Cover Slots - How Many do you have? How do I manage covers?

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I have 40 and I have trouble with deciding what covers to keep and what covers to sell. How do you decide which covers to keep and which covers to sell?

Comments

• If you have 40 slots then I don't see why it's even a problem.. there are currently only 26 different characters in the game. If you have that many slots, keep one of each. Sell any extras you have when you have already maxed the character. No real point in having more than 1 of each character, unless you have a ton of Iso you want to waste
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    Why do you have 40!?

I have 22 slots at the moment, soon to be 23. I keep anything I get, sell the dupes.
  • He's gotta mean actual covers... either that or he's joking.

I've got 24 cover slots atm and I'm getting to the point where its time to fork out a lot of cash to expand or start deleting covers. You start deleting covers and your SOL when they have a tournament that buffs someone you got rid of. Then you either tough it out or you're forced to buy them all over again.

The last thread I saw talking about cover slots got deleted. Not sure exactly why but there was a little bit of complaining going on over the increasing cover slot prices. Surely it wasn't over that.... icon_e_confused.gif
  • 19. I have 18 different characters + one spot free. I keep all the characters now.
    I was selling the Black Widow and Hawkeye covers, but I changed my mind, I've sold a lot of their covers in the past but I'm sure I'll get enough covers to max them eventually as they are only 1*.
  • Have 26/29 slots full. The only cover I have multiple of is Classic Storm... Just couldn't get myself to sell off my spare Classic Storm covers.
  • I'm sitting at 24 covers. It's basically the only thing I spend hero points on since they made slots so expensive. I'm not too interested in Hawkeye Classic or Bag Man anyway and I haven't come across a Ragnarok yet, so it works well enough for now.
  • I have 23 slots and 22 different characters. The only guy I have deleted is Dakan. Screw em.

The three I haven't gotten yet are Grey Suit Widow, Classic Magneto and Ragnorak.
  • I keep all characters I get and currently sitting on 24 cover slots. I do not plan to delete any of characters, you never know who and when will become handy, like Jugg last week.
  • To be honest.. some covers are useless even with the buffs they give out in tournaments. a +200% hawkeye is still worthless if you have two other strong characters
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    Classic Hawkeye's got a 4.5 multiplier on crit hits. That's not too bad *shrug*.
  • Dninot wrote:
    Classic Hawkeye's got a 4.5 multiplier on crit hits. That's not too bad *shrug*.

Good luck with that, chances are his tile values are too low for that to even matter
  • I don't think you can get more than 40 slots. I don't have an option to obtain more.

I think I have all Heroes and Villains (26?)
    Captain America 3/5/5
    Iron Man Model 35 5/5/3
    Storm Modern 5/5/3
    Storm Classic 5/5/4
    Black Widow 5/5
    Hawkeye 5/5
    Juggernaut 5/5
    Venom 5/5
    Yelena Belova 5/5
    Thor 5/4/4
    Iron Man Model 40 5/5/3
    Wolverine Astonishing X-Men 5/5/3
    Daken 5/5
    Black Widow Grey Suit 5/3/5
    Loki 3/5
    Spider Man Classic 5/5/3
    Ragnarok 5/5
    Magneto Marvel Now 4/5/4
    Moonstone 5/5/3
    The Hood 5/5/3
    Doctor Doom 5/5
    Hawkeye 4/4/5
    Spider Man Bag Man 3/5/5
    Bullseye 5/5
    Magneto Classic 3/4/1
    Wolverine X-Force 1/0/0 (So far 2* Wolverine has been more troublesome than this guy)

Duplicates (not leveled) If 2* are uncommon and 3* are rare, why do I feel like I'm always selling them? It would have been better to sell the covers but I really hate selling them.
    Bullseye 5/3
    Captain America 4/3/2
    Daken 4/4
    Venom 4/4
    Thor 3/1/2
    Spider Man Bag Man 2/2/2
    Moonstone 2/1/2
    Iron Man Model 35 2/2/1
    Spider Man Classic 1/1/0
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    Dninot wrote:

Good luck with that, chances are his tile values are too low for that to even matter

I've been cycling him as my third in the Iron Man Model 40 tournament. I've found him to be useful if he doesn't die. That critical tile placement matching 2+ red/blue/yellow tiles destroys enemies with that 8.5x multiplier. I love using it on those level 115 Ragnaroks.

I've also been using Wolverine, Daken, Both Storms. I prefer modern storm but she dies too fast, since she's always picking up green and black.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I don't think you can get more than 40 slots. I don't have an option to obtain more.

So you weren't joking... icon_eek.gif

Good to know that 40 is the current cap.