Good 3* offense and defense teams?

Options
boostedseo
boostedseo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Looking for good teams for pvp, and to help guide my progress in the transition. I've got a few covered 3s looking for suggestions on spending iso.

Moved to Roster/Level help

Comments

• A good team would Cyclops and Kamala Khan.
  • rollx
    rollx Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Offense: you want teams that can generate ap (either on their own or through shake up) and deal damage quickly. The faster you can take one character out, the faster you hinder an opponent.

Suggestions: kk, gsbw, ironfist, cyclops, loki, mags, storm, witch.

Defense: you want a team that is going to leave the opponent crippled. A team that will do damage (either automatically, with low casting abilities, or aoe) and have the opponent have to think twice. Or at least drag the match out (heals and shields) longer than its worth their effort.

Suggestions, ironfist, mags, blade, gamora, cage, kk, spiderman, oc, daken.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One good defense character no one mentions is Hulk.
    Because of his anger passive, the opponent either has to play the slow game and chip him down, or attempt to finish him off all at once.
    onsidering his passive triggers at some 636 damage or so when unboosted, pretty much anything will cause your whole team to take damage and risk feeding a big clap or three.

This is especially true when paired with someone like Daken who can make that anger proc basically slap you around for 500-700 damage each time.
    You can stun him, but 12k hp is still work to get through.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been using XForce Wolvie, Iron Fist, and Classic Mags lately
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always think twice when I see a Luke Cage fight in shield sim because I know it'll drag on.
    Loki can be good on defense or offense because you have to watch your moves and target him first before you can play properly most times.

Cyclops is good on offense because he's self sustaining. Iron Fist is good regardless as long as you have a blackk user along (so Black Panther or X Force Wolvie).
  • boostedseo
    boostedseo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have good luck climbing with hulk and patch, but hulk loves health packs. I'll try fist, cyc, and magneto for Sim defense. I know I avoid hulk teams when I'm hulk bombing. It can go wrong fast.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One character I've always been curious about is Deadpool. He doesn't seem to get a lot of love in tier standings, but his red is pretty much an instant-health pack use. Do people just fight against him with weakened teams and then use IF / deny pink? His black also slows you down - have to target DP, use AoE (which I'm guessing is most common), or whittle the target down.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She-Hulk is great on defense, high health and that cheap ap drain always seems to destroy your needed ap when the a.i. uses it. I know she has wrecked my day on several occasions, otherwise the posts above seems to be covering a lot of the others.

P.S. Cage and Shulk work well together for rainbow, just missing pink (Fist comes to mind for Shield Sim)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    boostedseo wrote:
    I have good luck climbing with hulk and patch, but hulk loves health packs. I'll try fist, cyc, and magneto for Sim defense. I know I avoid hulk teams when I'm hulk bombing. It can go wrong fast.
    fistclopsneto is great on offense, but I found fist/cage/mags to hover higher in sim. cage is really disliked by the masses more than I do. AI never used his black right, so you have fist feeding a bunch of weak punches mostly. but nobody seems to enjoy playing against them.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My current rainbow for SHIELD Sim is Cage/Switch/either LCap or Magneto.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    In the end you have to use the buffed ones and make the best combination out of them. Veteran 3* player with buffed lvl 290/240 characters will tear apart every lvl 166 team.

For upcoming PVP Cage and She-Hulk will be buffed which mean long battles, because Cage's red and She-Hulk's green make a very good defense synergy.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kamala bloody Khan. Got to the point where I just nope straight past any team including her as she'll just fire off heals repeatedly before smacking your entire team around.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For shield sim, I've been running Carnage, KK and Cage all at 166. It is amazing how much less often I've been hit this season compared to last season.

For PVP, I just put the strongest team out there and expect to get hit by all the other boosted/4* teams.