** Magneto (Marvel NOW!) ** [PRE 2015-03]

Comments

• Awww... I just got my 2* Mags to 3/3/3. Of course that's where he's gonna sit for a long, long time since Patch/Punisher/OBW rebuild are draining all my spare ISO. But in theory I might actually level up my 2* Magneto some day. I need more decent support characters to comply my tanks.
  • During the carnage that was the thick as thieves event I tried using mag 2* as an act of desperation and i have to say I was gladly surprised. I built him 4/5/4.

* For the blue skill, I know the sound of "clearing the board" is really enticing, but a 3 turn countdown is already a big risk investment and 4 turn (+increased ap cost) is simply not going to happen in pvp... although i guess is "possible" vs maggia and hammer dudes. In any case, at 9ap and blowing up a considerable portion of the board is a nice tool to have.
    * The 5 in purple are mandatory in my opinion as this skill is simple amazing. At the very least you can get 5 blue back and with a bit of planning you can get a lot more, critical tiles or even some targeted tile removal if the luck is on your side.
    * The red skill at level 4 is surprisingly good, being a 1 turn countdown for reasonable price, a 3x3 clearing can give you some cascades and the base damage is decent.

Against the maggia in particular, the tile breaking skills helped me greatly to fight the swarm of countdowns the maggia threw at me. The same goes for the purple skill that fueled the team with blue ap for his own blue skill or for other purposes. Granted, if he could place the countdown tiles it would be super awesome (especially the red one being a 1 turn timer). As it is, i found 2* mags fun to play. With that said, I'm not sure if I will put any more iso into him, but certainly is not a waste as i used to think... especially in a world where the fast skills are dissapearing.
  • When I fight a team of only Maggia/H.A.M.M.E.R, I pair Magneto (currently 3/4/2) up with Modern Storm and Original Black Widow. I don't use any boosts, enemy countdown timers never hit 0, and I finish every battle with all characters at full health.
  • Mikkola wrote:
    When I fight a team of only Maggia/H.A.M.M.E.R, I pair Magneto (currently 3/4/2) up with Modern Storm and Original Black Widow. I don't use any boosts, enemy countdown timers never hit 0, and I finish every battle with all characters at full health.

I usually swap out Storm for a better damage dealer. Between Magneto's purple and OBW's Blue I never take damage. Storm or even Juggernaut is nice for extra board control/countdown destruction, but for me the match goes on way too long without a heavy hitter. So it was usually Mag/OBW/Patch. Or Ast. Wolverine.
  • I have had magneto for about two months now and have been waiting for a purple cover to appear in all the tokens I have used.

Nothing.

Perhaps the devs would like to create a trade system, or even better a trade up system.

Surely 1000 of the 4000 yelena belova covers I have unlocked could be worth 1 purple mag cover. JAT
  • Not gonna happen. Money only goes one way. I have all the covers for all magnetos. I don't even remember how i got them. I just played and played and played and tomorrow Bravely default comes out so bye bye mpq. I wish i could give my cards away
  • I have had magneto for about two months now and have been waiting for a purple cover to appear in all the tokens I have used.

Nothing.

Perhaps the devs would like to create a trade system, or even better a trade up system.

Surely 1000 of the 4000 yelena belova covers I have unlocked could be worth 1 purple mag cover. JAT

Hell, I'd trade you a nearly complete 2** mag for 1000 yelena...that's 100k ISO.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    I have had magneto for about two months now and have been waiting for a purple cover to appear in all the tokens I have used.

Nothing.

Hell, I'd trade you a nearly complete 2** mag for 1000 yelena...that's 100k ISO.

Yeah, have fun selling all that ****
  • Kelbris wrote:
    I have had magneto for about two months now and have been waiting for a purple cover to appear in all the tokens I have used.

Nothing.

Yeah, have fun selling all that tinykitty

Lol I know. Even selling 80 takes about 45 min -1 hr due to lag.
  • My phone hung and restarted due to lacking in memory to load all those covers.
  • For what its worth, I've been trying to get a 4/5/4 Marvel Now Mag since pretty much the game launched and haven't completed it.

Marvel Now Mag is the only 2* I have yet to complete and I've sold multiple 4* Wolvie covers.
  • Have a 5/3/5 all from heroics (I'm pretty sure). Didn't know about this forum when I built him so he is one of two characters I will immediately respec as soon as we can. But he is only at level 20 since I've never had a need for him. Hoping to see him featured in a tourney at some point.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    For what its worth, I've been trying to get a 4/5/4 Marvel Now Mag since pretty much the game launched and haven't completed it.

Marvel Now Mag is the only 2* I have yet to complete and I've sold multiple 4* Wolvie covers.

This!

I picked up an invisible woman cover randomly. Mag seems like the rarest there is in the land of marvel PQ.
  • Marvel Now Mags has been a reward in a whole bunch of tourneys and probably will be in the future. That's how I got all mine after selling them, decided to make one and got them all from tourneys.

People have also said that Purple Bullseye is hard to get too, but I've found him easily enough. I can't get a Grey Suit Widow to save my life.
  • Funny, I think all but one of the 2* Mag covers I've gotten in packs have been purple. I'm sitting on him at 3/5/2 now.

Edit: Literally just pulled another purple cover from the PVP reward, an hour after typing this.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have problems with Magento too, with both of them. The 2* I have is 4/5/3 and I want one red cover more to 'finish' him and the Magneto classic red is the only 3* cover I don't have (a part from DD blue, but this one is very new).

It seems this game hates to give me red Magneto covers :S
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I jsut realized Magneto NOW is the only 2* char I don't have full covers for!
    He's sitting at 3/2/2 just now.
  • I'm pretty sure Bravely Default came out a long time ago.

Play the Jap version. Jap versions are always the best.

Jap games >>>>>>>> Translated games.
  • Why is this character never used for his own event or as part of a team up? For the last 100 days I swear I've only ever seen him as a reward once, never as part of the actual event. icon_mad.gif
  • I'd really like to level this guy but just can't find the spare ISO. He must be a beast in PVE events
This discussion has been closed.