How to manage scaling with my roster & Surfer

Ouroboros9999
Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
I had my roster of 3's hovering at 94 for a long time. I finally decided to level up after saving about 750K ISO. PvP seemed to be going a lot better, I was able to progress significantly more than my 400-550 ceilings. Shortly after I got Silver Surfer and now it's difficult to break 400 some times. Any tips based on my roster? I dont want to love surfer, but I miss those rewards from PvP and have shifted to grinding more PvE to hopefully get more covers and ISO to level everyone up as high as possible.

Comments

• Welcome to the post-$$ world of the 3* player.

Similar to you, I had about 20 nearly finished 3*s hovering at 94 when I "luckily" drew my $$. My scaling and MMR shot through the stratosphere, at which point I leveled all my capable 3*s to 120, which did not help any in PvE and not much in PvP.

I'm now at 130 with all the 3*s that could push that high, and all the others are filled in behind them (127, 114, 102, etc.), and not much has changed for the better.

I cannot count in surviving an essential PvE node, and my PvP opponents are roughly level 240+.

Wish I had answers, but I can at least acknowledge that you're not crazy.

DBC
  • One option it to take out a second mortgage and whale a couple 5*s. Not ideal but it'll solve your scaling and MMR problems. You'll make D3 happy too.
  • I also recently acquired, not 1 but 2 OML and my scaling shot up enough that I am unable to compete in PVE anymore.
    I have no usable 4stars, non higher than 166 level. have about 15 3* at 166. I can't hit 1000 in pvp, can no longer beat pve, then to rub salt in the wound, I last legendary token I was hoarding since I realized I prob won't be getting any more turned out to be SS. i know they are tough to acquire, but the game just isn't fun when you can't compete without wasting $ and/or 6hours per day in any of the events!. I'm taking a short break, and really hope they fix this issue, because it was a pretty great game!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    My roster is very similar to yours (about 16x 3* maxed) and I can still play PVE and hit 1k most of the time in PVP. I only have 1 OML and 1 SS covers, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I'm surprised you're struggling so much in PVE. I hardly use health packs for PVE now, mainly all reserved for PVP.

Basically, you need to set aside 3-4 teams to tackle PVE. The three easy nodes can easily be beaten/grinded by your 2* rosters. That leaves the three harder nodes for your A team of 166s. The essential nodes is normally another team or 2. Do not attempt to beat every node with a single team. That's just going to burn your health packs. For PVP, it's normally 1-2 teams. A quick climbing team and a defensive team. Don't be afraid of fighting maxed 4* teams. You'll be surprised that with a little ap boosts and good team ups, that these team are not invincible like their levels suggests.
  • Arhiippa
    Arhiippa Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I rostered SS while having just gotten going on my 3* transition and it seemed to effect my scaling, but not catastrophically. I've still consistently gotten progression and acceptable rankings in pve. I hadn't been playing much pvp beforehand, but lately I've consistently gotten to the 650 token and at least top 100 in those too. I have had some luck with featured characters though. I'd be really pissed off if the effects were worse, since I only use SS for fun in pve sometimes but I do even that rarely. If I hadn't had a passable Lcap waiting to be leveled, the effects would probably have been much worse.