Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords- Plague Lord Exp.

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Picked this up to play in between MPQ sittings. Playing a warlock, and had forgotten how strong the full set of storm equipment can actually be. This game still is fun, even after all these years of not playing it. Anyone else playing the original? Cool, fun stories to share?

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Stupid more than fun story, but when the expansion was named (via fan contest) D3 had the name handed down to the staff. First thing that QA did? Took the acronym and tried pronouncing it.

PQCotWRotPL

Pick-cot-wa-rot-pull

Oof.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Stupid more than fun story, but when the expansion was named (via fan contest) D3 had the name handed down to the staff. First thing that QA did? Took the acronym and tried pronouncing it.

PQCotWRotPL

Pick-cot-wa-rot-pull

Oof.

I would have just gone with COWPLE. Challenge Of Warlords Plague Lord Expansion. Cowple sounds funny.
  • IceIX wrote:

PQCotWRotPL

Pick-cot-wa-rot-pull

Oof.

Funny though. On reading this, I think I laughed more than I should. Did a short stint as QA a while back for a company, and I can just imagine this happening. Plus, it's a gamer thing to abbreviate games, apparently. Sometimes a curse, as you have so eloquently pointed out. icon_razz.gif
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Picked this up to play in between MPQ sittings. Playing a warlock, and had forgotten how strong the full set of storm equipment can actually be. This game still is fun, even after all these years of not playing it. Anyone else playing the original? Cool, fun stories to share?

I've played through it several times, I love the way you collect equipment, build a citadel, take down cities, unlock enemy abilities etc. Unlocking some of the super hard equipment and spells is a mega challenge, like can literally take 30 minutes. Although the game becomes ridiculous easy once you get that equipment lol.

I think the best thing in this game is found near the end - rather than finding Bane to destroy him, you set about REPLACING him. I love that evil twist to the story, shame you couldn't really carry on after that and kill off all the good guys lol icon_twisted.gif