Roster change for science

SirLanik
SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Here is my current roster- http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/SirLaniker/

Pretty much I have Silver Surfer blueflag.png , three 166s, everyone else is lower leveled/lower covered.

After adding Surfer my PVP got CONSIDERABLY harder, but my PVE seems to be ok still. Probably because it goes more on performance?

What about I'm to do may sound crazy given my roster, but I just opened Old Man Wolverine blacktile.png and I'm going to add him to my roster.

Time to see if my scaling goes out the window and makes everything unplayable! (hopefully not)

Will report back with results on both PVP and PVE.

Comments

• Arhiippa
    Arhiippa Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I'm very interested in seeing your findings. I just rostered Silver Surfer even though I'm just starting to transition to 3* land and haven't yet gotten a good idea on how much SS hurts my scaling. Curious to see what happens with a second epic.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm interested too. once OML was added to the tokens, I pulled 14 and got both SS and OML and rostered them. I also got hb usable and leveled him to 220 (see roster in sig). I had not joined iso brotherhood at the time and since played some and it doesn't seem any different than it was before. but, the scaling may not have kicked in yet. i'll try and include a report here, but probably won't know until the first pve after galactus.
  • SirLanik
    So far on the Black Vortex pvp, after I cleared the abnormally high amount of starter nodes, I go to check my pvp options....

290/290/290.

Er, ok.

(40 skips later)

I found a 210/290/290!

So uh, that's something. My 156/182/156 should totally be able to take those guys on, right? Or I could go with my 166/182/166.

Or I could laughably try and outheal them with Surfer. I guess.

I'll reserve my opinion til I see more PVP or some PVE, but preliminary results look like PVP might be unplayable after recruiting both 5*s.
  • It sounds like this weekend was an unscientific time to try this experiment.

My roster were soft capped at 114 until early in Galactus event where, out of desperation, I thought levelling the leaders to 127 would be a fair compromise between managing Galactus and not tinykittying my game for good.

I usually saw mostly teams between 120 and 166 in PvP, but Black Vortex gave me an unusual number of over 200s. It's very hard to tell whether this is because more serious players were playing at anniversary, or PvE players had fallen out with Galactus and quickly moved over to PvP or just because the boosts on characters in Black Vortex are quite big.

I then opened a Legendary token and landed Silver Surfer red after I had given up on Black Vortex. I rostered him immediately. Class of 2015, I guesstimate that I'm seeing an average level after boosts of 180.

No conclusions drawn, test far too unscientific. I hope I'll see level 120 - 166 rosters again once anniversary events are over. If not, it's probably going to be a long break from PvP for me.
  • SirLanik
    I'm now officially into the "long break from PVP."

After rostering OML and Surfer, and leveling them to 272 and 270 respectively, PVP is pretty much impossible. Most times I don't even get three low level computer AI nodes, just one or two. And immediately following them, I instantly get opponents that are all 290/240/240.

In short, I'm at 38 points in Blade PVP, and 25 skips in and still haven't found a non 290/240/240 opponent. My 166/138/166 team wouldn't stand a chance, and my OML and Surfer obviously wouldn't either.

So, in short, if you roster them? Don't level them. And if you roster them, very high chance that you can only play PVE.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recommend not leveling the 5*s until you can take even more scaling/mmr hits than they give you to begin with. the boosted list this week has my only usable 4* and some high 3*s and with ss and oml and the boosted bunch, my scaling is very high for this pve. essentials start in the 160s and get to the 200s by the end of the sub and the 3 hard nodes start in the 200s and get into the 300s by the end. I've managed, but it's not as fun as it used to be because I can't use 20-25 different characters like I used to on each clear. now you're tied to your best teams. I recommend not opening legendaries until you have at least 6-8 maxed top-tier 3*s and a good stable of support at 140 or so. at that point you have enough firepower to overcome the increases. until then, its really hard.