Advice on Team Building - See my team inside post

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
This is what I currently have. With all the updates and nerfs, I am truly confused on where to go with this team or what team I should be regularly running. And advice will be greatly appreciated. I am currently sitting on 31 standard packs and 107k ISO. I have refused to spend any money on this game because I do not like what is going on.

Which characters should I raise levels on? Which team should I run the majority of time. I am still trying to grasp what players synergize bext with each other.

Ragnarok - level 85 - 4 green, 5 red
Thor - level 69 - 5 red, 5 yellow, 3 green
Wolverine (AXM) - level 58 - 4 green, 4 red, 5 yellow
Storm (Modern) – level 50 - 5 green, 4 red, 4 black
IM35 – level 47 – 5 red, 5 yellow, 3 blue
Storm (Classic) – level 45 – 4 green, 5 blue, 4 yellow
IM40 – level 41 – red 3, yellow 1
Hulk – level 38 – 3 green
OBW – level 35 – 5 purple, 5 blue, 3 black
Wolverine (XF) – level 34 – 1 green, 1 red
BW (Modern) – level 30 – 5 purple, 5 blue
Ares – level 30 – 2 green, 2 red, 2 yellow
Invisible Woman – level 30 – 1 yellow
Loki – level 28 – 2 black, 1 purple
Spiderman – level 25 – 1 yellow, 1 blue, 4 purple
Captain America – level 25 – 3 yellow, 5 red, 5 blue
Punisher – level 18 – 1 black, 1 red
Magneto (Now) – level 15 – 5 blue, 5 purple, 2 red
Black Widow (GS) – level 15 – 1 green, 3 red, 3 purple
Magento (classic) – level 15 – 1 red, 2 purple

Comments

• For sure, I would max out oBW and build your 2* team around her. You could even throw in your Rags periodically or when the occasion calls for it, but oBW & Thor/Wolverine gives you the rainbow for match damage. If you go with Thor, you can use Modern Storm to use up all the black that oBW will steal and eventually transition to Punisher as your third. If you go with Wolverine, you can choose whether your third will use up your black or yellow AP. I'd probably still go with someone who uses up black AP, because once oBW maxes, she will steal quite a bit of it. (I don't immediately see a good choice that uses both yellow and black AP).
  • ApolloAndy wrote:
    For sure, I would max out oBW and build your 2* team around her. You could even throw in your Rags periodically or when the occasion calls for it, but oBW & Thor/Wolverine gives you the rainbow for match damage. If you go with Thor, you can use Modern Storm to use up all the black that oBW will steal and eventually transition to Punisher as your third. If you go with Wolverine, you can choose whether your third will use up your black or yellow AP. I'd probably still go with someone who uses up black AP, because once oBW maxes, she will steal quite a bit of it. (I don't immediately see a good choice that uses both yellow and black AP).

I agree with him. Your best chars got hit by the nerf hammer. I don´t play wolvie, but people are saying he is still a viable char. I personally like OBW, and she works well with wolvie.

I would finish leveling wolvie and obw, since you are so close. I like your OBW build. Just needs some ISO

It would be great if you could get more spidey covers, but that´s hard (been chasing those blue ones) and he is about to be nerfed too.

So yeha, Wolvie, OBW, and maybe rags.
  • Aren't I short one black cover for OBW to be really good? I messed up on her build and I am hoping for a respec option sometime in 2014 (LOL).
  • SteelBus wrote:
    Aren't I short one black cover for OBW to be really good? I messed up on her build and I am hoping for a respec option sometime in 2014 (LOL).

Sorry, I misread. Yep, consensus seems to be 3/5/5 OBW. I haven´t messed much with mine. I think she is still worth it at 5/5/3, though. Packs less of a punch, but steals more.
  • Even with a slightly sub-optimal build of oBW (though some people specifically go for 5/5/3) she's still one of the best 2*'s. She is one of the few 2*'s with a lot of obscure colors and plays the perfect complement to Thor, Wolverine, and Ares. She is definitely one to invest in.
  • IIRC, OBW needs at least 4 in black to start doing damage. If your black isn't doing damage, you lose a lot of the synergy with Wolverine. She's still great for stealing and healing, but you don't get that uber strike-tile synergy.

If I were you, I'd seriously consider building a new OBW with 3/5/5 or 4/5/4. Personally, I don't like going past 3 in purple because the cost goes up.
  • As so as (or if) we are able to rebuild our characters, I will definitely build her a different way. I am not quite sure why she synergizes so well with Thor or Wolverine though. Can you explain? She only steals, purple, blue or black which helps neither of those characters.
  • SteelBus wrote:
    As so as (or if) we are able to rebuild our characters, I will definitely build her a different way. I am not quite sure why she synergizes so well with Thor or Wolverine though. Can you explain? She only steals, purple, blue or black which helps neither of those characters.

When her black is high enough, whenever there´s a match she not only steals, but also hits. The amounts that she hits is affected by wolvie´s strike tiles. The strikes tiles also affect the "regular hitting", so, in a way, whenever you have strikes tiles and an obw with sabotage (her black), every match you make you hit+strike tiles, and she steals+hits+strike tiles.
  • Perdidodf wrote:
    SteelBus wrote:
    As so as (or if) we are able to rebuild our characters, I will definitely build her a different way. I am not quite sure why she synergizes so well with Thor or Wolverine though. Can you explain? She only steals, purple, blue or black which helps neither of those characters.

When her black is high enough, whenever there´s a match she not only steals, but also hits. The amounts that she hits is affected by wolvie´s strike tiles. The strikes tiles also affect the "regular hitting", so, in a way, whenever you have strikes tiles and an obw with sabotage (her black), every match you make you hit+strike tiles, and she steals+hits+strike tiles.
    To put another way, when you have a lot of strike tiles, they account for most of your damage from any match. For example, when my Patch drops 4 strike tiles, all of my matches start doing 500 damage each. With OBW's black skill up to 4, every time she matches a purple, blue or black, she does 500 damage for the match and then an ADDITIONAL 500 damage from her extra attack. That little 50 damage throw-away attack turns into a nuke. It's awesome.