2* Roster Pruning Advice

Options
Pessi
Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
I'm quite far into the 2-3 transition, with 39 3*'s - 21 fully covered (12 optimally), and a further 18 with 8 to 12 covers. Most thats can be are level 127, and I have 600k iso which I'm going to use to push the top tier to 137 (I'm waiting for the next patch so I don't have to spend a week pushing the button to do so!! - PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!)

I have the following 2*'s all maxed:

Ares** Black Widow** Daken** Thor** Captain Marvel** Storm** Hawkeye** Wolverine** Magneto** Captain America**

I would like to lose one of those, purely because I have X-23 from a top 50 finish, and I refuse to sell a 4* plus I'd like to use her since she's an essential.

My thought would be Captain Marvel, as I don't use her much now, and have her as a 3* should she pop up in the Galactus/Ultron style essentials later. I don't have a fully covered LazyCap, else I would lose his 2* brother.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm hesitant to just clear one or two out or lose a bad 3* (like Ragnarok since he will be esential in the next pve). Especially since Marvel was my first maxed 2* icon_lol.gif

Edit https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11IzG-7v2lXQXtAHYRGLPJwuZVexqeBULBTvgOHcsC44/edit?usp=sharing - Link to my roster. Please excuse the formatting, its just a glance guide!

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    marvel would be my choice. then, if you have 3cap with 5 red, you could probably do without 2cap. daken/axwolvie I dropped when I got their 3* versions covered. hawkeye I keep because....not sure. but still I keep him. boosted he fun with witch/gsbw for a poor man's Charlie's angels but my px has 3 blue and might as well go with him undercovered for that group.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the core 2* to hang on to are Ares, Black Widow, Daken, Magneto, Storm and Thor. The others can be dropped as needed.
    One tip is to keep an open spot in your roster and save 2* covers as long as you can before selling them. If you see a 2* character you don't have is coming up as a PvE essential, roster them and drop them once the event is over.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You're 3* Capt is pretty close to covered (and probably usable as is), so I would drop 2* Capt since he's not essential anymore.

Second choice would be Ms. Marvel. She's relatively strong, but lacks a good 2* partner.

Third choice would be Thor. I think most people would say Hawkeye, but Hawkeye/Storm/Mags, I've found, is the most effective team at punching above your weight class/smacking down hard **** PvE nodes. Ares/oBW is typically better than Thor/Anything imo

As mentioned, there's really only a handful of "necessary" 2*s once you've hit the transitional period; Magneto/Storm, Ares/oBW, and (last one is mostly imo) Wolverine/Daken. 1st team is great for clearing hard teams and/or boosting over your normal point threshhold, 2nd team is good for a defensive team and/or shutting down slow team comps, and the last team is amazing for your initial climb and/or ninjas.

Once you get a few good 3*s you can easily drop Wolverine and Daken, but oBW/Ares or Mags/Storm will be more or less needed forever for DDQ.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks all,

I'm being cautious to remove to many, as I do tend to use my 2*'s as Deadpool cannon fodder. Especially Thor/Daken/OBW as they are my Big Enchilada team. I keep Wolverine, because of the essential nodes in enemy of the state PVE. Hawkeye is insane with scarlet witch when boosted. I only lack Doc Oc in my three star roster, though I could quite happily get rid of Psylock or Ragnarok - but in terms of rewards I gain more from keeping them so the best process now is rationalising the 2 stars.

Your advice is very much appreciated, thank you icon_e_smile.gif