Steve Rogers 125 3/5/3
Blade 120 5/4/4
Deadpool 117 3/4/5
Squirrel Girl 115 4/5/4
Hulk 115 5/4/2
Mystique 114 4/4/5
Sam Wilson 114 3/5/5
Storm 114 5/3/5

Leaning towards Groot as being the next to get maxed out but would appreciate some thoughts. I think one more maxed out three star will help me get to 1K in PVP next season. Also thinking about Cage for the protect tile factor now that he is completely covered.

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cage should definitely be the priority over Groot. If I had a choice of fighting a Groot vs Cage, it is Groot all day long.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cage all day long. I started to prefer 5-3-5 build (when buffed 5 black is a monster and 3 red enough).

After that - probably Blade and Hulk before Groot (but that's me).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would max cage and get blade, deadpool, and steve up to 140. when you finish steve, max him. to me hulk's usefulness is minimal until he gets at least 4 black. he can be done later - I don't think you'll lean on him too much as he's spec'ed now.
  • Magic
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    I would max cage and get blade, deadpool, and steve up to 140. when you finish steve, max him. to me hulk's usefulness is minimal until he gets at least 4 black. he can be done later - I don't think you'll lean on him too much as he's spec'ed now.

Agree about Hulk. Don't agree about Deadpool - he needs 5 Red and 5 Purple to be who he is (imo).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    you're right magic - looked at hulk covers but completely skipped over deadpool. 5 red and any purple (obviously the more the better) make him somewhat useful. long-term, those are the more useful characters on the list though.
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cage was where I was leaning towards, so thanks.

Another question. Would it be worth ditching two-star Daken for two-star Ms. Marvel, just based on the sheer number of events where she's a required character?
  • Magic
    Options
    If you are using 2* in PVP and PVE I would prefer Daken (but I never played with Ms Marvel as she entered the game after I have transisioned). If you are using exclusively 3* to climb in PVP and play PVE than you don't need both of them.

What I do with 2* for essentials? I stash one cover of each and when they are required I just recruit one cover and play with strong team to beat the essential. Only 2* I keep is Ares, OBW, Thor and Storm for DDQ (thinking about cutting Storm from the group).
  • statnut
    Options
    The only time I use two stars are when they are boosted up. I also have a 3-star Daken at 89 with 12 covers. Just thinking that Ms Marvel tends to be a required character in PVE a bit, while Daren tends to gather rust on my roster.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* Daken is a great character to use especially in PVE since he heals. He can save a ton of healthpack.png
  • statnut
    Options
    madok wrote:
    3* Daken is a great character to use especially in PVE since he heals. He can save a ton of healthpack.png

Right. I'm talking about ditching 2*, since he's usually blocked out of PVE and I don't really use him in PVP.