• The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    For each star level:
    1* Yelena
    2* Bag-Man
    3* Spider-Man -- has some uses in PVE
    4* Devil Dino
    5* Old Man Logan -- not that he's bad or anything

I'm sorry, but as bad as 3* Spiderman is, Rags is the worst 3* character by a mile.

Unless the computer's playing him, at which time matches of seemingly any color net him green AP. Still, it's adorable how you can ding him once to get him to cast his heal and waste all his blue.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    I vote for Iron Man Model 40. His blue and red abilities are nothing special and actually cost your team AP, in addition to each costing a decent amount of AP to use (13 and 20 I think?). His yellow ability is actually better at one or two covers than 3,4,or 5. That to me is the definition of the worst character because all of his abilities are just broken.

Honorable mention: icon_yelena.png She is pretty useless overall.

Characters mentioned in other posts:

Many people keep Juggs for their 1* since he can usually complete the 1* DDQ node by himself. In addition he is a beast when the Balance of Power event comes up and he is max leveled.

Loki is actually a pretty good character in my view. His steal AP ability slows the opponent team down and increases your AP (randomly). His black ability is a game winner vs token generating enemies (Blade, Wolverine, Daken, Muscles minions, etc.). His purple ability is a great board shaker for really cheap. He is also more durable than The Hood, so overall I think he certainly has his place and I wouldn't categorize him any close to worst character.

Hawkeye 1* is very useful in Ultron events I have found. His Red and Purple abilites allow you help take out bombs with a decent level of control compared to many other character's abilities which are fairly random. The fact that they are cheap to use AP wise really helps. Otherwise no, he is ok early in the game but phases out really fast for usefulness.

Rags isn't great but I don't think he is the worst 3*. I would put IM40 (for reasons I listed above) and Dr. Octopus on the list ahead of Rags. The 3* characters that I don't waste a roster spot on are Dr. Octopus, Rags, Beast, and Vision. I only have IM40 on my roster because I got a lot of covers early for him before I realized how bad he is and I hold on to hope that someday they will retool him to make him "not broken". Although I do have a 1 cover Vision on my roster right now for the past PvE event. I will drop him once I get a new 4* to take his place.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:
    Rags isn't great but I don't think he is the worst 3*. I would put IM40 (for reasons I listed above) and Dr. Octopus on the list ahead of Rags. The 3* characters that I don't waste a roster spot on are Dr. Octopus, Rags, Beast, and Vision. I only have IM40 on my roster because I got a lot of covers early for him before I realized how bad he is and I hold on to hope that someday they will retool him to make him "not broken". Although I do have a 1 cover Vision on my roster right now for the past PvE event. I will drop him once I get a new 4* to take his place.
    Vision absolutely destroyed the Enemy of the State ninjas for me, he's definitely not bad - you just need to remember that Heavy Strike is where it's at. Beast is also very useful after his redesign, the blue is very cheap and annoying and green packs a punch. Rags... well, he mostly works to spam his cheap red and feed blue to others, but it's a pretty good trick. Doc Ock is a little tricky, but can absolutely destroy special tile makers and goons. He's not really for general purpose use though.
    If I had to drop one three-star from my roster I'd probably pick Quicksilver. He's just not that fun to play.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dr Oc is nowhere near the worst, but that depends on the battle. I would never take him into a battle against people who fight back and dont drop tiles. Against goons, he's fantastic though! Matching their tiles and switching them into attack tiles for yourself causes carnage very quickly. His switching of the board and wiping away enemy strike tiles also comes in extremely useful for ones stuck in corners. He's far from useless.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    To me the worst, is niche use aside, when even when the character is boosted in their own PvP they still suck.

Rags, is really good in his own PvP
    Quicksilver is really good in his own PvP
    Doc Ock--not that much better in his own, but, he's awesomely fun with Carnage, seriously those two are deadly together. Doc Ock's black alone saves him
    Gamora is good in her own PvP

IM40--is not good in his own PvP, and no niche use and has no other purpose. He is easily the worst character out there in 3* land
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    IM40--is not good in his own PvP, and no niche use and has no other purpose. He is easily the worst character out there in 3* land
    one caveat - if hb, 4thor, cmags, or 3cap (or to a lesser extent, daredevil) are boosted for im40 pvp, that could turn into some fun. other than feeding a solid red/blue user I have to agree.
  • TxMoose
    So funny when he insists on putting himself to sleep in his own LRs. So helpful!
    stark: "Lightning round? like...its supposed to happen fast, right? yeah, I'm gonna do a couple things and take a nap - you boys good right? later....."
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    one caveat - if hb, 4thor, cmags, or 3cap (or to a lesser extent, daredevil) are boosted for im40 pvp, that could turn into some fun. other than feeding a solid red/blue user I have to agree.

doesn't IM40 lock out hulkbuster? Or does hb stand for something else?
  • Quebbster
    I run IM40 in the lightning rounds
    Mostly to fuel Punisher and Daredevil, but still...
  • TxMoose
    jojeda654 wrote:
    doesn't IM40 lock out hulkbuster? Or does hb stand for something else?
    duh. was just going through all the best red/blue users in the game. you're right. scratch hb there.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    IM40 is better than Rags if only because Recharge can win you matches occasionally. Rags is just sad. He's marginally helpful on offence with iceman but...seriously, if he's your best option to pair with Iceman then your roster is pretty messed up.

Quicksilver is a close second. If this were "most ironic character" he'd be at the top, no question.
  • Worst 3 * is the Sentry. Just blows that hurt his own allies. Useful unique is the sacrifice but can be stolen by Elektra or Ant-man. It may also be canceled by Captain America (Classic) or Sam Wilson (Falcon). Its green is a joke. Just put Luke Cage that countdowns do 1 damage to his team and overall damage the Sentry allies. Red is only useful when you are almost dying and loose one Kamikaze shot.
  • Nick441234
    I hate Sentry. All he does is hurt himself or his team mates. I refuse to use any character that hurts my own team! What is the point?
  • I hate Sentry. All he does is hurt himself or his team mates. I refuse to use any character that hurts my own team! What is the point?

I still have a special place in my heart for Sentry...mostly due to fond memories of his Elite pre nerf skills and the Shield hop marathons they fueled pre shield cool downs.

But if Sentry is buffed, he can really do some damage in PVP on defense if you have 5 in SuperNova. Agreed that this is a very Niche use and it won't deter anyone with a 4* roster. But buffed Sentry with 5 in Red can be a big deterrent to other 3* teams.

easy...marc
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    djsquillz wrote:
    I hate Sentry. All he does is hurt himself or his team mates. I refuse to use any character that hurts my own team! What is the point?

I still have a special place in my heart for Sentry...mostly due to fond memories of his Elite pre nerf skills and the Shield hop marathons they fueled pre shield cool downs.

But if Sentry is buffed, he can really do some damage in PVP on defense if you have 5 in SuperNova. Agreed that this is a very Niche use and it won't deter anyone with a 4* roster. But buffed Sentry with 5 in Red can be a big deterrent to other 3* teams.

easy...marc

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Classic overnerf.

I think I'd agree with Rags as the worst in the 3* tier. He has his uses, but one completely useless skill (Godlike Power isn't even good at 5,) one near-useless skill, and the last skill being only okay (I do think his red doesn't do enough damage or creat enough blue to be really good - it's sort of a cheaper Thor Red,) makes him the worst, I think. At least you can use IM-40 as a red mana battery - as that he's actually pretty darn good. And hey, you may eventually get his blue off..

If we don't count Devil Dino, who's clearly expected to be a joke character, I think I'd have to classify IW as the worst 4*. She's just sooooo sloooooow, and when you actually do something it's, well it's okay. I was looking forward to trying her when she was featured, and when she was I was bitterly dissapointed.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:

easy...marc

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Classic overnerf.

I think I'd agree with Rags as the worst in the 3* tier. He has his uses, but one completely useless skill (Godlike Power isn't even good at 5,) one near-useless skill, and the last skill being only okay (I do think his red doesn't do enough damage or creat enough blue to be really good - it's sort of a cheaper Thor Red,) makes him the worst, I think. At least you can use IM-40 as a red mana battery - as that he's actually pretty darn good. And hey, you may eventually get his blue off..

If we don't count Devil Dino, who's clearly expected to be a joke character, I think I'd have to classify IW as the worst 4*. She's just sooooo sloooooow, and when you actually do something it's, well it's okay. I was looking forward to trying her when she was featured, and when she was I was bitterly dissapointed.

Personally, i think Reed is the very bottom of the 4* barrel.. have yet to find a single use for him, even SL has his yellow, IW can lock Ultron bombs, and Dino will make you laugh when he dances.. Reed.. no point in bothering with at all..

as for 3*, Rags is a great battery for blue users, AND creating charged greens for the likes of KK and Lthor to feed off of, is very useful. Worst 3* is by far Spidey.. most he can do is make a battle longer.. 1 on 1, he can do nothing but match damage.. even falcon can use a team up for a strike or attack tile and buff it all day, spidey can't even do that.
  • djdv81
    djdv81 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I also would not consider 3* Spidey one of the worst 3* star characters. He is useful for certain PVE events as a support character and I can't count the times I have used him with GSBW. It is very nice to have some defense tiles generated every time I match purple before I get Sniper Rifle off. Good for the big enchilada too for people transitioning into 3* world.

The most useless characters in that category in my opinion would be Sentry, Quicksilver, Rags, and Bullseye. Even 1* Yelena can use her power to eliminate special tiles (Ultron) so she even has more uses for me than the ones mentioned above.

I understand that others may use them but I steer clear from them and only use their covers for taco tokens. I do wish that they did something with 4* IW. I love the character but I can buy groceries, rent a movie, go to the bathroom and by then enough AP should be generated to get her powers going. Way too slow for PVP or even PVE.
  • Nick441234
    Not sure whether he's classed as the worst but I hate Vision. I just dont get what I'm mean't to do with him! His red is simple, but his other two colours just confuse the hell out me.
  • Quebbster
    Not sure whether he's classed as the worst but I hate Vision. I just dont get what I'm mean't to do with him! His red is simple, but his other two colours just confuse the hell out me.
    You use his blue to deal lots of match damage. Then you use his red to deal lots of team damage. You can mostly ignore his yellow unless you don't have any blue, then it can help you survive.
    Really, Heavy Strike is where it's at.
  • TxMoose
    I don't mind playing around with vision, mostly when boosted though. I'm not putting much iso into him, so unboosted at 120 he won't be tanking much on any of my teams. I def put him above the rag/sentry/im40 bunch. he actually works well together with im40 except for tanking purposes.