Roster Help

Options
2»

Comments

• Pogo wrote:
    Oof. I don't like 3-star Bullseye very much, but the other three that you pulled are serious business. I hope you don't have to choose just one.

(For what it's worth, Scarlet Witch should be a DDQ very soon)
    I was worried that would be the case. Really enjoyed playing as DP in PVE and SheHulk and SW seem to be pretty popular.
    TxMoose wrote:
    I'd prioritize witch and deadpool over the other 2. witch is so useful at nearly all levels of play (if blue was covered during my 2* days, her and obw or hawkeye would be sick - still use her with mnmags for things).
    I think I'll grab SW now and try and work some HP from wherever I can (I think there's still a bit left in the prologue). DP and SW have 11 days left so there's definitely still time. Shehulk has 7 days so I'll pick her up with anything left. I wish there was some sort of exchange system for command points as I've 18 but I'm months and years away from actively recruiting legendaries.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wish there was some sort of exchange system for command points as I've 18 but I'm months and years away from actively recruiting legendaries.

Well then just bank them and resist the temptation to use them. They won't expire and in theory they might make them more useful for lower level rosters in the future.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if SS or OML will really screw your pve scaling, I'd just wait until later. so much of this game is long-term. unless you view the game as a flash in the pan that you will get bored of and put aside, I'd work with long-term goals in mind. things like hoarding tokens and CPs go against the tendencies of most, but can be very effective. I hoarded LTs until OML came out and opened a ton of them, and got both SS and OML. it doesn't always work out that way, but unless you give it a chance to, it won't.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    3* Scarlet Witch green
    3* Deadpool red
    3* Bullseye purple
    3* SheHulk green
    I'd prioritize witch and deadpool over the other 2. witch is so useful at nearly all levels of play (if blue was covered during my 2* days, her and obw or hawkeye would be sick - still use her with mnmags for things).

So I grabbed SW (and grabbed her DDQ cover) but I accidentally won 4* Antman from the PVE event. I didn't realize playing all the nodes added up to the final so now I've got more choices.

3* She Hulk green 2d
    3* Deadpool red 6d
    4* Ant man 13d

Is Ant man any good? I wasn't super enthused playing with him in PVE but maybe there's a use for him I'm just not seeing?
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So I grabbed SW (and grabbed her DDQ cover) but I accidentally won 4* Antman from the PVE event. I didn't realize playing all the nodes added up to the final so now I've got more choices.

Is Ant man any good? I wasn't super enthused playing with him in PVE but maybe there's a use for him I'm just not seeing?

It depends on who you're up against, but if you fired any of his powers with the loaner, you probably have a good idea what you'd be working with. He's all about special tiles.

His purple just keeps generating purple attack tiles every turn as long as the trap tile doesn't get matched.
    His blue steals enemy tiles as long as the countdown is still going
    His yellow creates countdowns that deal minor damage every turn and then create strike tiles.

Plus, recasting his purple or blue while the associated tile is still on the board deals raw damage to the enemy. At full-covers, this saved my butt multiple times in the PVE. If you save up enough AP, it's really useful.

It's a bit of a downside that his attack tiles are always purple, because you'll likely have to break them to get enough AP to cast again. Same with his yellow. The countdowns are always red, and the resulting Strikes are always yellow. If the board starts to get starved for any of these colors, you won't get the full value out of casting.

None of his abilities are especially expensive for the "value", and I think the offensive options make him more useful than other YBP support characters like Spider-Man or Falcon. As far as his utility in a team, look at any characters whose powers are affected by friendly special tiles. Also, who has RGK? Punisher, Hulk, Gamora, Torch-- characters whose raw damage could be quickly bolstered by the special tiles.

Also, I try harder to keep 4-star characters when I can, because having access to their Essential node in a PVE usually makes a big difference for my ranking (and by extension, Hero Points). Also, as my roster grows in levels, my front page is kinda starved for Purple-users. It'd take several covers to bring him to the front, but I could definitely see him working with some of my bruisers.