Is it time? Looking for advice

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
I have been playing for over a year and I recently completed covering 98% of my 3*'s to optimal builds. It's time for me to move to 4* land but my roster is between levels 110-130 as I've been scared to level due to PVE scaling. Well, I am sick of grinding for Legendary tokens that yield me StarLords (now 2/2/2, all from Legendaries!) and it's time I try to reach 1000 in PVP. Currently I can reach up to 750 before I hit the wall of fully leveled characters as well as becoming a target and losing points fast.

Should I just stop being a wimp and level my characters? I currently have 1.25M ISO so the Iso to do this now.

Any particular characters I should keep low level? (e.g. Hood, Loki).

Any suggestions would be great. The link to my roster is on my signature.

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you can level the big five (IF, HB, JG, Bobby, and KP) definitely do it. Maxing them might not necessarily be the best option, but you should be able to safely take those to 150-180 and see a huge improvement in scoring.

From there I would just try to level boosted toons up to somewhat equal levels.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Take 6-9 of your best 2-3 teams to 166 immediately. I was the same and kept my roster at 120 for a long time. Then in July, I took 3-4 to 166, and then another every week after that. Now I have 16 at 166 and for the last two months, I have easily earned 80+ 4* covers (more than the amount I earned 8 months before). All from 1k progress rewards, legendary tokens and in the last patch event, I even cracked 1300 for the first time.

You'll even have enough iso to take 1-2 4* to decent levels afterwards.

As for keeping some characters levels low, my Loki and hood are at 135 but if I had the iso, I would also max them. PVP is all about health, and that little bit more means they will survive longer. Tanking only really matters in PVE when you're grinding the nodes to 1.

Edit: the other reason to be at 166 is, 5* doesn't really affect your scaling. So you can crack those legendary tokens and recruit any 5* you happen to pull.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    until you get your 4*s up and running, I'd start with fist, witch, Cyclops, cage, and mags. then add panther, KK and steve (for your pve scaling increases). possibly thor too. with that core, you could do a ton. after that, I'd bring the next level of guys and make sure they were 140 - guys like torch, blade, deadpool, patch, doom. then there's the tanks that only become useful if tanking colors - hulk, marvel, gamora, and to a lesser extent, vision - they can come last, but if boosted above your other guys, they can become very useful. also keep in mind tanking when placing your hood and loki - they will be used, but keeping hood off yellow and, to a lesser extent, keeping loki off purple can be difficult.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you can, re-spec doom to 5/3/5 (personal opinion) he completes a perfect rainbow with LThor.. that team helped me get there, because regardless of who the featured was, i had actives on each.. sub out Ldaken for Doom if boosted.

Cyc when boosted, and IF when boosted make a hardcore 2 man team that can take down big teams as well.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    If you can, re-spec doom to 5/3/5 (personal opinion) he completes a perfect rainbow with LThor.. that team helped me get there, because regardless of who the featured was, i had actives on each.. sub out Ldaken for Doom if boosted.

Cyc when boosted, and IF when boosted make a hardcore 2 man team that can take down big teams as well.

I have been trying to gain Doom purple since they added the 3rd ability! I finally got him to 4/5/4. I'm not too keen on his Black. Normally I pair him with Cage, BP or Cyclops for their black abilities. I like that his Blue transforms all blue tiles, there's no luck involved like KK's.