I work at 5 am. So should they create a bracket for me too?
  • Badman82 wrote:
    Where I'm at in the U.S. The tournament ends at 11pm. I work at 5 am. So should they create a bracket for me too?

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few lol
  • Badman82 wrote:
    Where I'm at in the U.S. The tournament ends at 11pm. I work at 5 am. So should they create a bracket for me too?
    You might also find this hypothetical European bracket of use too icon_e_smile.gif
  • Badman82 wrote:

Do you think your situation is worse then situation in whole Europe? You compare tournament ending at 11pm with 5 am? Really?
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    This European bracket sounds peachy. Count me in.
  • Can devs do something for european players. We just cannot win top prizes when tournament ends at 5am ,6am. It is really frustrating. Maybe devs can create bracket based on geography? Then it would be fair I guess. What are your opinion about it?

+1
  • Yes please!
  • Agreed. Lost 151 rating cause I had to sleep and got a bad rank.
  • Ditto to what everyone else said above!
  • Would love European friendly tournament.

Or...change weekend tournaments from saturday, sunday to friday, saturday. Not a perfect solution but easier to do.
  • I have to agree. The weekend tournaments are almost worthless to me living on the US East coast. They always end at Midnight, but that is 9PM on the the West Coast. So I go to sleep at 10:30 in the top 10 and wake up with a top 150 prize (still don't know exactly where I end up in the rankings since the board isn't available after the tourny ends) The only event that I did well on is a few weeks ago and that ended up being because the server crashed about an hour before it was scheduled to end and no one was able to continue on the event. I would like to see one of the following two methods be considered:

1. A rolling ending time. So events will end at 12 midnight in different time zones, so eventually everyone will have a prime time shot at the end of the event, not only the west coast of the US and Asia.

2. Add a setting where players enter their time zone. Then bracket the players in the same time zone together. That would at least level the event a bit.