Rags...

Options
Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
So I'm in the 2-3* transition and MPQ keeps feeding me Ragnarok covers... icon_neutral.gif He seems pretty garbo and I've already junked a few of his covers but I keep getting more, so...does anyone have any positives or suggestions to possibly leveling a Ragnarok? His stats and abilities are so terrible. icon_cry.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tryke wrote:
    So I'm in the 2-3* transition and MPQ keeps feeding me Ragnarok covers... icon_neutral.gif He seems pretty garbo and I've already junked a few of his covers but I keep getting more, so...does anyone have any positives or suggestions to possibly leveling a Ragnarok? His stats and abilities are so terrible. icon_cry.gif

I love my Rags! His green is meh, but his really cheap Red creating blues, and his blues creating charged green, makes him the perfect pairing with KK if you are transitioning. The cheap red keeps heals coming, save his blue for when you are about to either die, or use KK's purple.. so you can snap up those charged tiles. (works well with LThor as well), and depending on level and where you are in transition, him making blues, accelerates 2* storm as well.

Add in High HP, good match damage, so he tanks.. and a self heal if needed, he can tank many matches for you.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Tryke wrote:

I love my Rags! His green is meh, but his really cheap Red creating blues, and his blues creating charged green, makes him the perfect pairing with KK if you are transitioning. The cheap red keeps heals coming, save his blue for when you are about to either die, or use KK's purple.. so you can snap up those charged tiles. (works well with LThor as well), and depending on level and where you are in transition, him making blues, accelerates 2* storm as well.

Add in High HP, good match damage, so he tanks.. and a self heal if needed, he can tank many matches for you.
    This. Rags works best as a feeder for other attacks. Right now in Prodigal Sun I enjoy running Rags + Doom + Cage. Rags' red creates blue tiles, which Doom can convert to black tiles, to feed Cage's Jab, Jab, Cross. I also had lot of fun pairing Rags and Kamala (as mentioned above) in the Simulator...
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yay finally some upside. Made some very good points. Seeing as I abuse stormneto quite a bit, might be a good option for me.

So I'm guessing 3/5/5 is the way to go since you say his green is bad?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tryke wrote:
    Yay finally some upside. Made some very good points. Seeing as I abuse stormneto quite a bit, might be a good option for me.

So I'm guessing 3/5/5 is the way to go since you say his green is bad?
    I had him at 3/5/5 but decided to respec to 5/5/3. There are definitely better greens... but when you have to use it you want it to do as much damage as possible. The difference between 3 and 5 blue seems fairly neglible too.
    I haven't really tried out the new blue/green interaction though. I mostly use his red. icon_e_smile.gif
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got a large run of Rags too lately, so I leveled him right when Prodigal Son started, and Kingpin and Rags carried me to 1st place overall (assuming nobody else cared about the event). I'm sure going to miss those 2800+ Godlike Powers though...

He feels slower than he should for some reason, but I can't put my finger on it. It's not the 14 greenflag.png for Godlike.