*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

191011121315»

Comments

• Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Sw. Her passive creates purple for deceptive, which then creates green for sniper
  • huskeebear
    huskeebear Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    DJSquiggy wrote:
    I have a 5 greenflag.png 4 redflag.png 1 purpleflag.png widow and she has been a real help for Ultron. the ability to selectively destroy those bomb tiles is very nice. With a 2 or 3* thor at 5 yellow makes that green easier to pop off.

i really just started playing her this event as i got the 5th green as a daily reward recently.

i was wondering if a 544 build would be good for her since that allows 3 shots on red and a guaranteed match 5 on purple.....or is that just crazy talk?

my current thought process on GSBW build is :

for PvP defense 5 purpleflag.png is her best chance to shine which feeds into 5 greenflag.png optimally

that being said - she is a liability in PvP, easy to beat when on offense b/c she is among the slowest to get ramped up, for that reason, she is only useful in PvP as a featured essential or if your current roster has few options.

She shines on board control vs over leveled goons/survival nodes/Ultron bombs

All 3 of those usually have time to fill the board with numerous tiles that will result in high health loss/character demise

Therefore, board control is a must. 4 redflag.png paired with a redtile.png feeder (Cyclops for me) allows significant flexibility on a board clogged w enemy tiles.

Using greentile.png for board control requires 24 tiles (11 purpletile.png +13 greentile.png ) to activate greentile.png , this is a very slow proposition compared to
    using redtile.png for board control requiring 14-16 tiles (7cyclops yellowtile.png + 7 or 9 redtile.png depending on cyc covers)

I understand this simple math doesn't factor in cascades, the possible 4/5 matches that may occur and the ability to remove tiles through matching and board manipulation.

The 3 targeted redtile.png are much easier to control than sniper rifle.

This is why 4 redflag.png 4 purpleflag.png is a viable build imo. I am not finding the extra green tile generated on 5 purpleflag.png is a significant loss compared to the board control gain of 4 redflag.png

If I am controlling the board, I am going to win the fight with less damage and also my big nukes will fall into place over the long battle.

I know that many people like to exploit greentile.png with Thor but I have not favored this strategy right now b/c Thor yellowflag.png is another slow skill and then I end up with 2 very good greentile.png users and so I don't feel it's a balanced team and definitely will not shine as a board control team since Thor is a bit random with his abilities.

w/ Cyc will have nukes on blacktile.png and greentile.png , excellent board control on redtile.png , AP generation on yellowtile.png and purpletile.png
    so a blue user rounds out my rainbow.

I have played this build a lot now - and am very comfortable with the setup
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Is her redflag.png worth to max out? How many damage does she deal at Level 5?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    At 5 covers, Pistol clears three 3x3 blocks of tiles. It deals 869 base damage plus whatever damage Widow would do with the cleared tiles. It's really just for clearing troublesome tiles and generating cascades. It functions just as well at 3 covers, and her other abilities are much better at 5 covers.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    At 5 covers, Pistol clears three 3x3 blocks of tiles. It deals 869 base damage plus whatever damage Widow would do with the cleared tiles. It's really just for clearing troublesome tiles and generating cascades. It functions just as well at 3 covers, and her other abilities are much better at 5 covers.

At 5/3/5, you're never using her red ability (unless she's your teams only red user), as 14 AP to clear two 2x3 blocks is pretty terrible, especially as her damage is marginal.

If you're using her red for board control in PVE, it's okay at 4 red, as 15 AP to clear three 2x3 blocks can be more useful against special tile generators, while minus 1 created green doesn't cripple her purple. The damage increase to go to 5 red doesn't appear to be much from what I've observed, at least, so it doesn't seem to offset the loss in her other two abilities. 5/4/4 is her best for PVE, IMHO, although against someone like Ultron I've heard people swear by 4/4/5. For PVP, 5/3/5 seems like the better bet.

As was suggested earlier, pairing her with someone like Cyclops is a very strong grouping, as she has targeted board clear when you need it, but Cyclops can do more raw damage on red when you don't.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or you could pair her with PX and murder everything ever, in which case the extra tile from her 5th purple because very valuable.
  • Cdubb1975
    Cdubb1975 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    anyone know what champion level widow's purple power reaches 82 damage?
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I decided to use her outside of the winfinity mode that I normally do to maximize her potential.  Paired her up with 3* Thor and 2* Daken, all three champed.  I have BW at 5/3/5, Thor at 5/5/3 and Daken at 5/3/5.  With all of them able to produce green tiles and do damage in the process it's a pretty lethal combo.