So.. Jessica Jones TV Series...

Options
Unknown
edited November 2015 in Off Topic
I've just finished watching the first episode. I have to say the only thing I'm hoping for is a Daredevil Crossover with it.

So far, none of the Marvel TV Series hold a candle to the DC ones like Flash and Arrow. Hope this series changes that.

Comments

• Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ive just finished watching last episode. Well you'll see some references to dd but dont hold your breath icon_e_wink.gif anyway from what Ive heard somewhere netflix is planing solo series for luke and punisher (at first they had IF in plans) and one more for all of them at once.
    Anyway back to JJ - I really liked it, even more than DD (and it was really good as well imho). On top of that now I have my fav onscreen vilian icon_e_smile.gif I would love to read some more opinions icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Their casting of Luke cage was the biggest downside to the series so far, deadpan acting, and no discernible personality i could find .. I understand all the compromises made, because they had to try and re-write her entire Purple Man conflict, without Jean Grey.. so, trying to create it from scratch was done well enough, so they get an A+ on story. The show suffered from other casting issues as well.. 3 identical generic blondes (hope, trish, and carrie ann's new girl)

The show was good , not great like Daredevil, unfortunately, they set the bar pretty high.. and with who they cast as Punisher, i am not really looking forward to his coming in Daredevil, but will watch anyway, which is what a good show can do.

So casting issues aside (not even a fan of kristen ritter), the story was done well enough that i will definitely watch a 2nd season, and am stoked for Defenders when it comes.

Side note, and this is not the massive 40 year + whovian speaking, David Tennant is a better Purple Man , than he was a Doctor.. he was the absolute highlight of the series.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    David Tennant is a better Purple Man , than he was a Doctor.. he was the absolute highlight of the series.

Did his accent make you wet? icon_lol.gif

Anyway, I've finished watching the entire series. Luke definitely was disappointing acting-wise. I find it very annoying that there is no mention of daredevil (lest the nurse in the last episode alluding to his existence, which was very weak..) or Spiderman (whose existence is completely ignored even though he will be featured with Marvel rights in the movie soon), even though this series takes place in New York.

Laaaaaaaaaame.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    David Tennant is a better Purple Man , than he was a Doctor.. he was the absolute highlight of the series.

Did his accent make you wet? icon_lol.gif

Laaaaaaaaaame.

Nope, that's for my wife... River coming back in the december episode, all for me icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif