*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... ut_Fear%29

tl;dr Max Level: Enemy match deals 7712 damage / Player match deals 148 damage to enemy
  • Clint wrote:
    Where is the crazy SOB out there that bought all his covers because they are DD's #1 fan? I want to know what his levels are for his abilities.

Hahaha. I was thinking the same thing, hoping someone post his abilities.

gosuGANK wrote:
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Daredevil_(Man_Without_Fear)

tl;dr Max Level: Enemy match deals 7712 damage / Player match deals 148 damage to enemy

Wow! If those are really his stats @ max level.
  • Interesting..if you clear it with a match 4* of any color it counts as a mat h and it reappears. Awesome. That means you cannot kill it by your own accidental cascades.
  • Okay, first impression from playing:
    1) useless against characters that rely on purple/yellow/black. They will ignore traps into oblivion.
    2) any tile changer will overwrite it. In my case it was Venom's Web.
    Overall, I think, he's too weak for now. If his traps were cheaper or easier to place, then he would be more useful. At least that's my first impression.
  • GEFPenst wrote:
    Okay, first impression from playing:
    1) useless against characters that rely on purple/yellow/black. They will ignore traps into oblivion.
    2) any tile changer will overwrite it. In my case it was Venom's Web.
    Overall, I think, he's too weak for now. If his traps were cheaper or easier to place, then he would be more useful. At least that's my first impression.

doesn't venom's web change green? are you sure you weren't just stunned and then the trap didn't go off because it got cleared while DD was stunned
  • Nope, it was blue trap, then Venom stunned and changed color of tile to green Web. I then matched it to see what will happen - it nothing happened, obviously.
    Dunno about tile-destructors - I expected 4-match to destroy it, not to trigger.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love his blue ability.

Seriously, 7 blue to deploy and +1 blue when it is matched. Combine that with OBW's espionage and things could get silly.

And people match environment tiles because they run out of moves, or because it will trigger a cascade. I'll often match 3 enviros if it drops a four in a row higher up the board.

People also match swamp or desert tiles out of choice, as a 5 in a row or as an only move available. It won't happen too often, but -6 to all AP is devestating. Especially if he has a friend like Ares to use the AP.

With the new 1 loss in PvP rules, even having this time matched 1 in 10 battles could generate enough wins to be worth it.
  • Anyone know when you think he will be added to the Heroic Token pull??
  • Anyone know when you think he will be added to the Heroic Token pull??

I believe IceIX has said new characters are put in the pool about a month after being released. But we can't know for sure with DD.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    I love his blue ability.

Seriously, 7 blue to deploy and +1 blue when it is matched. Combine that with OBW's espionage and things could get silly.

And people match environment tiles because they run out of moves, or because it will trigger a cascade. I'll often match 3 enviros if it drops a four in a row higher up the board.

People also match swamp or desert tiles out of choice, as a 5 in a row or as an only move available. It won't happen too often, but -6 to all AP is devestating. Especially if he has a friend like Ares to use the AP.

With the new 1 loss in PvP rules, even having this time matched 1 in 10 battles could generate enough wins to be worth it.

I feel like the enviro tile matching is only good if you are going to use it on offense, as the AI tends to like matching enviros a lot. Same goes for your AI team on defense, if you plant the enviro trap, chances are, your AI would match most of it and all you would get are extra purples to plant more not so effective enviro tiles. I personally will be using DD to replace my spiderman on defense team, with a 3/5/5 build as that seems to be most annoying to go against.
  • So my feeling is he could be pretty good as a support character:

1. Line clears not directly used by a power (cascades, 4* match, etc) activate the trap both offensively or defensively. So you literally have to use a POWER to destroy it.

2. His red does pretty impressive damage.

3. Blue is pretty decent and the getting blue back for a match is nice too.

4. Purple is hard to avoid for the machine..they LOVE those environment tiles.

Dude is a tapdancing fiend lol.

Was teaming him at lvl 20 with a 35 hood...so know its not exactly the best setup for seeing how good he is, but the combo was pretty solid for getting multiple blue and red tiles out. A team of hood/dare/punisher could be pretty good. Red works with strike tiles (?..I'll confirm in a min). All colors covered....u don't have to use hood's awful black. Hp pool is low though.

Edit: confirmed the red double dipping just like obw.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    He's more of a niche player. too often his traps ended up in the corners and did nothing. His abilities should be a little cheaper so they can me used more often to make up for this. And the traps do go away when he dies.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Thanos wrote:
    He's more of a niche player. too often his traps ended up in the corners and did nothing. His abilities should be a little cheaper so they can me used more often to make up for this. And the traps do go away when he dies.

Loki could be a big help in that regard, but he overlaps with DD on purples. But DD's purple is his weakest ability.

Patch, Loki, DD?

Could work, but not muchn the way of defense.
  • I took him for a spin against prologue missions, and his effects seemed to trigger whenever the tile was destroyed, no matter how it was destroyed. One example: the ai matched a 4 on the same line as my hidden tile, and when the row got destroyed, it triggered the effect.

I think he's fun so far.
  • Toxicadam wrote:

Loki could be a big help in that regard, but he overlaps with DD on purples. But DD's purple is his weakest ability.

Patch, Loki, DD?

Could work, but not muchn the way of defense.

That was my first thought of how to use him too. I will go test it out in prologue - oscorp. Getting excited for oscorp heroic mode! It sounds like the debs are going to give away lots of boosts and iso to make up for the leveling issues in thick as thieves and the boost price increase. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since traps can be over-written, facing 2* Wolvie or Daken could pose trouble if you want to pull off Ambush. Punisher or Doctor Doom should be added to that list, as they both have abilities that write specifically to Red tiles, just not quite at the frequency. And although Patch's red also writes to Red tiles, you probably have more to worry about if he's activating that.

Moonstone would be great for setting up matches, but sharing two colors makes me a little hesitant.

Is this the beginning of a glorious Bag-man era?
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Since traps can be over-written, facing 2* Wolvie or Daken could pose trouble if you want to pull off Ambush. Punisher or Doctor Doom should be added to that list, as they both have abilities that write specifically to Red tiles, just not quite at the frequency. And although Patch's red also writes to Red tiles, you probably have more to worry about if he's activating that.

Moonstone would be great for setting up matches, but sharing two colors makes me a little hesitant.

Is this the beginning of a glorious Bag-man era?
    I swear Patch + Bag-Man should work. You'd just be using him because you don't have Bag Lady, obviously, but still, I am adamant that he has become worthwhile, sort of.

I'll await (or do, if I get a chance) further testing, but I doubt Wolverine or Daken can overwrite them. They write their strike tiles onto an open basic red only, which is basically how Wolverine wrecks Daken or vice versa. I think Venom's green spawn has always possessed Classic Magneto/Captain America style gittishness. Also worth bearing in mind a defending player can't reliably overwrite traps with a placed ability, because they don't know where they are. Thunderous Clap might start seeing more use, though.

Can Thor's tile spawns overwrite enemy specials? I think the yellow from Mjolnir's used to, but not sure, and either way I still wouldn't know if those 9 green he can do now are able to.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Veracity wrote:
    I'll await (or do, if I get a chance) further testing, but I doubt Wolverine or Daken can overwrite them. They write their strike tiles onto an open basic red only, which is basically how Wolverine wrecks Daken or vice versa.

I played one of the prologue missions with Daken in it and his Strikes were overwriting. There's a little "Trap Disarmed!" that pops up over the tile.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Mawtful wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    I'll await (or do, if I get a chance) further testing, but I doubt Wolverine or Daken can overwrite them. They write their strike tiles onto an open basic red only, which is basically how Wolverine wrecks Daken or vice versa.
    I played one of the prologue missions with Daken in it and his Strikes were overwriting. There's a little "Trap Disarmed!" that pops up over the tile.
    Ew. Ok, so a new **Wolverine sitting on about 12-18 red can basically forget the red traps exist. Won't help AI Wolverine much, but gives players using him one fairly easy out.

Anyone confirmed a match-3 caused by Gravity Warp triggers them? I would assume so, but think I'll check. Can only trigger my own, though, because if I wait for the AI to use Gravity Warp properly by accident I'll get back to you in April.

Edit: it does, unsurprisingly. Also got a Muscle to trigger one and stun himself from a cascade off his Tommy Gun, which was tactically questionable, but amusing.
  • the new trap mechanic is super fun. i also went into the prologue missions to try him out with hood.

it was ridiculously amusing sitting there waiting for the red tile to be matched. i think all his skills are strong and really any build with him is fine.

if only there was true pvp i think i would sit there laughing my **** off at all the exploding traps