Please Help Me Learn 2 Play

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I'm not sure how to best make progress. I've been playing for a few weeks and seem to have hit a wall. Shield training is pointless, as everyone has stronger teams than me, or I get retaliated by strong teams and lose more than I gain.

What content should I be doing to get a better team? I'm still working my way through the prologue and wrapping up Oscorp.

Here's who I have so far:

Thor (Marvel NOW!) - 43 4/3/2
Storm (Modern) - 33 5/5/3
Black Widow (Grey Suit) - 25 0/2/0
Iron Man (Model 35) - 24 5/5/3
Black Widow (Modern) - 24 5/5
Storm (Classic) - 24 1/3/1
Black Widow (Original) - 21 3/1/1
The Hulk - 21 2/0/0
Hawkeye (Modern) - 8 1/1/3
Wolverine (Astonishing) - 8 1/0/1
Magneto (Marvel NOW!) - 6 0/1/2
Captain America (Modern) - 6 0/1/0
Daken - 6 1/0/0
Moonstone - 6 0/0/1
Bag-Man - 6 1/0/0
Venom - 1 2/4

Comments

• You should be participating in special events. There are low level and even mere participation rewards. Also make sure to get the daily reward every day.
  • Your best char is Thor. He should get to 5/5/3. At 85, he can pretty much carry a team from third to second tier. However, he is due to be nerfed, so there´s that.

I like storm modern, but let´s be honest, she is a 1* char, she is going nowhere.

Here is the deal: the way i see it, the starter team (barring personal preferences) is something around storm, iron man, and someone else.

The second team is something around thor, wolvie, obw, etc.

And then there´s top tier, with spidey, hulk, thor (still), gsw, mags, etc.

The hard part is to figure out when to stop investing in your tier, and when to go for the next one, even if it´s still weaker.

Your GSW is nothing without a decent amount of greens, wolvie ditto. your obw is not that bad, cover wise, but it needs to be better even to get to be usable second tier.

Like someone else said in another thread: a lot of people here have been playing form 3+ month, puzzle quest is a game that takes time, patience, luck, and even some irl money, if you feel like it.

The truth is your team is still a weak third tier. I would say to invest in thor, but the nerf hammer is around the corner.

Until you get more covers for wolvie, obw, you have a steep road ahead of you

ps. I haven´t mentioned dd, ares, patch, punisher, cause i haven´t messed to much with them. patch seemed nice, as well as dd.
    ps2. don´t feel to bad. I´ve been playing for a while, and am still rock an intermediate second/first tier team (85 thor, 85 gsw, 77 spidey, mags on the bench)
  • n_colt99
    n_colt99 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would suggest investing more time in the Prologue. You can see the rewards here: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=235

As stated by Perdidodf aim for Thor and Wolverine. The Nerfs have been announced but these too should guarantee you at least some top 45 placings in the PVP Tournaments where you could slowely transists to a 3* Team. However this whole step takes time, use the prologue to get some Thor & Wolverine Covers:

Chapter 5: Mission Dark Avengers
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Green
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Red
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Yellow

Chapter 2: Mission Who Is This Clown
    Thor (Marvel NOW!) Green
    Thor (Marvel NOW!) Green

Good Luck!!
  • You need to play in the PVE and PVP events. With the right strategy you can place high and net out stud guys like Punisher, Patch and Ares.
  • I have 16 roster slots. What should I spend my Hero Points on?
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DadaUp wrote:
    I have 16 roster slots. What should I spend my Hero Points on?

Smart thing to do is to save all your HPs for more roster slots. While you may not need more at the moment if you play long enough you will be glad you have them. If you absolutely want to spend them on something else you could buy heroic token daily deals. Once per day you can purchase one heroic token for 100hp. While it is not exactly cost effective at this stage pretty much anything you get from them is going to be useful.
  • The more slots you have, the more bodies you have to throw in when you run out of health packs. I have a solid 2* team and on occasion I end up throwing in my last surviving maxed out 2* with 2 lvl 6 2*'s just to have something to do while I wait for health packs to regenerate.