Palokidow the new Thorverine ?

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
OBW with x/x/4+, Patch 5/x/x, Loki 1+/1+

Patch throws out the daggers, Loki turns purple daggers to shields, and OBW on the double tap.

... actually, I just wanted to say, "Palokidow"

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Patch & Loki will sure be friends, but OBW can be replaced. (And probably she will be missing on tournaments that require someone else)
  • Is it really that good? I mean, I personally don't have a max black Loki since I rarely use him or open packs with him. And really, 15 AP for Trickery isn't as fast as 6 AP Feral Claws for **Wolvie. OBW can't steal Black either since Loki will definitely match black unless he's really really lower level than OBW. And now boosts cost HP so even with 11 AP Trickery we can't rush it every fight either.

EDIT: If you want to use this, replace OBW with Punisher. Patch 5/3/5 will "tank" for Punisher at same level, and Punisher will tank black for Loki. Molotov Cocktail will give you more attack tiles, and Retribution can snipe for fast fights.
  • I don't have a max Loki - I dug him out of my archives - Level 24 with 2 black.

I let (like I have a choice) the goons drop strike tiles, gives time to build black and green, then I pop the claws, Loki casts black - about 6-7 turns in. Usually more than enough protect tiles created to absorb the tommyguns. Either your team takes no damage, or you get slaughtered. No middle ground. But so far this is the best I could come up with under the new regime.

and I get to say, "Palokidow!"

I do like the sound of Punisher, but mine is a meager 1/1/5. Palokisher just doesn't have the same ring to it, though...
  • OB-Patchoki has a more lyrical sound to it.
  • Blatchki ?
  • Never lvled my obw because spidey is better all around and I have loads of characters that need iso. But agreed the synergy here is awesome. I'm using an 8x loki with a 7x patch and spidey. It's a fair bit of fun. I actually enjoy illusion now. It's like playing the lottery. I need one more purple and black cover each though.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    OB-Patchoki has a more lyrical sound to it.

I hated Thorverine, really hoping some silly monikor doesn't get applied to the new flavour of the month... (but suspect it will lol)
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    Never lvled my obw because spidey is better all around and I have loads of characters that need iso. But agreed the synergy here is awesome. I'm using an 8x loki with a 7x patch and spidey. It's a fair bit of fun. I actually enjoy illusion now. It's like playing the lottery. I need one more purple and black cover each though.

Yea, Loki has been the real winner because of the changes in the past few weeks.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    if its at rank 5 loki's trickery isn't too bad to get enough AP for after a an illusions or two since you can get wild cascades with it sometimes.
  • Yea, Loki has been the real winner because of the changes in the past few weeks.

oh for so many things the Devs need to atone
    we know it is our cash they want to own
    but after the fall
    (and this says it all)
    they put the god of Mischief and Trouble on the MPQ throne

(never said I was a REAL poet...)
  • I think Patch Wolverine/Loki/Spiderman would be stronger.

Wolverine would be ran at 5/5/3 (for max damage). Compared to oBW, spiderman heals for more, and uses the blue to stun. He also creates protect tiles from purple matches, and that is even better with the enemy strike tiles that will turned in additional protect tiles by Loki.

I think oBW would do more damage, but having spider man in there i think would make that team a living nightmare to face, and for offense is the closest you can get to never use healthpacks ever again.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    OB-Patchoki has a more lyrical sound to it.

I hated Thorverine, really hoping some silly monikor doesn't get applied to the new flavour of the month... (but suspect it will lol)

Same here, but if it happens Adam's is the best so far.
  • For your consideration:
    Wilokatch. (pronounced "willow catch")

icon_cool.gif
  • Is it really that good? I mean, I personally don't have a max black Loki since I rarely use him or open packs with him. And really, 15 AP for Trickery isn't as fast as 6 AP Feral Claws for **Wolvie. OBW can't steal Black either since Loki will definitely match black unless he's really really lower level than OBW. And now boosts cost HP so even with 11 AP Trickery we can't rush it every fight either.

EDIT: If you want to use this, replace OBW with Punisher. Patch 5/3/5 will "tank" for Punisher at same level, and Punisher will tank black for Loki. Molotov Cocktail will give you more attack tiles, and Retribution can snipe for fast fights.
    It really is that good. Obviously the event buffs emphasized it hugely, but against those horrible Ares & feeder missions in Thick as Thieves it eliminates match damage and trivializes Rampage. This was using a 2/0 Loki. Sure, **Wolverine's faster, so's Daken, but 5 Berserker Rage + Trickery is just about an "I Win" button. If it weren't hard to pull off it'd be next on the funbalancing queue. Also worthless on defense, if you care, because there's next to no chance the AI will do it right. I think it's mostly a nice PvE setup for turning the tables on overwhelming level disparity.

You're right that getting Widow in there for Espionage is gimmicky and requires ****-Loki, though. You're getting Espionage only on blue if he's leveled, so you really want someone else in there for a maxed team, like Hulk feeding green and killing everyone if you can't get enough black and run out of patience, C.Storm being annoying with more AoE on a color you're not otherwise using, or something.
  • I like the name.