STockpile +3 becomes 100 HP?!?!?!!

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Why would the designers increases the cost of the boosters :< making me unable to get them now at the cheaper prices ><

Comments

• I think you just answered your own question.
  • Making +3 colours pay to win will help cut down on the double boosting for turn 1 stun locks and massive snowballing damage. However I would have rather it be removed all together.
    At least I was able to abuse the double boosts while it lasted.
  • I guess this game has become pay to win. All pay to win games automatically become very bad games as the developers have no idea what they are doing anymore.
  • pulis wrote:
    I guess this game has become pay to win. All pay to win games automatically become very bad games as the developers have no idea what they are doing anymore.

The main problem is that they publish patch notes, but keep on putting in them only minor stuff, like "we changed the color of SKIP button", omitting stuff which is really important for players...

childish behaviour - do they think that we won't find out anyway? lol...
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Basically it became mandatory to use it to be competitive at higher level pvp so they nerfed it hard. Now nobody can use it on every match. It is not some nefarious plot to get more money from customers since basically no one will buy them now. Since you don't have to use them any more to stay competitive you will actually save some iso you would otherwise spend on boosts. Isn't that nice. Unfortunately they decided to chance it in the middle of high level pve event where those boosts were pretty much mandatory to be able to beat those lvl 230 enemies consistently. But maybe they can now balance future events with the assumption people will not be using boosts in them.
  • poomermon wrote:
    Basically it became mandatory to use it to be competitive at higher level pvp so they nerfed it hard. Now nobody can use it on every match. It is not some nefarious plot to get more money from customers since basically no one will buy them now. Since you don't have to use them any more to stay competitive you will actually save some iso you would otherwise spend on boosts. Isn't that nice. Unfortunately they decided to chance it in the middle of high level pve event where those boosts were pretty much mandatory to be able to beat those lvl 230 enemies consistently. But maybe they can now balance future events with the assumption people will not be using boosts in them.

Thank you. I agree completely. I'm happy with the changes they made in the patch. Sure the timing was a little off, like you said, but in the long run it makes things more interesting. The game seems to be going towards "strategy and team building" rather than "push button get bacon".

Side note: How is this topic a tip or a guide? Seems more like Wrath Baby knee jerk whining.
  • Why, so you can keep spending your $. HP does not grow in the game and you can buy yourself some nontrivial advantage there.
  • poomermon wrote:
    Basically it became mandatory to use it to be competitive at higher level pvp so they nerfed it hard. Now nobody can use it on every match. It is not some nefarious plot to get more money from customers since basically no one will buy them now.

Wanna bet? And of course it serves as to drain HP out of the system just like shields and other expendables.

The PVE scaling might have went overboard but it looks pretty much planned as a boost-drain (and it worked too!) before the hike, so those with normally filled packs too get caught with pants down.

Conveniently "forgetting" to announce it in either preview or the patch release? Oh yeah.
  • poomermon wrote:

The problem is right now is mandatory on pve you can't beat does 200+ enemies with only a simple boost. I played almost all the game with out the boost but right now i cant beat the current event with out boosts.
  • poomermon wrote:
    It is not some nefarious plot to get more money from customers since basically no one will buy them now.

This is naivety in its purist form and the fact that no one will buy them would be called blow-back for a bad business decision. Of course there are always fools with more money than sense.
  • It's very hard to beat the l230 without boost. I think.it would be easy if your patch and Spiderman is maxed out though.