Roster clean out/up help

Options
PeeOne
PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
So to start with after reading a number of posts I am going to ditch a couple of 1 stars

In general are people replacing 2 star characters with 3 star ones - for example Thor - once the 3 star has 13 covers are people getting rid of the 2 star??

I have 69 slots and some of the characters I never use - but I am to worried to get rid of someone in case I need them in an event (I rarely play the PvP)

Any one with suggestions my roster is posted - next to go will be all the 1 stars except Juggernaut

Comments

• Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Juggs is the only 1* you'll need.

Main reasons to hold onto some 2*s even if you have a 3* version:
    - PvE essentials. You can leave a cover or two in your queue to rotate in because 2*s are so common, but they are also boosted for events where they are essential and may be very useful to clear them.
    - DDQ. Some of the DDQ require 2* lineups and you should have enough 2*s to clear it even if some heroes are locked out (on enemy team)
    - PvP boosted. You don't pvp much, but in case you want to, boosted 2*s are very good to get you started.

As a suggestion, keep a 2* lineup that can clear out DDQ consistently and leave out the rest to free up roster space. Ares is good because he won't be locked out. Keep at least 1 cover of every other 2* in your queue and have a spot on your roster to rotate them in for PvE.
  • PeeOne
    Options
    Thanks for your advice - yeah the DDP - I only ever use 2 star - storm, magneto, Thor and ares - the rest could go

just worried about ditching OBW
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PeeOne wrote:
    Thanks for your advice - yeah the DDP - I only ever use 2 star - storm, magneto, Thor and ares - the rest could go

just worried about ditching OBW
    I wouldn't ditch OBW. She was invaluable in the Galactus event, and who knows when they might rerun that?
    On a more serious note, she's one of the best two-stars around, so if you have a good leveled one you may as well keep her around.
  • PeeOne
    Options
    In the galactus event!!

Wow never thought of using her in it I was using BE grey - paired with scarlet witch only lost against galactus twice in round 5
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OBW was pretty amazing in the big G event.

I do exactly what Tryke does as well so would echo everything he said. 2*s drop like rain in the rain forest so it is very easy to keep a copy of each 2* in your queue. When I get a replacement, I just sell the old one.
  • PeeOne
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and tips - I've been playing for a while but learning heaps of late...

Got rid of my Daken 2* and that day he appeared as an essential - doh!

Now just trying to figure out if iv going to keep my 5*s - all the PvE's are becoming unplayable nodes with 210 characters making it less fun
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PeeOne wrote:
    Got rid of my Daken 2* and that day he appeared as an essential - doh!
    Tip: The essentials for next event is always the characters awarded for the current event. Meet Rocket and Groot awards Captain Falcon, Gamora and Ms Marvel, so those are the characters that will be essential in The Hulk later this week.