Best defense team in PvP?

Options
Unknown
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Hi guys!
I need some advice...
Having a pretty good 3* roster with Kamala and Panther fully covered at 166 and almost all the others 3* between 150 and 114, what will be the best defense team when I'm not gaming?
I loose too many points.
For example, now with the Mags event.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll say this (as I often do) but Hulk + KK is probably one of, if not the, strongest defensive line-ups around. No one wants to fight a hulk, and especially no one wants to fight a hulk that can get Angry twice or three times as often. At least in my opinion.

At 166, I'd gladly fight into a luke cage/IF team long before I even look for more than 2 seconds at a Hulk + KK team.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Defense isn't a large part of the game. Once you're worth a certain amount of points you get hit especially with only 3* characters. Even when I used just 3* characters myself I'd hit any 3* team

I use fistbuster (maxed fist and level 200 cover maxed buster) and I get hit tons still

That being said if two of the boosted characters have synergy use them. If not use one boosted and whoever has synergy with them. But even then you're gonna get hit. I know that's not what you really want to hear. But it's the truth
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think characters which have health are a deterrent in PVP. I skip them usually because I'm always late coming to PVP so have to finish my matches quick. It also means that ANY team with low health.... I will attack - regardless of how powerful they are since I'm confident of my ability to deny the opposition team while simultaneously firing my powers quickly.

I hate fighting any of the following:

LThor
    Hulk
    Switch (5 turn stun is super annoying)
    Steve Rogers (I know others don't rate him on defense but shield stuns extend the match too much for my liking)
    CMagneto

That's just me though I'm always pressed for time so look for matches with low health, I don't care about their powerful attacks because 8 times out of 10 I can make sure they're never fired.
  • The best defence is a good offence.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    I'll say this (as I often do) but Hulk + KK is probably one of, if not the, strongest defensive line-ups around. No one wants to fight a hulk, and especially no one wants to fight a hulk that can get Angry twice or three times as often. At least in my opinion.

At 166, I'd gladly fight into a luke cage/IF team long before I even look for more than 2 seconds at a Hulk + KK team.

Do not understand the combo. Hulks angry doesnt trigger Kahns group healing or did I miss something?

P.S. Cage's defense tile & She-Hulk green does a great defense synergy/rainbow job.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

Do not understand the combo. Hulks angry doesnt trigger Kahns group healing or did I miss something?

P.S. Cage's defense tile & She-Hulk green does a great defense synergy/rainbow job.

I think the point he is making is that KK healing will keep Hulks health high meaning he has more opportunites to trigger anger. Any healer paired with Hulk can be a pain when used properly but AI never does.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

I think the point he is making is that KK healing will keep Hulks health high meaning he has more opportunites to trigger anger. Any healer paired with Hulk can be a pain when used properly but AI never does.

So to make it work as a defense team you have to hope that the AI chooses Hulks green over Kahns to activate healing? But would it not be better if the enemy gets Kahns green for group damage? Hulk is always a unpleasant enemy, Kahn too, but do not see them well working together...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ...and hulk feeds kk big aoe, but AI might not always play that right. best defensive team in pvp is one behind a shield. the only teams guaranteed to lose no points. no team is 'safe', even the boosted 4*s in the 300s.

for this event, kk/panther/cmags would be pretty strong, but boosted teams will all have fist in them. panther is a great partner for fist, so this week, fist/panther is a good pair, depending on what your fist looks like, but like others said, seeing a 166 is a green light for good boosted teams. it might help to see all of your roster. have you put yours into gamependium or somewhere else? that really helps.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    ...and hulk feeds kk big aoe, but AI might not always play that right. best defensive team in pvp is one behind a shield. the only teams guaranteed to lose no points. no team is 'safe', even the boosted 4*s in the 300s.

for this event, kk/panther/cmags would be pretty strong, but boosted teams will all have fist in them. panther is a great partner for fist, so this week, fist/panther is a good pair, depending on what your fist looks like, but like others said, seeing a 166 is a green light for good boosted teams. it might help to see all of your roster. have you put yours into gamependium or somewhere else? that really helps.

I dunno how to use gamependium... Is it difficult?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    click on my roster, make an account, and enter the info. its a little tedious the first time, but then you can update every so often and that takes very little time. gamependium also has a handy ddq calendar for upcoming ddq characters and keeps a history of your roster so you can see your progress. its amazing to see how far I've come in the last 2 months, especially with my 4*s.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can also use the revision link to compared changes between the diffs. Very handy. Here's my progress over the last 2 months since I used it.

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Pong ... /97/diff/2

A total of 70 4* covers gained. That's over 1 a day! Where as the 8 months before that it was a total of 65 4* covers over that period, that's about 1 cover every 4 days.

edit: interesting that you are also about the same rate at 78 4* covers in the roughly same amount of time (your revisions is 8 days more with 8 more covers)

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/TxMo ... 31/diff/18