PVE: Enemy of the State 22 Oct - 30 Oct

Comments

• DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    I know it's a 7-days long event and that there is 6 subs...
    ... but am I the only one to think that the max progression token_legendary.png seems sooo far at 170k? icon_e_confused.gif !
  • DrNitroman wrote:
    ... but am I the only one to think that the max progression token_legendary.png seems sooo far at 170k? icon_e_confused.gif !

the points suck for the first sub AND its the only 48 hour sub. the best plan next time this runs is to do just one clear and take two days off or just start on day three. the points are just so backend loaded.
  • Roopesh80
    Roopesh80 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    DrNitroman wrote:

You're not alone in that regard...... I feel they don't have anything substantial to offer, so they're just making this event a grind as much as possible. As for me, after the major anniversary disappointment /burnout I'm letting this one go....
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    DrNitroman wrote:

I had this worry too, especially since I'm going to have to miss a couple of clears this weekend. But looking at the thread from the last time the event ran, leaders were getting 270k points, and people were complaining that 230k+ wasn't good enough for top 10. Points were inflated because it was a 4* release, but it's doable. Unpleasantly long and grindy, but doable.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The point inflation gets silly with survival nodes. Getting points shouldn't be a problem.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    The point inflation gets silly with survival nodes. Getting points shouldn't be a problem.
    You're right, the points are so much higher for the sub 2 compared to the first... and it will keep increasing.
    I have forgotten that

Finally playing or not playing 1st sub doesn't matter much for overall event score! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Fortunately there was these shiny spideycoin.pngimcoin.png for playing sub!
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Major boring and pain in Uranus, should cut this pain to 3 days and stop making us grind are life away D3 for a few tokens, plus, progression rewards are not very good, forget the " one token " after fighting your ninja's and .... for 15 minutes and give us 5+ tokens instead, stop being cheap and lazy, after 687 days, I have the right to friggin complain icon_evil.gif , why I'M I PLAYING THIS NONSENSE AGAIN... icon_eek.gif
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I don't recall picking the slice I'm in, I think it just got picked for me. Pretty unhappy with it, since it's at 8am my time so I can't ever do endtime grinding. Oh well.

I'm sort of getting through with Cap, KK, BP, but I'm already struggling a bit now. The final subs are going to be rough, but I hope the Legendary is still within reach, considering life kept me from doing any grinding at all in the first 3 subs.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    hells kitchen sub is back to rubbish points so I'd do some grinding on the wave nodes from earlier subs if I were you
  • hells kitchen sub is back to rubbish points so I'd do some grinding on the wave nodes from earlier subs if I were you

No kidding. The points went away on this sub completely. Gorgon with a red feeder is a mean sob.
  • You can look at Hell's Kitchen as a one day PvE break in the middle of the event. That's what I'll be doing. I'm close to 90k total atm. Considering I had 35k points on the mansion, 40k and more should be easy enough on the last two subs. That's enough for the token_legendary.png
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    So if I am on the Xmansion sub and it's ending in less than 2 hours (3 days left on the event in total) and I have around 60,000 points, is it even possible to hit the legendary token at this point without having to live for MPQ or should I just stop bothering at this point and save myself the aggravation?

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Akari
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    You can look at Hell's Kitchen as a one day PvE break in the middle of the event. That's what I'll be doing. I'm close to 90k total atm. Considering I had 35k points on the mansion, 40k and more should be easy enough on the last two subs. That's enough for the token_legendary.png

Hmm I'm slightly under 90k right now at the end of Hell's Kitchen, I may try to grind out a bit more before sleeping... when do we get to use Wolverine? Getting sick and tired of eating Adamantium Slash and Debilitating Slash like crazy because of their nonstop red generation.
  • Quebbster
    Akari wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    You can look at Hell's Kitchen as a one day PvE break in the middle of the event. That's what I'll be doing. I'm close to 90k total atm. Considering I had 35k points on the mansion, 40k and more should be easy enough on the last two subs. That's enough for the token_legendary.png

Hmm I'm slightly under 90k right now at the end of Hell's Kitchen, I may try to grind out a bit more before sleeping... when do we get to use Wolverine? Getting sick and tired of eating Adamantium Slash and Debilitating Slash like crazy because of their nonstop red generation.
    Once Hells Kitchen is done Wolverine becomes available. I think Elektra is locked out during the Hand fortress sub though.
    I'm going to have to double my score in the last two subs if I want to reach the legendary, so it's going to be interesting to see if I pull it off.
  • Akari
    Quebbster wrote:
    Once Hells Kitchen is done Wolverine becomes available. I think Elektra is locked out during the Hand fortress sub though.
    I'm going to have to double my score in the last two subs if I want to reach the legendary, so it's going to be interesting to see if I pull it off.

Oh cool, thanks! My Elektra only has 1 cover so I don't care if she's locked out. Time for some hardcore grinding the next 2 days.
  • Quebbster
    Akari wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Oh cool, thanks! My Elektra only has 1 cover so I don't care if she's locked out. Time for some hardcore grinding the next 2 days.
    I've been having lots of fun with Elektra in the survival nodes this time, actually. She's uniquely suited to deal with the ninjas - Shadow step lets her retaliate for every triggered Caltrop, and Ballet of Death dealing damage at the start of the turn means she can down an opponent and not give the next wave a free turn.
    But she needs a bit more than one cover to do that. icon_e_smile.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    Splarne wrote:
    hells kitchen sub is back to rubbish points so I'd do some grinding on the wave nodes from earlier subs if I were you

No kidding. The points went away on this sub completely. Gorgon with a red feeder is a mean sob.

I'm afraid fortress is not much better, like many I was at 94k after hells kitchen and needing 40k per sub to get legendary token there's zero chance of getting 40k on hand fortress at a push maybe 25k with some serious grinding.

Luckily though the event token I just got from last node gave me a prof x purpleflag.png so I feel like I already got the token ha ha
  • OneLastGambit
    Realcrap wrote:
    So if I am on the Xmansion sub and it's ending in less than 2 hours (3 days left on the event in total) and I have around 60,000 points, is it even possible to hit the legendary token at this point without having to live for MPQ or should I just stop bothering at this point and save myself the aggravation?

icon_e_biggrin.gif

Grind those wave nodes to nothing, they are the best points in the event so far and I'm one day from finishing
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anybody remember point amounts for the last sub of this event? I'm usually at legendary progression level on the second to last sub, or early on the last sub and I'm still like 70,000 behind right now. Getting worried... icon_e_confused.gif
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, I'm not having any luck either. I've got basically the last 2 subs to make up about 100k. That seems pretty unreasonable. Did the point values get messed up from the last run? Kinda starting to make me wonder why I even bothered.