Hard level Devil Dinosaur or not?

stryke
stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
I'm still barely in the 3* area of the game with only Grey Widow and Psylocke maxed to 166 and Daken getting close on 163. Due to getting fairly lucky in both anniversaries my Devil Dinosaur is 3/5/5 and could be levelled to 270. He's currently 202 (raised there for the DpD fight) and while he may not be the best 4* or anywhere close he would allow me to fight on better terms against some of the nastier teams out there if he was higher. His red already hits for 2.3k for 7 cost which is quite nice and getting it up to around 3k hit would be lovely for burning down Loki or Hood teams.

My question is should I level him and if so how high? I do know it might really mess with my matchmaking which is a concern.

I do also have a couple of other characters than can be pushed to 166, which are: Thor (currently 153), Steve Rogers (140), MoStorm (135), and Model 40 (113).

Only other possibility is getting Invisible Woman from 147 to 168 but I'm guessing that won't get recommended.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't use dino and in fact I'm pretty sure i'll be selling him soon. so I'm not a big fan, especially since he (presumably) won't be added to the normal rotation and tokens or ever be an essential. I think you'd get much more use out of thor and cap, and then if nobody else is ready, storm can be useful too.

if dino is like the other 4*s, levels above ~200 don't add much to the damage. I know my hb at 220 is right at 600 damage/ap with red and at 270 it only goes up to 630 damage/ap. that's right, add 50 levels for nearly 200K iso and your 10 red ap goes from 6000 damage to 6300 damage. you get more incremental health, but to me, 4*s that high are not worth the cost on the offensive side. there are defensive benefits, but man its expensive.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Thanks, from looking at general at the moment though it doesn't seem that Steve is rated at all in pvp?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    maybe not at the very highest levels of pvp, but he is pve god. if rankings were split between pvp and pve, he could very well take first place in all of the game (including 4*s and undercovered/leveled 5*s) on the pve side. he will be as good or better than gsbw and psylocke (unless you have a functional px) for you in pvp.