Need help with roster.

Unknown
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Been playing for a few weeks now and I believe I have a nice roster. I have 10 roster spots and about 10 rewards sitting there which are mostly 2*. I'm out of space but I the deadline to claim my rewards is approaching and I'm it sure how to go about it can someone help me please.

Roster
1* Storm, Black Widow and Juggernaut.
2* Magneto, Storm, Hawkeye.
3* Human Torch and Daken
4* Invisible Woman and Mr Fantastic

Some of my rewards are 2* Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ares and multiple Thor's.

I have leveled my 1* which is why I'm holding on to them but what should I do I need another 100 hero coins in order to buy space but there is no fast solution that I know off and I'm not looking to spend money yet.

Comments

• Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    CruzCtrl wrote:
    Been playing for a few weeks now and I believe I have a nice roster. I have 10 roster spots and about 10 rewards sitting there which are mostly 2*. I'm out of space but I the deadline to claim my rewards is approaching and I'm it sure how to go about it can someone help me please.

Roster
    3* Human Torch and Daken

Some of my rewards are 2* Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ares and multiple Thor's.

I have leveled my 1* which is why I'm holding on to them but what should I do I need another 100 hero coins in order to buy space but there is no fast solution that I know off and I'm not looking to spend money yet.

I'm kinda going through this same issue at higher levels. I'll tell you what they told me.

At first, I found the forums and subforum categorization kinda unintuitive. A couple folks were nice enough to link me to some leveling guides, and a bunch of them are categorized as "announcements" in the Tips & Guides section.

Polarity's guide gives good advice even starting from day 1, take a look when you have a chance: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

Have you already burned through all the Prologue chapters? Do you play mostly PVE or PVP, or a mixture of both?

It's hard to tell how good your roster is just by names alone. A Gamependium roster would be helpful for people to take a closer look: http://mpq.gamependium.com/

It's just a tool that lets you plug in numbers for your roster for quick reference. You don't have to link it to your game login or anything like that. That way we'll be able to see who's already an investment & who's easily replaceable.

One big problem I had was always opening tokens right away. If you don't have roster space open, it's a good idea to save up your unopened tokens. Covers may expire, but tokens don't. They're designed to be tempting, but you need to resist it until it's safe. Hero Points are going to come slowly, and depending on how aggressively you play, it might turn out that SHIELD Resupply rewards could be your most reliable source of Hero Points.

If your 2-star characters are already pretty strong, you'll probably be able to get rid of 1-storm and 1-widow. It's always a shame to cut a character who's maxed out (or close to it), and if you find yourself using them often, I wouldn't ditch them just yet. Eventually the one-star characters will be pretty worthless. Even at max level, they just won't have the health or the damage to be worth bringing into battle. Many players keep one basic character to use in the Deadpool Daily Quests. I was recently advised to keep only Juggernaut, since he has high health and even his self-damaging attack doesn't put him at risk in that particular mission.

It's important that you don't rush to keep high-star characters. I deleted a lot of 2-star characters to make room for 3-star characters, but many of my 3-star characters are so weak that I can't effectively use them against the strength of enemies that I'm put up against. 2-star characters are very frequently powered up during events, and they tend to have more practical powers, good for most situations.

If you're trying to decide who to keep, it's a good idea to look at what your go-to team is lacking. I use 2-Storm and 2-Magneto all the time, so I like my 3rd character to be somebody with Black. It sounds like Daken and Human Torch can fill this need, but Captain Marvel would do the job too. Of course, you might not have the same playstyle or priorities that I do, so your needs may differ.

You mentioned you have multiple Thor covers waiting. Do you mean you have several covers for a Thor, or you have different Thor characters (2-star, 3-star) waiting? If you already have multiple covers available, that can give you a little bit of a head start in leveling.

Personally, I don't really like 2-star Captain America. His powers have pretty high AP costs, so it can take a while to get him going.
  • Before I start, please take note that this is my opinion and you can choose not to take it.

From what I can see, your 3* and 4* characters are probably of 1 cover each only. At your current stage, I do not believe you are ready to make the transition to 3* or even 4* yet. Hence, for that reason, I would probably cut 3* human torch or even 4* IW.
    Why? Simply because your PVE is based off your three highest characters which is that two level 70 and the next highest probably. By probably cutting one, you may get even simpler nodes.

Of cos 4* are rare, but building a solid 2* team is important. If you are unwilling to cut your 4*, then I would suggest taking out 1* BW and 1* Storm to make room for characters like ares, thor which can go a long way into building a solid 2* team.

As mentioned by Pogo, you should probably hold off opening anymore event tokens for the reason that you do not have anymore slots to recruit heroes. Continue opening standard tokens however, to get your 2* from there. Join an alliance to accelerate your HP growth.
  • Pogo wrote:
    CruzCtrl wrote:

Roster
    3* Human Torch and Daken

I'm kinda going through this same issue at higher levels. I'll tell you what they told me.

At first, I found the forums and subforum categorization kinda unintuitive. A couple folks were nice enough to link me to some leveling guides, and a bunch of them are categorized as "announcements" in the Tips & Guides section.

Polarity's guide gives good advice even starting from day 1, take a look when you have a chance: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

Have you already burned through all the Prologue chapters? Do you play mostly PVE or PVP, or a mixture of both?

It's hard to tell how good your roster is just by names alone. A Gamependium roster would be helpful for people to take a closer look: http://mpq.gamependium.com/

It's just a tool that lets you plug in numbers for your roster for quick reference. You don't have to link it to your game login or anything like that. That way we'll be able to see who's already an investment & who's easily replaceable.

One big problem I had was always opening tokens right away. If you don't have roster space open, it's a good idea to save up your unopened tokens. Covers may expire, but tokens don't. They're designed to be tempting, but you need to resist it until it's safe. Hero Points are going to come slowly, and depending on how aggressively you play, it might turn out that SHIELD Resupply rewards could be your most reliable source of Hero Points.

If your 2-star characters are already pretty strong, you'll probably be able to get rid of 1-storm and 1-widow. It's always a shame to cut a character who's maxed out (or close to it), and if you find yourself using them often, I wouldn't ditch them just yet. Eventually the one-star characters will be pretty worthless. Even at max level, they just won't have the health or the damage to be worth bringing into battle. Many players keep one basic character to use in the Deadpool Daily Quests. I was recently advised to keep only Juggernaut, since he has high health and even his self-damaging attack doesn't put him at risk in that particular mission.

It's important that you don't rush to keep high-star characters. I deleted a lot of 2-star characters to make room for 3-star characters, but many of my 3-star characters are so weak that I can't effectively use them against the strength of enemies that I'm put up against. 2-star characters are very frequently powered up during events, and they tend to have more practical powers, good for most situations.

If you're trying to decide who to keep, it's a good idea to look at what your go-to team is lacking. I use 2-Storm and 2-Magneto all the time, so I like my 3rd character to be somebody with Black. It sounds like Daken and Human Torch can fill this need, but Captain Marvel would do the job too. Of course, you might not have the same playstyle or priorities that I do, so your needs may differ.

You mentioned you have multiple Thor covers waiting. Do you mean you have several covers for a Thor, or you have different Thor characters (2-star, 3-star) waiting? If you already have multiple covers available, that can give you a little bit of a head start in leveling.

Personally, I don't really like 2-star Captain America. His powers have pretty high AP costs, so it can take a while to get him going.

Hi, here is the link to my roster http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/kb2424/.

I'm still in the Venom stage but I have been doing a lot of story since I have been getting lots of rewards. I do have about 3 2* covers for the same Thor. My worry is that I have spent some iso on my 1* team and feel like selling for example my storm would just be a waste. I did read that guide so thats why I kept Jugger, Storm and Black Widow I just dont know how to go about this roster problem.

I have been using Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch and Daken seems like my strongest team but I have not been able to develop them because they are so rare. I guess developing 2* is the way to go then.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I definitely understand not wanting to get rid of characters, especially after investing the ISO, but in the grand scheme of things, you haven't really put THAT much ISO into your 1-star characters. Higher-star characters are gonna suck up TONS of ISO by comparison. I actually built up a Juggernaut from scratch in under a week, just using Standard tokens, previously unearned Prologue mission rewards, and a chunk of ISO I had saved up combined with the daily Deadpool ISO.

I sold a fully-covered, fully-leveled 2 star character who was honestly pretty useful, just because I had a 3-star that I couldn't bear to sell. I've had to sell a couple 3-star characters who I'd built up kinda far, because I knew they had very limited utility, and the characters waiting to be picked up would be very useful later on.

Transitioning from 1-star to 2-star is a lot easier (faster, and less painful) than going from 2-star to 3-star. If you're already comfortable using your powerful characters, and you don't use your 1-stars that much, it's reasonable to start cutting them. It sucks, sure, but at least yours aren't completely maxed out like mine were when I had to sell them. There are tons more 3-star characters than any other star level, so it's easy to get carried away & miss out on strengthening a core of 2-star characters (I messed this up for myself bigtime). I'm not saying sell off your 3 & 4 star characters, but realize that a maxed-out 2-star is still very useful once you have a lot of 3 and 4 star characters. (a 2-star caps at level 94, but a basic 4-star is only level 70 & won't have more than 1 castable ability)

The other thing to keep in mind is that there's a lot of 1-star covers given out as rewards throughout the whole Prologue. If you haven't gone past the Venom part, you've still got lots of covers as mission rewards heading your way. You can always regain a character you've sold, and it's very easy to do with 1-stars. Between mission rewards and Standard tokens, you'll be swimming in them.

Between Reed, Daken, and Torch, you've got match damage all accounted for, but you don't really have many castable powers.

Based on who you listed as pending rewards (Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ares, and Thor),

Cut 1-Storm, add Thor & stack on however many covers you have waiting for him.

If you use your Black Widow for her stun ability (she could work with Torch & Reed in Daken's place), it would make sense to hold onto her, but if you don't use her at all, you may as well cut her too. Ares can get scary-strong, but Captain Marvel might be a good choice if you want another color, since Thor/Ares have the exact same colors. If you just can't fit everybody, that's okay. You're gonna get a lot more of these same covers. Same is kinda true with the 3-stars. They'll always come around again eventually, but just not as soon as the 2-stars. Make sure you save room for 2-star Black Widow (or at least, decide in advance who you'll be willing to cut once she comes along). I went a long time without adding her, and I regret it. Even though she's relatively low level, she can be really useful on a high-level team against certain opponents, as long as the other 2 on your team are strong enough to protect her.

Your 2-star Storm might seem useless right now since all she can do is counterattack, but she and 2-Star Magneto work very well together, and I recommend keeping the two of them & building them up over time to help you fight disproportionately strong opponents. Even if they don't become your main focus, they're very useful.

If you're only at the Venom part of the Prologue and you haven't done Oscorp or Dark Avengers chapters yet, then you've got some more Hero Points mission rewards to look forward to. There should be at least 100 HP in rewards, probably a bit more, if you haven't gotten into those yet. You might not get them soon enough to save another character from expiring, but you'll be able to make use of them soon enough.

Another thing I'll say is that you shouldn't automatically get rid of the 2-star versions of Daken and Human Torch if you come across them. Their abilities are basically the same as the 3s, but because 2-star versions develop faster, they'll almost certainly outpace your 3-star versions.

I know it doesn't help to talk about characters who aren't part of the problem at hand, I just want to make sure you're not making the same mistakes I made.