Gamora vs. Punisher

Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Thinking about adding one of these to the lineup, for pvp purposes mainly. Which one would you say is more intimidating on defense? Mainly for use in lightning rounds where they are boosted.

Gamora has a bit more hp, steady red dmg, green stun, powerful black if it ever goes off.

Punisher I don't see often enough to make any judgments.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends on the use.. my daily TBE team is Lthor, Pun, OBW..

Pun's red can take out a HUGE chunk of HP and kill a max 5* if you get it under 40% health.. retribution has no cap to it's damage like DP's "a little off the top"..
    Judgement makes strikes with his green.. but meh..
    Cocktail does the same damage at 3 covers that it does at 5, only the CD tile and attack tile are effected, but seriously, no-one is using it for those anyway... so his build is simple.

Gamora, her red is low AP, and likes to play spoiler.. pair with KK for constant heals and damage.
    skull cracker, stunning multiple opponents is fun, but meh.. like punisher, her green is negligible.
    Black, if she is tanking enough colors, or especially when the last person standing.. this is the reason to have her.. i built her 4/5/4 as the difference in 5 covers on black is negligible, but when boosted, her red is over 2k damage and can be used very often.

So, now who to choose? Both make strike tiles, both have sub-par but still annoying and useful greens...

It comes down to this for me.. Punisher can solo the final wave of TBE (if LThor goes down) which is why i bring him.. muscle ninja days, bad things can happen... Gamora, cannot.. If both were boosted .. i would always pick Punisher. Punisher's red is too good to pass up, and even in The Gauntlet, he can be used to down a lvl 395 Devil Dino once you get him to 40% health,, gamora could nick off Dino's toenail if she needed...not even close.

On Defense. depending on the team..you almost always have to kill punisher first. Whcih makes him a deterrent. Gamora may be annoying.. but Pun Pun being able to kill your max Hulkbuster with retribution because he is down to 7100hp for some reason, with 1 shot of his red.. can cause you to flat out lose to a 3* team. Strike tiles can be matched away, or cleared by JG easy enough.. death is a little harder to rebound from.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    On Defense. depending on the team..you almost always have to kill punisher first. Which makes him a deterrent. Gamora may be annoying.. but Pun Pun being able to kill your max Hulkbuster with retribution because he is down to 7100hp for some reason, with 1 shot of his red.. can cause you to flat out lose to a 3* team. Strike tiles can be matched away, or cleared by JG easy enough.. death is a little harder to rebound from.
    You're commenting as a person who's recently transitioned to a 4* roster. Personally, i think if we're playing with Hulkbuster in our team and Punisher could still one-shot him with Retribution, either something had gone wrong in the match (because we should be gathering redtile.png as often as we possible can) due to a bad board or bad cascades or we started with an unhealthy Hulkbuster (too many Overdrives, perhaps?).

Actually, in the instance i am referring to.. my IMHB ate a boosted uppercut, then died to Pun (which was an interesting team, but maybe all they had) .. i did win the match thankfully, but watching a full health hulkbuster die in 2 shots.. can make you remember yellow exists as a color on the board... and yah, the AI got some red because i was chasing purple for JG to clear cap cd tiles and shields (always at the beginning of any fight with cap, or against IF/Cage, so if they die, their tiles don't haunt you).. if i had killed Pun first.. instead of cap, Veronica would've been able to help out the rest of the match, instead of being a heap on the floor.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Finally decided to make a roster list in my signature like most other people. Some of the singletons near the bottom are probably not gonna last long tho as I need to make some space for event covers in my queue.

As for the whole Gamora vs Punisher, I was seeing if I could make a boosted team for lightning rounds so I could get higher placements. I've tried the ten seed games then climbing a bit, but the frenzy just has me getting attacked down towards the end. Wanted to make an obnoxiously tanky boosted team that most ppl would just skip over.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    At this point, I would just focus on the seed teams and what grinding you can do. Even with a trio of fully boosted 3* toons, I get hit all the time by other teams. The only really scary teams people will avoid are high level 4* or 5* teams.

At this point, the biggest thing you can get is the ISO to bank for leveling up your toons and focus on getting those PVE covers.