Choosing lower ranked rewards on tournament wins

Kelbris
Kelbris Posts: 1,051
To use the new Model 40 tournament as an example: I want the Thor Yellow and Green covers reward the most since I can't seem to get Thor covers when I grab Heroic tokens. I'd have to sit there and make sure I get between ranks 25-51 WITHOUT getting too high. Would it be easy to implement that if you place very high in a tournament, you can still choose from the rewards below your rank instead of the one you're supposed to get? Otherwise, it's like playing The Price is Right with your rank.

Comments

• Kelbris wrote:
    To use the new Model 40 tournament as an example: I want the Thor Yellow and Green covers reward the most since I can't seem to get Thor covers when I grab Heroic tokens. I'd have to sit there and make sure I get between ranks 50-100 (IIRC, phone's dead) WITHOUT getting too high. Would it be easy to implement that if you place very high in a tournament, you can still choose from the rewards below your rank instead of the one you're supposed to get? Otherwise, it's like playing The Price is Right with your rank.

Great point. Should get all rewards below too. In that loki lightning round, i'd rather get 2x heroic than 1 loki card.
  • Why don't they just make it so everyone can get every reward? On a serious note, the rewards are probably are given out like this for balance. Should the 1st and 2nd place people in lightning rounds get 3 covers, 2 heroic tokens, captain America and ISO? If that happened people would be complaining that the odds are stacked against people that don't pay.
  • Kelbris
    You don't understand what I'm suggesting. If I get 1st place, and I want the Rank 25-50 reward INSTEAD of the Rank 1-2 reward, I could be able to choose that one INSTEAD of the Rank 1-2 reward. I don't want Grey Suit Black Widow right now; I have way too many covers already. But I DO want the two Thor covers from the Model 40 tournament so I can work on maxing my Thor.

I don't want EVERY reward for getting 1st.
  • No I get what you meant, that was directed at dumdum. Still, they release a certain amount of covers via reward to balance the game/in game economy. If what you're proposing were to happen what would happen to your higher tier reward that you don't want? Should they just give it to some random person?
  • Badman82 wrote:
    Why don't they just make it so everyone can get every reward? On a serious note, the rewards are probably are given out like this for balance. Should the 1st and 2nd place people in lightning rounds get 3 covers, 2 heroic tokens, captain America and ISO? If that happened people would be complaining that the odds are stacked against people that don't pay.

Yes, thats exactly what 1st and 2nd place should get.
  • Lol I've done this as well. Didnt want the top rewards as I didnt need them but I could use the lower tier reward so aimed for that.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Badman82 wrote:
    Why don't they just make it so everyone can get every reward? On a serious note, the rewards are probably are given out like this for balance. Should the 1st and 2nd place people in lightning rounds get 3 covers, 2 heroic tokens, captain America and ISO? If that happened people would be complaining that the odds are stacked against people that don't pay.

Lol
  • I remember there was one event where they were rewarding juggernaut cards and I accidentally went to high and got a Captain America card... I missed out on 2 juggernaut cards. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Chillpwned wrote:
    I missed out on 2 juggernaut cards. icon_e_sad.gif
    There are loads of Juggernaught cards available in the PvE campaign, so check there if you are in need of some.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Badman82 wrote:

Lol

lol @ u
  • Kelbris wrote:
    I want the Thor Yellow and Green covers reward the most since I can't seem to get Thor covers when I grab Heroic tokens. I'd have to sit there and make sure I get between ranks 50-100 (IIRC, phone's dead) WITHOUT getting too high.
    Haha, that's exactly what I've been doing all day, staying between 26-50. I check in, see how many points I've lost while away, battle my way back up to around 30 or so. Sigh, four more hours to do this jockeying up and down the line in order to stay in the same place... Kind of silly, but a little fun as well. Like a game within the game.
  • Kelbris
    The issue here is that because I don't want any of the Grey Suit rewards, I can't raise my level (or whatever you gents call it) above 715 or else I'd be in 24th; I could have EASILY gotten to 1000 (if not higher), which makes me miss out on the progression rewards (600 hero points and 1000 ISO). I mean, I could win the battles to get the rewards, and then retreat/yield a bunch until I lose enough to get back down to the rank I want, but that'd be tedious as hell. Hell, what if you somehow have the Rank 1-2 reward hero maxed when the tournament starts? Are you not supposed to participate, or settle for selling the covers? Then again, if I want something self-paced, I suppose I can just whip out PQ.

No one's attacking me this week for some reason. Tis weird.
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Hahaha, guess they were a lot of us aiming below 25th place for the Thor rewards. Me included, but I won one too many fight, and ended up 23rd, doh! icon_e_sad.gif (and did not get attacked, like I usually do in other tournies)

I understand what you want, but that would make the tournament rewards require a choice/input from the user, while it is currently set up as automatic giving of rewards; so I don't know how feasible it would be to change that.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Be thankful for the rewards you get, they're free. You don't have to pay a dime to play this game for hours upon hours.

If Thor is so important, support the game and buy a few HP; Thor is not hard to get out of a pack and once you have his colors he is cheap to level.